You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
admiral_tee

Arkansas Beta buff 0.6.13

21 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,187 battles

Hey,

In the patch notes, it mentions that Arkansas Beta gets a small buff:

• Arkansas Beta: the firing range of the secondary battery was increased from 3.5 to 4.5 km, the guns accuracy was also significantly increased. These values will improve the ship's performance in close combat.

At these low levels, going for a secondary build is often not worth it, thanks to the Tier 7 cut off for decent manual aiming of secondary weapons.

Has anyone with this ship tried this secondary build for s&g? If so, any commentary?

Also, how much was the accuracy buff, as in what were the values and what are they now?

Tee

1,386 posts
8,248 battles

Arkansas Beta Secondary gun's firing range increased from 3.5 km to 4.5 km, and the secondaries are now extremely accurate: The new maximum horizontal dispersion is 86 meters (it was 287 meters).

Source: sea-group org (URL:https://sea-group.org/?p=3613)

Seems decent enough, with or without manual secondary

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,779 battles

They've basically given it the T7 and up manual secondaries skill baked in - all you really need are the range increases.  Given how close you get to enemy ships at T4, secondary builds may well be useful.

Alpha Tester
1,638 posts
7,230 battles

But why buff?  :cap_hmm:

There is only a limited number of Arkbets in the game.

And what's even odder~

Iwaki Alpha also gets a buff.  She's getting hydro and slight gun range increase.

There are even less of these ships in game, and IMHO are verging on OP (in the right hands) already.

Could it be that they are going to available in the shop???

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles
14 hours ago, AntifoulAwl said:

But why buff?  :cap_hmm:

There is only a limited number of Arkbets in the game.

And what's even odder~

Iwaki Alpha also gets a buff.  She's getting hydro and slight gun range increase.

There are even less of these ships in game, and IMHO are verging on OP (in the right hands) already.

Could it be that they are going to available in the shop???

It's been over 12 months since they were released so anything is possible

[STUN]
[STUN]
79 posts
2,126 battles
18 minutes ago, dead_man_walking said:

It's been over 12 months since they were released so anything is possible

it's been that long? :P

Also, time to pull out the Arkansas for a run again.

1,496 posts
6 minutes ago, Kim_JongMion said:

Can these 2 ships be acquired through Super Containers?

I don't think so, as these ships were special gifts given to those who participated in closed alpha & closed beta testing, so they are extremely rare, & unobtainable. :Smile_sad:

Ordrazz

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,842 posts
4,140 battles

It took absolutely years for WG to sell the Mutant which was the alpha tester tank.    The were pretty quick to sell the Sherman E4 which was the beta.

Personally I look at the Iwaki as a badge of honour and reward for alpha testers and would be rightfully pissed if it was sold to all and sundry, but WG and a dollar are hard to separate and if they see the opportunity they would probably slap a premium name on their grandmothers and sell them.

it was always lively to see the chat when you take the iwaki for a spin :cap_cool:

I've never even had a comment when I'm out in mine.

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,187 battles
9 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

It took absolutely years for WG to sell the Mutant which was the alpha tester tank.    The were pretty quick to sell the Sherman E4 which was the beta.

Personally I look at the Iwaki as a badge of honour and reward for alpha testers and would be rightfully pissed if it was sold to all and sundry, but WG and a dollar are hard to separate and if they see the opportunity they would probably slap a premium name on their grandmothers and sell them.

I've never even had a comment when I'm out in mine.

Same for the Ark Beta.

Tee

1,069 posts
3,847 battles

There were rumours on the NA forum a while ago that the Arkansas Beta at least might be released in slightly different form for general sale.Heard nothing lately though.

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,277 battles

I swear, Arkansas Beta is like a badge of honor. Them selling the Mutant on SEA can be justified as technically no SEA player would have it, but they try selling the Iwaki Alpha or Arkansas Beta and people are gonna be real mad.

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,059 battles

My clan mate was sailing it last night & from 50 secondary hits he got 25 which is an accuracy rate of 50% which is pretty impressive.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,842 posts
4,140 battles
7 hours ago, BigWaveSurfer said:

took mine for a spin in PVE. No more shotgun, all the main rounds come together on the target. it is a lot of fun......with no CV's around :Smile_hiding:

I haven't driven mine since I got it and just took it for a drive then.  I never realised it had SIX upgrade slots!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And forgot it had 6 turrets.....lol

Edited by RalphTheTheatreCat

Beta Tester
213 posts
4,131 battles

Ark B now is very good, it and have the most accurate secondary gun i ever see. Sadly while CV is extinct on high tier, there are too many CV in tier 4 that make i wish some if at least i have something to shoot those planes, even a carbine i fine:cap_rambo: