You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
JunkTankk

newbie asking about pre tier 7 or 8

68 comments in this topic

13 posts
1,544 battles

frist eng is my second language so sometime i write wrong plz forgive me.

i want to buy some pre ship, but i wonder what tier is best for long term and fun, 7 or 8, i know if buy 8 you will MM with X, but with 7 MM with 9 max, so both of them still MM +2 from your tier. So with tier 8 i plant to buy atago and tirpz, with tier 7  i plan to buy schar, blyka, and maybe 1 cruiser ( plz suggest me). So can some one give me advice about which tier i should play, and maybe which ship should buy for that tier if they are not above.

thank you

455 posts
8,038 battles

For your own sake (and particularly for the sake of other players) please consider playing upto t8 in one or two lines before buying a premium ship.
Seriously, t8 is a completely different gameplay experience than t4-t6 and you cant just start playing a t8 premium: you simply wont enjoy it and nor will your teammates

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,276 battles

1. Get some experience first. 288 battles is nowhere near enough experience. Buying a T8 or T7 premium will only ruin your gaming experience.

2. I suggest waiting for the Anshan to come on sale. It is a very capable DD by itself and also has perks like 100% bonus free exp earned. There really aren't many noob friendly high tier premiums. Both the Scharnost and Tirpitz will allow you to somewhat survive a bit, but their accuracy will reduce your enjoyment of the game. As for Atago, the heal is very good, but without experience, you will still die VERY quickly.

Beta Tester
653 posts
3,526 battles

I'm afraid for you now your Battle is still low.

For some suggestion a Tier 6 Premium Ship is good for you because you not only got 100% Bonus but also you get extra credits earned . For now , keep away from Tier 7 and 8 as The Elites can go no easy on you. You need trained up abit for more kicking battles.

1,347 posts
8,872 battles

Rather than suggesting you get a ship, my advice for newbies is to NOT buy a high tier premium ship yet.

The higher tiers like Tier 7-8 are not for newbies. The game plays very differently and requires players to fully understand the game mechanics in order to make use of their ships.

Play the game more and get more experience. Grind your way up to Tier 7-8 in one of the tech tree lines so that when you if do decide how to get a Tier 7-8 Premium ship, you will know how to use it.

As for what ship to buy, it really depends on what type of ship you like to play, which is part of the reason why I advise you to grind up the lines first - so you can figure out what ship type you like. But if you really must get a Premium ship for whatever reason now, get a lower tier one instead. There are plenty of good Tier 5-6 Premium ships.

[STUN]
[STUN]
79 posts
2,119 battles

Like everyone else is saying: maybe you should buy a lower tier premium if at all.

Warspite's fun, better Fuses than the other RN BBs.
Graf Spee is almost OP, able to smack BBs easily.
Dunkek is fun, but kinda boring if you go for the bow_on.meme mode.
Giulo Cesare is quite nippy, like a Kongo, but better 100% more Pasta and Italian speech knife fighting.
Texas is fun, and familiar if you are anywhere on the lower end of the US BB Line. 
>Insert offensive Arizona line here<

Ishizushi is kinda ok, Kongo is BANINGU RABU better.
Do they still sell the Yubari? it's fun, it's unfamiliar to many, it's troll.

Super Tester
7,558 posts
8,001 battles

@JunkTankk, as for your question, you are a bit late, you can no longer buy two of the most broken premium ships from tier 7 and 8.

From tier 8, I think Atago and Prinz Eugen are better choices. I'd say, stick with Cruisers first as they relatively require less experience to do well in.

I personally prefer tier 7 more. Do not get Blyskawica first, it's a tough ship to play, and not very effective anymore. Go for Scharnhorst if you want.

As others said, most premium ships require some degree of skills. However if you are confident, go for it. My first DD in the game were Blyskawica, first Cruiser Kutuzov, first BB Tirpitz and first CV Saipan. Yes, played them before reaching tier 4. I didn't do well. But later I tried hard and sort of fixed their stats.

It's certainly doable, but will not be easy. These ships are full of gimmick and you need to learn to exploit them. My suggestion, get them, just don't spam them non stop. Focus more on your tech tree for first 2k battles. Play premiums occasionally, or lightly.

One key note, buy something from the same nation as you are grinding, they will help a lot.

Edited by icy_phoenix

39 posts

T7 is master race, since you will get uptiered most of the time or at least you will get T8 mm ...

T9 is so rare for T7, maybe once for every 5~10 games. if you pick T8 you will get bottom tiered most of the time.

but consider this, most of T8 ship is stronk enough to face T10 match except Prinz Eugene.... people buy it for Waifu

13 posts
1,544 battles

thank for all reply, but so sorry i dont have time to play low tier cause i have job and family with 2 child lol..... only can play around 2 hours/day so that why i want buy some high tier pre to enjoy game at soon at i have free time. I hate run low tier ugly ship. My plan is buy some pre ship than grind for free exp than get missory (tier 9 pre) i am not forcus on grind exp to buy tech tree ship

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,836 posts
4,138 battles

The problem with that is that if you don't have the prerequisite knowledge of the  ships and maps, skills equipment and captain skills, high tier players are going to wipe the floor with you and then the game wont be fun so you end up not enjoying it.   Grinding Free XP for a Missouri.

Everyone is pretty much giving you the same advice about not buying a high tier premium ship when you are just starting in the game.

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,501 battles

If you are time limited then maybe buy 1 months premium time and see how that works for you.Then every game you play will be + 50% XP/credits , so will get up the tech tree faster. 

Please do not buy a T8 premium if you have just under 300 games, it won;t be fun. For you or your team mates!

There not many good low tier ships these days. The Murmansk at T5 used to be great, but Tier 5 sees Tier 7 too often these days. 

My advice pick just one or two ships lines and focus those. I'd say the Japanese cruisers are very player friendly - from tier 4 - 8 the ships are pretty solid and new player friendly. Grinding 700000 free XP for the Missouri will take you years if only have a couple of hours a day to play. It is pretty easy to get to Tier 5, and there are some fun ships around tier 5 - 6.

[LNA]
1,665 posts
10,469 battles
1 minute ago, j0e90 said:

If you are time limited then maybe buy 1 months premium time and see how that works for you.Then every game you play will be + 50% XP/credits , so will get up the tech tree faster. 

Please do not buy a T8 premium if you have just under 300 games, it won;t be fun. For you or your team mates!

There not many good low tier ships these days. The Murmansk at T5 used to be great, but Tier 5 sees Tier 7 too often these days. 

My advice pick just one or two ships lines and focus those. I'd say the Japanese cruisers are very player friendly - from tier 4 - 8 the ships are pretty solid and new player friendly. Grinding 700000 free XP for the Missouri will take you years if only have a couple of hours a day to play. It is pretty easy to get to Tier 5, and there are some fun ships around tier 5 - 6.

IJN line is not noob friendly , awkward ergonomics is the main killer and also the painful traverse speed and torpedo angle, i would rather suggest going up either the french speedbotes, soviet railguns or US all arounder

2,222 posts
13,723 battles

Today's lesson is what not to do.

1. Ask for advice.

13 hours ago, JunkTankk said:

frist eng is my second language so sometime i write wrong plz forgive me.

i want to buy some pre ship, but i wonder what tier is best for long term and fun, 7 or 8, i know if buy 8 you will MM with X, but with 7 MM with 9 max, so both of them still MM +2 from your tier. So with tier 8 i plant to buy atago and tirpz, with tier 7  i plan to buy schar, blyka, and maybe 1 cruiser ( plz suggest me). So can some one give me advice about which tier i should play, and maybe which ship should buy for that tier if they are not above.

thank you

2. Tally the responses.

10 hours ago, Adm_Kunkka said:

For your own sake (and particularly for the sake of other players) please consider playing upto t8 in one or two lines before buying a premium ship.
Seriously, t8 is a completely different gameplay experience than t4-t6 and you cant just start playing a t8 premium: you simply wont enjoy it and nor will your teammates

4695 battles

10 hours ago, FishyPower said:

1. Get some experience first. 288 battles is nowhere near enough experience. Buying a T8 or T7 premium will only ruin your gaming experience.

2. I suggest waiting for the Anshan to come on sale. It is a very capable DD by itself and also has perks like 100% bonus free exp earned. There really aren't many noob friendly high tier premiums. Both the Scharnost and Tirpitz will allow you to somewhat survive a bit, but their accuracy will reduce your enjoyment of the game. As for Atago, the heal is very good, but without experience, you will still die VERY quickly.

3464 battles

9 hours ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

I'm afraid for you now your Battle is still low.

For some suggestion a Tier 6 Premium Ship is good for you because you not only got 100% Bonus but also you get extra credits earned . For now , keep away from Tier 7 and 8 as The Elites can go no easy on you. You need trained up abit for more kicking battles.

1692 battles

9 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Rather than suggesting you get a ship, my advice for newbies is to NOT buy a high tier premium ship yet.

The higher tiers like Tier 7-8 are not for newbies. The game plays very differently and requires players to fully understand the game mechanics in order to make use of their ships.

Play the game more and get more experience. Grind your way up to Tier 7-8 in one of the tech tree lines so that when you if do decide how to get a Tier 7-8 Premium ship, you will know how to use it.

As for what ship to buy, it really depends on what type of ship you like to play, which is part of the reason why I advise you to grind up the lines first - so you can figure out what ship type you like. But if you really must get a Premium ship for whatever reason now, get a lower tier one instead. There are plenty of good Tier 5-6 Premium ships.

4985 battles

7 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

@JunkTankk, as for your question, you are a bit late, you can no longer buy two of the most broken premium ships from tier 7 and 8.

From tier 8, I think Atago and Prinz Eugen are better choices. I'd say, stick with Cruisers first as they relatively require less experience to do well in.

I personally prefer tier 7 more. Do not get Blyskawica first, it's a tough ship to play, and not very effective anymore. Go for Scharnhorst if you want.

As others said, most premium ships require some degree of skills. However if you are confident, go for it. My first DD in the game were Blyskawica, first Cruiser Kutuzov, first BB Tirpitz and first CV Saipan. Yes, played them before reaching tier 4. I didn't do well. But later I tried hard and sort of fixed their stats.

It's certainly doable, but will not be easy. These ships are full of gimmick and you need to learn to exploit them. My suggestion, get them, just don't spam them non stop. Focus more on your tech tree for first 2k battles. Play premiums occasionally, or lightly.

One key note, buy something from the same nation as you are grinding, they will help a lot.

6011 battles

Me. Please do not buy high tier Premium. You will get destroyed and you will ruin the game for others.

9181 battles

30k battle experience is telling you (with 288 battles. that's less than 1%) not to go high tier

3. Make decision that ignores experienced advice.

1 hour ago, JunkTankk said:

thank for all reply, but so sorry i dont have time to play low tier cause i have job and family with 2 child lol..... only can play around 2 hours/day so that why i want buy some high tier pre to enjoy game at soon at i have free time. I hate run low tier ugly ship. My plan is buy some pre ship than grind for free exp than get missory (tier 9 pre) i am not forcus on grind exp to buy tech tree ship

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
1 minute ago, keskparane said:

Today's lesson is what not to do.

1. Ask for advice.

2. Tally the responses.

4695 battles

3464 battles

1692 battles

4985 battles

6011 battles

Me. Please do not buy high tier Premium. You will get destroyed and you will ruin the game for others.

9181 battles

30k battle experience is telling you (with 288 battles. that's less than 1%) not to go high tier

3. Make decision that ignores experienced advice.

dont buy high tier prem ships till you at least mastered T8 tech tree ships

there, make it 45k battle's worth of expirence now

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,290 posts

Buy your premium tier 8 ship, but play Co-Op only.

That way you can enjoy it and not annoy other players who focus on just playing PvE.

The grind may take longer, but you will eventually get there and will have had more fun and caused less irritation to others.

It works for me and I have Missouri and Nelson, it will work for you....

2,222 posts
13,723 battles

As for what to buy.

• The Tachibana is a really OP fun ship to play IMO. But she is only T2. 
  • I think a T5 BB would suit you best
  • A T5 cruiser will take a bit of learning but can yield good results

What not to buy

• DO NOT get the Campbelltown. She is poorly under gunned.
  • I would recommend you don't get higher than T5

13 posts
1,544 battles
Just now, LtDan_IceCream said:

Buy your premium tier 8 ship, but play Co-Op only.

That way you can enjoy it and not annoy other players who focus on just playing PvE.

The grind may take longer, but you will eventually get there and will have had more fun and caused less irritation to others.

It works for me and I have Missouri and Nelson, it will work for you....

thank for reply, this is what i want to know, so buy tier 8 with atago and tirpiz are good right ?. 

i know how you guys thinking about newbi lack of exp . I already play WOT about 3 years, but until now my account only has 1 ter X, i mean i have in game money to buy anny tank tier X but i dont grind enough exp to research it to tier x. So that end up with many pre tier 8 tank in my account. The true is if you want play this game well, you need at least 1 pre ship tier 7 or 8 like WOT, so why you dont buy ASA you can . All i want to know which tier better from 7 and 8, and which ships are good to buy until now.

[LNA]
1,665 posts
10,469 battles

Looks like you have made up your mind , and what we say here cant change your PoV , so any more words will be a waste of time.It all come down to the worse possible solution then: picking a ship where an newbie can ride in without much trouble

I highly recommend that you buy an Atago or a Tirpizt for a tier 8 , both are relatively easy to understand for newcomers , Tirpizt specifically doesnt punish mistakes as hard as cruisers. For dd i recommend a Lo Yang if it come on sale or a Kidd which should come soon

For tier 7 , if you are interested in cv gameplay , Saipan can easily wipe the floor with some training dedication. Other than that , there are good battleship like Scharnhorst , Hood or the Sims which is somewhat friendly to new players. DO NOT EVER buy the Atlanta , the Indianapolis , both are not for the faint hearted

13 posts
1,544 battles
Just now, legionary2099 said:

Looks like you have made up your mind , and what we say here cant change your PoV , so any more words will be a waste of time.It all come down to the worse possible solution then: picking a ship where an newbie can ride in without much trouble

I highly recommend that you buy an Atago or a Tirpizt for a tier 8 , both are relatively easy to understand for newcomers , Tirpizt specifically doesnt punish mistakes as hard as cruisers. For dd i recommend a Lo Yang if it come on sale or a Kidd which should come soon

For tier 7 , if you are interested in cv gameplay , Saipan can easily wipe the floor with some training dedication. Other than that , there are good battleship like Scharnhorst , Hood or the Sims which is somewhat friendly to new players. DO NOT EVER buy the Atlanta , the Indianapolis , both are not for the faint hearted

thank so much, again this is what i am looking for, thank for understand my situation 

[LNA]
1,665 posts
10,469 battles
Just now, JunkTankk said:

the last thing i want to ask, is there some one know future discount plan on web asia, thank

Christmas and new year there will be a big sale if im not mistaken, also some rare premiums might make it to the web store.

But usually the best sale will come on the yearly anniversary around august or september.

They also put a collector pack where you can buy a lot of premium ships for one package after lunar new year last year if im not wrong

2,222 posts
13,723 battles
17 minutes ago, JunkTankk said:

thank for reply, this is what i want to know, so buy tier 8 with atago and tirpiz are good right ?. 

i know how you guys thinking about newbi lack of exp . I already play WOT about 3 years, but until now my account only has 1 ter X, i mean i have in game money to buy anny tank tier X but i dont grind enough exp to research it to tier x. So that end up with many pre tier 8 tank in my account. The true is if you want play this game well, you need at least 1 pre ship tier 7 or 8 like WOT, so why you dont buy ASA you can . All i want to know which tier better from 7 and 8, and which ships are good to buy until now.

No.

T8 in co-op not worth it. You won't make much.

T8 in random you will ruin the game for others and (most likely) do badly.

That is the exact opposite of the truth. The truth is that if you want to play the game well you need experience & skill. Experience alone is not enough. Skill alone needs experience to reach it's potential.

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,290 posts
6 minutes ago, keskparane said:

No.

T8 in co-op not worth it. You won't make much.

T8 in random you will ruin the game for others and (most likely) do badly.

That is the exact opposite of the truth. The truth is that if you want to play the game well you need experience & skill. Experience alone is not enough. Skill alone needs experience to reach it's potential.

Right......

And this is just Tier 7....

5a01485fdd96e_WOWvictoryco-op.thumb.PNG.d3eeb123a054450341521eabb0d58139.PNG Click to choose files