You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Harugumo

Guys, what laptop set up do you have for WoWs? I need some advice

19 comments in this topic

634 posts
6,218 battles

currently browsing for laptop deals

I am very confused right now, so far the ones i have my eyes on (the cheaper ones) either have 1050ti 2/4gb, with 16gb of ram, and most have i7 7700.

Do any one have similar configurations? does the game run smooth on max settings?

or should i spend a bit more and get laptops with 1060?

Edited by TorpedoBeat

1,342 posts
8,860 battles

Using a custom gaming desktop so can't help much with laptops.

But my system is almost 2 years old with 980ti and i7 and I can run WoWs HD client on max settings smoothly. So I think your specs are more than enough.

Beta Tester
652 posts
3,525 battles
19 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Using a custom gaming desktop so can't help much with laptops.

But my system is almost 2 years old with 980ti and i7 and I can run WoWs HD client on max settings smoothly. So I think your specs are more than enough.

Ditto but mine was 2013 Potato Tune.

1,068 posts
3,847 battles
9 hours ago, K135Blitzkrieg said:

Seem like i'm the only one here still use GTX760 :cap_wander:

My 3 year old vaio still can handle this game with 10-30 fps depend on room temperature:cap_book:

I have a GTX 580,no probs running at 70 FPS with the vsync off.

260 posts
4,654 battles

I am using GT 630M (https://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-630M.63761.0.html) running low on 1080p, average about 40FPS, but will dip to 10-20 on some intensive scenes. CPU is i5-3210m, which might be the reason for the frame dips. It is an old laptop, so cannot complain.

If you only play online games, GeForce 940XM is good enough (at least 30fps) for medium setting in 1080p. GeForce GTX 1050 and above are more than enough (> 60fps) to play 1080p on ultra settings, they can even play other games at 1080p, but at a lower graphics settings.You can refer to this website for the graphics card benchmarks: https://www.notebookcheck.net/World-of-Warships-Desktop-and-Notebook-Benchmarks.151274.0.html

Dual cores are fine for this game, but for stability, quad core is recommended. This allows your computer to multitask while playing, like streaming, but this topic you will need another person to advice you. Usually laptops with GTX 1050 comes with intel quad core cpu, e.g. i5-7300HQ, i7-7700HQ.

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

this game quite light actualy

my old ROG with 460M can run smoothly with high setting

Dynamic lightning however can cause fps drop bellow 60

with GTX above 900+ series. its like munching snacks

even with re-shade/sweet fx  it wont take much of your VGA

well. WoW not exactly have great graphics 

Edited by humusz

260 posts
4,654 battles
15 hours ago, Puteralanun said:

What about the XPS 13, the i5 version?

Intel HD Graphics 620? Should be able to play, at least at 1366x786 medium settings