You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Skarhabek_Wizard

whats wrong with Des Moines?

14 comments in this topic

39 posts

Des Moines

got 203mm gun, 3x3 

5.5 sec reload, ultra tuyul reload speed

high shell arc

"radar"

"GG AA"

Concealment..... Des Meme is a american Ninja!

>>> highest DPM

Henry 4

got 240mm gun, 3x3

12.3 sec reload, the crew is busy inserting baguetta into main gun

shell arc??

"Spood Beest", basically everyone think this is useless

"Tomato Sauce AA".... not enough spicy for CV

Concealment...... Da Real RAMBO!!!!

>>> Lowest DPM

but look at the stat.... 

https://asia.wows-numbers.com/ship/4179539792,Henri-IV/

Henry 4 lead the way! look at 5% stat (assume only unicum play it), only Hindenburg can beat Henry 4.......

but where is our Des Meme? oh well......

with the highest DPM, high shell arc, high concealment and "radar".... why Des Moines DEAL THE LOWEST AVERAGE DAMAGE????

at top 50%, 25%, and even 5%, Des Moines still do lowest damage...

534 posts

High concealment? Wanna try to compare with Minotaur? Speed boost useless? It's enough for Henri iv has higher chance to escape the battlefield, radar? Impressive duration but worse detection range than Moskva and 240 deals better damage than 203

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles
1 hour ago, Skarhabek_Wizard said:

"Spood Beest", basically everyone think this is useless

I wanna see some of these "everyone" you mention (for research purposes only, not ATLAS like action ofc).

39 posts
13 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

sigh

henri dosnt get deleted when farming on the open seas

ah i see

46 minutes ago, Somedude_Yudachi said:

.....and 240 deals better damage than 203

Des Moines have higher DPM 5.5 sec reload with 

8 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

I wanna see some of these "everyone" you mention (for research purposes only, not ATLAS like action ofc).

Flamu said Spood Beest is useless and shellfish compared to Radar and Smoke.

since Flamu is unicum, maybe everyone will think HE IS RIGHT

i myself dont think speed boost is useless thought, combined with RDF, it can catch DD or can be used to reposition

the thing that i dont understand is, WHY Henry 4 deal so much damage.... even Flamu admit it....

the real weird is Des Moines, with phew phew gun she can actually rekt everyone. also its 203mm..... why lowest damage?

firing range 15.3km? isnt that can be boosted with module range +16%?

and survivability? if DD use smoke and Des Meme hide inside it.... phew phew phew invisfiring (the nerf just recent)

if enemy cruiser use radar, Des Meme can use radar too and delete it with her fast reload......

then another theory arise, Des Moines Accuracy is very bad because high arc.... and the shell velocity is like snail.....

or its just me that very noob missed so much???

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
2 hours ago, Skarhabek_Wizard said:

ah i see

Des Moines have higher DPM 5.5 sec reload with 

Flamu said Spood Beest is useless and shellfish compared to Radar and Smoke.

since Flamu is unicum, maybe everyone will think HE IS RIGHT

i myself dont think speed boost is useless thought, combined with RDF, it can catch DD or can be used to reposition

the thing that i dont understand is, WHY Henry 4 deal so much damage.... even Flamu admit it....

the real weird is Des Moines, with phew phew gun she can actually rekt everyone. also its 203mm..... why lowest damage?

firing range 15.3km? isnt that can be boosted with module range +16%?

and survivability? if DD use smoke and Des Meme hide inside it.... phew phew phew invisfiring (the nerf just recent)

if enemy cruiser use radar, Des Meme can use radar too and delete it with her fast reload......

then another theory arise, Des Moines Accuracy is very bad because high arc.... and the shell velocity is like snail.....

or its just me that very noob missed so much???

flammu...

-"asia server sucks"

-predicts the EU/SEA clash will be steamroll

-it was a steamroll

flammu has no idea what he's talking about

Edited by drakon233

455 posts
8,038 battles

Henry is a long range kiting cruiser. It mainly farms bbs but bbs have high hp and heals, so those high damage numbers aren't really so high. On the other hand a DM is a close range support cruiser. Because of its characteristics it usually stays closer to the caps and kills dds, which have far lower HP but more influence than a bb. Also, Henri can keep its guns firing all the time because of its range to make up for its DPM while DM can burn down targets much faster but also spends more time repositioning. Raw stats are meaningless without context, and the truth here is that Henri can farm damage better but that doesn't win games

39 posts
18 minutes ago, Adm_Kunkka said:

and the truth here is that Henri can farm damage better but that doesn't win games

Henry4 Winrate is always higher than Des Meme

100% population : Henry4 highest WR of all

50% population : Moskva >> Minotaur >> Henry4

25% population : Henry4 highest WR of all

10% population : Memetaur >> Henry4

5% population : Henry4 highest WR    << even Des Moines unicum player cannt beat Henry4 unicum player

the most interesting is K/D on Henry4 always higher than other ship. Zao is the second, despite dealing lower damage, the ability to survive is very high.

aaand on the bottom is Des Moines.... yes its got too close to cap getting higher risk.

Conclusion :

Des Moines good at killing DD and other light cruiser.... lower winrate

Henry4 good at killing BB and other cruiser..... higher winrate

killing BB is better for winning the game...

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

no, DM is too high risk, unless you take a div with you the chance of getting obliterated by a BB is still too high, and in a game where you die early, you dont contribute to the match. H-IVs almost always live till the last, their contribuation is still much less then DM when it comes to killing the things that matter and getting the objective done

534 posts
16 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

no, DM is too high risk, unless you take a div with you the chance of getting obliterated by a BB is still too high, and in a game where you die early, you dont contribute to the match. H-IVs almost always live till the last, their contribuation is still much less then DM when it comes to killing the things that matter and getting the objective done

Where I can get your avatars buddy?

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,036 battles

Low damage on Des Moine is also caused by close proximity to the cap where the main targets is DD's which have low HP & CA's which also have low HP. A des Moine doesn't HE spam BB's like the other CA's so damage padding doesn't occur.

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles
6 hours ago, Skarhabek_Wizard said:

Henry4 Winrate is always higher than Des Meme

100% population : Henry4 highest WR of all

50% population : Moskva >> Minotaur >> Henry4

25% population : Henry4 highest WR of all

10% population : Memetaur >> Henry4

5% population : Henry4 highest WR    << even Des Moines unicum player cannt beat Henry4 unicum player

the most interesting is K/D on Henry4 always higher than other ship. Zao is the second, despite dealing lower damage, the ability to survive is very high.

aaand on the bottom is Des Moines.... yes its got too close to cap getting higher risk.

Conclusion :

Des Moines good at killing DD and other light cruiser.... lower winrate

Henry4 good at killing BB and other cruiser..... higher winrate

killing BB is better for winning the game...

You did not consider number of games. Des Moines stats are very saturated, while Henri is still relatively new ship.