Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
drakon233

fletcher.jpg

12 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[MEGA]
Member
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

imageproxy.php?img=&key=ccdef9bf6e307a5e

you know, i totally forgot to post here when i went to the states this summer.

anyways, i went to the Boston to see ol' ironsides and lo and behold, moored right next to her is a frigging fletcher

"oh wait, that's a world war 2 destroyer"

"holy shit that's a fletcher"

"insert demented fanboi screeching"imageproxy.php?img=&key=ccdef9bf6e307a5eimageproxy.php?img=&key=ccdef9bf6e307a5e

(i honestly had no idea she was there, bloody brochure didnt show it), since people have been talking about saving texas and museum ships and such I thought I'd share some vacation photos here

behold, the T9 ROLF stomp machine('s clone), USS Cassin Young

 

murrica, ****yeah, coming to save the mother****ing day now, murrica

Spoiler

IMG_20160705_131742.thumb.jpg.c4d48d5d2c3262c6986572bc42c9b0ad.jpgIMG_20160705_131744.thumb.jpg.1afe619d3318612decebba69b38ea6db.jpg

(notice how her bridge is actually the late war model, the Fletcher we have in a game has the original bridge, this is the B hull fletcher)

shot-17_11.04_18_50.58-0723.thumb.jpg.6bfbf40e2de12035b33d1112e7ea76c0.jpg

 

 

glorious USN fire control radar

Spoiler

IMG_20160705_131813.thumb.jpg.509a88c891ad6a200db671dcf7253575.jpg

 

capitalism approved dakka dakka

Spoiler

IMG_20160705_133112.thumb.jpg.66d480e6bafe39df88ae5fd1016aaa33.jpgIMG_20160705_133116.thumb.jpg.f547760eff3e07707835b308ab1224dc.jpg

exterior

IMG_20160705_132016.thumb.jpg.4c15e69c0a971ffe93851334e6ab3c32.jpgIMG_20160705_132022.thumb.jpg.ba39dcb281de7070606efdfe83efb819.jpgIMG_20160705_132029.thumb.jpg.fd33f0ed9a298db2d368c7be05b9d3ba.jpgIMG_20160705_132034.thumb.jpg.36cab7d8b95f3caac956917be9d96b3f.jpg

loading bay

IMG_20160705_133505.thumb.jpg.92347265153d944203bd779b628bb550.jpgIMG_20160705_133730.thumb.jpg.bc6d781419ad576f64fd816bd0d6fbfa.jpg

inside of the B turret

 

 

capitalism approved flakka flakka

Spoiler

IMG_20160705_132650.thumb.jpg.fc339866fb5d3967aec7525e83975eae.jpgIMG_20160705_133555.thumb.jpg.46651b96b7548f476d33e3e97ede3d6e.jpgIMG_20160705_133538.thumb.jpg.20b4a2ee935272fc4f5780f216a48287.jpg

 

the heart and soul of a fletcher: torps

Spoiler

IMG_20160705_134927.thumb.jpg.8610a269bde9fe3c3e05c2530da957da.jpgIMG_20160705_133349.thumb.jpg.fea499840123198c8f8282630270f214.jpg

 

plaques

Spoiler

IMG_20160705_133949.thumb.jpg.7185dd0c531325a8735c7a82e6e3fcfc.jpgIMG_20160705_132809.thumb.jpg.26a7bcd2f94f1b4a96c05e2ae35ad1a2.jpg

IMG_20160705_132726.thumb.jpg.321dae3c27444e89788485e4c348ac85.jpgIMG_20160705_131849.jpg

 
 

and i ran out of space to load the pics... rip

 

anyways, enjoy the pictures and be sure to visit the cassin young if you ever pass by Boston, the visit is free

Edited by drakon233

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,490 posts
On 04/11/2017 at 11:44 PM, drakon233 said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=ccdef9bf6e307a5e

you know, i totally forgot to post here when i went to the states this summer.

anyways, i went to the Boston to see ol' ironsides and lo and behold, moored right next to her is a frigging fletcher

"oh wait, that's a world war 2 destroyer"

"holy shit that's a fletcher"

"insert demented fanboi screeching"imageproxy.php?img=&key=ccdef9bf6e307a5eimageproxy.php?img=&key=ccdef9bf6e307a5e

(i honestly had no idea she was there, bloody brochure didnt show it), since people have been talking about saving texas and museum ships and such I thought I'd share some vacation photos here

behold, the T9 ROLF stomp machine('s clone), USS Cassin Young

 

murrica, ****yeah, coming to save the mother****ing day now, murrica

  Reveal hidden contents

IMG_20160705_131742.thumb.jpg.c4d48d5d2c3262c6986572bc42c9b0ad.jpgIMG_20160705_131744.thumb.jpg.1afe619d3318612decebba69b38ea6db.jpg

(notice how her bridge is actually the late war model, the Fletcher we have in a game has the original bridge, this is the B hull fletcher)

shot-17_11.04_18_50.58-0723.thumb.jpg.6bfbf40e2de12035b33d1112e7ea76c0.jpg

 

 

glorious USN fire control radar

  Reveal hidden contents

IMG_20160705_131813.thumb.jpg.509a88c891ad6a200db671dcf7253575.jpg

 

capitalism approved dakka dakka

  Reveal hidden contents

IMG_20160705_133112.thumb.jpg.66d480e6bafe39df88ae5fd1016aaa33.jpgIMG_20160705_133116.thumb.jpg.f547760eff3e07707835b308ab1224dc.jpg

exterior

IMG_20160705_132016.thumb.jpg.4c15e69c0a971ffe93851334e6ab3c32.jpgIMG_20160705_132022.thumb.jpg.ba39dcb281de7070606efdfe83efb819.jpgIMG_20160705_132029.thumb.jpg.fd33f0ed9a298db2d368c7be05b9d3ba.jpgIMG_20160705_132034.thumb.jpg.36cab7d8b95f3caac956917be9d96b3f.jpg

loading bay

IMG_20160705_133505.thumb.jpg.92347265153d944203bd779b628bb550.jpgIMG_20160705_133730.thumb.jpg.bc6d781419ad576f64fd816bd0d6fbfa.jpg

inside of the B turret

 

 

capitalism approved flakka flakka

  Reveal hidden contents

IMG_20160705_132650.thumb.jpg.fc339866fb5d3967aec7525e83975eae.jpgIMG_20160705_133555.thumb.jpg.46651b96b7548f476d33e3e97ede3d6e.jpgIMG_20160705_133538.thumb.jpg.20b4a2ee935272fc4f5780f216a48287.jpg

 

the heart and soul of a fletcher: torps

  Reveal hidden contents

IMG_20160705_134927.thumb.jpg.8610a269bde9fe3c3e05c2530da957da.jpgIMG_20160705_133349.thumb.jpg.fea499840123198c8f8282630270f214.jpg

 

plaques

  Reveal hidden contents

IMG_20160705_133949.thumb.jpg.7185dd0c531325a8735c7a82e6e3fcfc.jpgIMG_20160705_132809.thumb.jpg.26a7bcd2f94f1b4a96c05e2ae35ad1a2.jpg

IMG_20160705_132726.thumb.jpg.321dae3c27444e89788485e4c348ac85.jpgIMG_20160705_131849.jpg

 
 

and i ran out of space to load the pics... rip

 

anyways, enjoy the pictures and be sure to visit the cassin young if you ever pass by Boston, the visit is free

 

Great post...... Enjoyed the pics.....

Thanks for sharing !

:Smile_medal:

 

Ordrazz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MEGA]
Member
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
3 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

 

Great post...... Enjoyed the pics.....

Thanks for sharing !

:Smile_medal:

 

Ordrazz

and here i thought you hated destoryers:fish_haloween:

 

jokes aside, i was going to visit the Salem and Massachusetts too but my dad's friend whom i was visiting's cancer suddenly worsened so i had to cancel:cap_old:

Edited by drakon233

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MEGA]
Member
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
2 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Every time I see a drakon thread, I automatically think it will be about a DETONATION

 

 

dude, can you not post that picture here, wtf icy

Edited by drakon233

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
118 posts
1,833 battles
9 hours ago, drakon233 said:

and here i thought you hated destoryers:fish_haloween:

 

jokes aside, i was going to visit the Salem and Massachusetts too but my dad's friend whom i was visiting's cancer suddenly worsened so i had to cancel:cap_old:

Um, won't you be caught by a moderator if you use the 'C- word'?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles
6 minutes ago, Admiral_224 said:

Um, won't you be caught by a moderator if you use the 'C- word'?

because it is not used to insult someone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MEGA]
Member
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
45 minutes ago, Admiral_224 said:

Um, won't you be caught by a moderator if you use the 'C- word'?

unless there's another word to describe your immune system eating you inside out...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles
10 hours ago, Admiral_224 said:

Um, won't you be caught by a moderator if you use the 'C- word'?

 

10 hours ago, Harpoon01 said:

because it is not used to insult someone

 

10 hours ago, drakon233 said:

unless there's another word to describe your immune system eating you inside out...

 

You won't get hit for using the word correctly.  You will get hit for using the word (and the others you know are banned) to describe something to do with gaming.

~dead_man_walking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
118 posts
1,833 battles
14 hours ago, Harpoon01 said:

because it is not used to insult someone

 

4 hours ago, dead_man_walking said:

 

 

 

You won't get hit for using the word correctly.  You will get hit for using the word (and the others you know are banned) to describe something to do with gaming.

~dead_man_walking

Oh, thanks for clarifying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×