You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SIntreaper

You ask and I deliver: Saipan Poll Results!

12 comments in this topic

18 posts
24 battles

Disclaimer

The following results are the results of a player-run poll distributed among the NA forums, Asia forums, and r/worldofwarships.  The results are not endorsed by any other party except for myself, including Wargaming, Reddit, or any of the developers.  As this was a player run poll, I open up my results to any analysis that any players, developers, and/or outside observers would like to make.  I expect to be accused of  vote manipulation .  These results are not guaranteed to influence Wargaming in any way.  i am also not an AP Stats student.  If you spot an incorrect assumption, please show mercy.  Thank you.

Introduction and Methodology

This poll has run from 5-11-17 to 7-11-17 (D-M-Y) for approximately 3 full days.  During this time, the survey collected 330 responses. I will be using the data from only this poll to gather data and form conclusions.  Results were compiled into an Excel document and were formed into charts.  

Data results

Do note that the data can be accessed at the Google Forms link if you would like to see for yourself @ https://goo.gl/forms/5kvGsGrrj34sc2yB3

The results are as follows:

uJ4QNEjDADK1l_xiHGTeZWaVI8oFiE7peN1BNPxyVuu-P9I06dt79UxGyM52NMM8DwDzlT2j9HTosRwv3nF2luV-zJstt84LRIT_iJo2eseHC19x1n2iOqC9GKcs1fP27F-KdT35

(Out of a pool of 329 people and responses)

Se3C1MSIpmydQ_lkXGQeX7ry6ohbDeDE778fZEyqEoiNAgVTUm7XoSAzwvqCUGEhJL-sJHcDE7SXSkh_36mnSl7GD0k-IWkRbcMSl8C-xOzAGJUXujXSmVUh_wWJJvYh64rV2Awd

(Out of a pool of 330 people and responses)

cm8ZnZVRVr6Uwc6-v6vl0wh71yLR3cJMeOck__0AjVSUntlMCYQ5dBRiuB3CCcLoJtZxK0vbg8cxknaWfPuSGJC76RljfnXj__CBWq4Hs7XLCpVETnBOXQOJNViXD7mp5L9bnmgG

(Out of a pool of 271 people and 411 responses)

wVTeiUxIYmL7xu0LepWdPSHON2Uqv-zZWq4mzf2TDH_HNwdHFJwItG0qSoW34coLppVcK-3BJMiFPtbpiHHgGKTXC6VJSPNXMLaknofQqvcO0o8Grd5V2EcogcQ3Zk6jpiuXfw9v

(Out of a pool of 330 people and responses)

Analysis

With the numbers out of the way, let's look at what these results mean.  In poll question 1, around 2/3 of those surveyed did not have a Saipan, and 1/3 of those surveyed did.  I believe this gives me a reasonable pool of candidates to draw from, one that is decently sized and varied in whether they own the Saipan or not.  This question is relatively straightforward; not much explanation is needed.  

However, when we move over to the second question, already we begin to see some aberrations.  75% of the poll answers indicated that some kind of change to the Saipan should take place.  Looking back at poll question 1, we see that around 1/3 of the population that took this survey owns a Saipan.  This means that at least 14% of those who took this poll and own a Saipan would like to see some kind of change take place, but this estimate is very generous, as probably more than 14% of those who own a Saipan and were surveyed wanted the Saipan to be changed in some way, shape, or form, although I can't speak for them.  

Moving onto the third question, the pie chart really explodes with options.  Do note that you can pick more than one option, thus there was a staggering 411 responses picked by 271 different people.  The Google Forms will show this differently, as it does not count the number of options but rather the number of options chosen divided by the number of people who selected an answer.  The results, however are quite clear and are consistent with both the Excel doc and the Google Forms: Around 45% of the posters believe that the Saipan's only nerf should be removing its free strafe-out from dogfights.  This was around 30% of the results chosen as well.  It seems that most players' only problem with the Saipan is the free strafe-out it receives.  In fact, around 77 responses indicated that the Saipan should be buffed in other areas.  Clearly there is only one big problem most players see, and that is the free strafe-out.  

And finally, the last question.  This was more of a joke question than anything else.  Around 54% of the people who took part in this poll would sit around and grab some popcorn, which shows that despite this game being a naval warfare game, many of us players are relatively tame and wouldn't get in a fight over a small problem like this.  Another 30% is also peaceful, although not as tame, as they would party.  For some reason, 16% of the population would literally riot and cause mayhem over pixels being changed, even though the EULA specifically states that WG reserves the right to change our virtual goods at any time.  

Conclusion

Results from this poll are a good indicator that most players do believe that the Saipan is in need of nerfs.  It is not, in fact, the loud minority that sees the Saipan as needing of tweaks, but a majority of players.  However, most players believe that the Saipan only needs the gimmick of strafing out without losing fighters removed, as the poll mostly suggests.  Thus, it would be a good idea to only nerf that aspect and maybe even buff another aspect in compensation.  In the future, I hope to conduct more polls like this to actually gauge a truly public opinion on a ship or mechanic.  

Regards,

Slntreaper

PS: Here's a thank you for reading this far: 

5a029e7255bf0_poihappy.thumb.png.d76cda19b4d54f1ab689a4a13d98e27b.png

18 posts
24 battles
2 minutes ago, Pervis117 said:

This was an excellent initiative.Thank you for the effort you have put in.

Well, to be honest, I probably could have improved on my gathering methods.  I should have also figured out a way to post it on Facebook, Twitter, the EU forums, and the RU forums.  I think I did a good job with analysis though.

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,005 battles

@SIntreaper

However, you are just looking into the responses of people who can think straight. During the Q&A section, there were many people with opinions like "I paid money for it and I wan't something better / extra from regular tech tree ships", or, "I am willing to pay to get p2w features". There are also huge amount of players, especially USA elitists on NA server and people from EU server will simply ask for refunds since that is how stuffs work there. So, even if you find the results very comforting, 300-400 people won't be representing anything at all.

Sad but truth. I'm just glad to see that my opinion matched with the majority of people who voted.

Beta Tester
660 posts
3,532 battles
1 hour ago, icy_phoenix said:

@SIntreaper

However, you are just looking into the responses of people who can think straight. During the Q&A section, there were many people with opinions like "I paid money for it and I wan't something better / extra from regular tech tree ships", or, "I am willing to pay to get p2w features". There are also huge amount of players, especially USA elitists on NA server and people from EU server will simply ask for refunds since that is how stuffs work there. So, even if you find the results very comforting, 300-400 people won't be representing anything at all.

Sad but truth. I'm just glad to see that my opinion matched with the majority of people who voted.

If they are going to nerf the saipan, I would going to Refund saipan, i mean i dont use saipan a-lot at all. Because what's the point when Saipan is going to get down to ground.

274 posts
23,690 battles
5 hours ago, Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus said:

The discussion here is pretty quiet.

Meanwhile at the snowflake server....

None of that drivel is about the Saipan though. Its a 3 page harangue  about whether a bad review of a different cv's fighter capacity can be paraphrased into a particular expression or not.

This is my absolute first impression of the NA forum. Just sad. 

Edited by Pervis117

372 posts
10,107 battles

The ability to strafe out of lock and the ammo buff were only added long after the ship so most people shoudn't be asking for a refund if it does get nerfed...

Beta Tester
660 posts
3,532 battles
15 hours ago, Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus said:

The discussion here is pretty quiet.

Meanwhile at the snowflake server....

We don't really care anymore anyway let alone NA USER Rant rant and rant. We get our popcorns and watch the fun, those Ignoramus are strong on this one bit.

Anyway... Its ded now there.