You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
cplbao

Discuss Myoko vs Mogami

9 comments in this topic

353 posts
5,075 battles

I notice a game in myoko is much easier than in mogami. My win rate reflects as such as well when seeing my arp sisters vs mogami.

Other than lower tier favourable matching, how differently should a mogami be played compared to myoko?

980 posts
12,782 battles

Mogami has horrible turret firing angles. Been a while since I played a Myoko, but the firing angles for the Ibuki are much better than Mogami. I guess that means showing less of your side armour means you will perform better defensively.

To be honest, ive found the 15x155mm Mogami a much better boat than the Myoko. The rudder responds faster, you are much much more concealed, and you can stealth fire up to 16 torpedoes while kiting from enemies. Also your effectiveness against enemy destroyers is soooooooo much better! 

451 posts

Part of the problem is the citadel.  On the Mogami, it's average on height, but it is very wide. When big enough shells pass through you, they end up in the wide cit, and you lose 10k health instead of a pen for 3-4 k health.  

That's a big problem.  When I realized this, and adjusted my angling (much more swinging is needed) and you must stop firing at times so you can drop off detection.  Always preplan you moves or you will be hurt. 

353 posts
5,075 battles

Hmmm... do you guys push in a mogami? It seem its more unforgiving when discovered, so even though 9.8km detection its still gets punished badly once targeted.

Also, does mogami work better supporting charge with dd or should it stay futhur back at 12 to 13km?

372 posts
10,248 battles
49 minutes ago, cplbao said:

Hmmm... do you guys push in a mogami? It seem its more unforgiving when discovered, so even though 9.8km detection its still gets punished badly once targeted.

Also, does mogami work better supporting charge with dd or should it stay futhur back at 12 to 13km?

You should stay further back at the start, mogami takes massive damage from all BB AP thx to the 25mm hull and large citadel.

Super Tester
7,793 posts
8,043 battles
4 hours ago, cplbao said:

Mogami works better as a cheeki breeki run and gun support ship, but you must approach in a way where BBs will not notice you. What I mean is, if you want to support DDs, move closer to the cap undetected, and don't poke the BBs on the way cause they will notice you. Easiest trick I follow is to follow a DD at a certain range. Lets say your allied DD moving onto cap is a Benson (lets say, as a round figure, the concealment is 6km) and your concealment (as a round figure) is 10 km, so you follow your DD at a 4-5km gap. You will never get detected before your DD detects the enemy DD. (Ya don't do that with VMF DDs).

Also, Mogami is better than Myoko in every way. Myoko is the most boring ship I have ever played in my life...... I don't think your winrate differed cause of ship qualities, it has something to do with MM range change. 

451 posts

I always get into kite position or have an island close by before I open fire. 

Preplanning is a must. 

16 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Mogami works better as a cheeki breeki run and gun support ship, but you must approach in a way where BBs will not notice you. What I mean is, if you want to support DDs, move closer to the cap undetected, and don't poke the BBs on the way cause they will notice you. Easiest trick I follow is to follow a DD at a certain range. Lets say your allied DD moving onto cap is a Benson (lets say, as a round figure, the concealment is 6km) and your concealment (as a round figure) is 10 km, so you follow your DD at a 4-5km gap. You will never get detected before your DD detects the enemy DD. (Ya don't do that with VMF DDs).

Also, Mogami is better than Myoko in every way. Myoko is the most boring ship I have ever played in my life...... I don't think your winrate differed cause of ship qualities, it has something to do with MM range change. 

Good example of preplanning here.