You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Somedude_Yudachi

Should I skip both Mogami and Ibuki?

23 comments in this topic

534 posts
18 minutes ago, ahwai82 said:

mogami is fun but skip ibuki

i fxp ibuki away to another universe, best decision ever lol

Seems you're experienced in Mogami?Any suggestions for mogami to deal with t10?( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

[LNA]
1,660 posts
10,447 battles
7 minutes ago, Somedude_Yudachi said:

Seems you're experienced in Mogami?Any suggestions for mogami to deal with t10?( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

hide 1km behind island and spam 203mm HE rain on the enemy

This ship has somewhat high arc

Super Tester
2,725 posts
23 minutes ago, Somedude_Yudachi said:

Install every concealment items & perk on Mogami.

Never be trigger happy. Hit & run tactics. 203mm gun is best fire starter for me.

Edited by Mingfang47

980 posts
12,617 battles
1 hour ago, Somedude_Yudachi said:

Use your concealment for sneaking. 

Use your quick rudder to stay angled. Do not engage multiple battleships at the same time. 

Engage enemy destroyers with your 15 accurate 155mm guns. With a good hit you can knock off half the DDs HP for amazing XP (especially tier 10s)

My Mogami is a great torpedo boat - when kiting, you can potentially send 16 hard-hitting torpedoes at enemies, from stealth. 

Mogami is pretty fun overall. 

Ibuki is apparently a steaming turd. I am about to unlock it - not exactly excited. 

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Mogami in current condition is just a ship that wish she is an Atago

even when kiting with her, 155mm turrets have worse arc than 203mm turrets, because of that you will further facing backward to fire all salvo at a time than when you use 203mm

she also lacks repair, also frequently meet tier 10

Edited by Harpoon01

Super Tester
7,543 posts
7,986 battles

Like @LordTyphoon said, use 155mm configuration. Shell volume and rate of fire is more important in this game than shell quality. Optionally if you plan to keep Mogami captain on her, consider taking IFHE. Even without IFHE you set a lot of fire from that many shells. DO NOT SHOW YOUR SIDE to anything. Not even DDs. Always assume a position where multiple battleships cannot focus on you at once. Stay and fight around your concealment range, so when needed, you can drop out of detection. Don't torp rush, you can't torp forward.

Beta Tester
648 posts
3,515 battles

155mm Gun on Mogami can make Destroyers OR BB's Suffer by frustration and anger. ( And Free Ticket To Port . )

Concealment is gud.

But don't show sexy sides or they will be " PENETRATED " .

354 posts
9,048 battles

As others have indicated, stealth is Mogami's best attribute. With the 155's and all concealment options you can get detection radius down to 9.3km. The 155s don't do much damage so fire is your friend - it's not unusual to land 12 or more shells from a 15 gun salvo every 10 secs and with DE capt skill you can start a lot of them. You won't like battles with lots of dds or a cv as it's harder to stay hidden. You'll try to stick to the flanks and work your way to the enemy's side or rear, find a big bb with its guns aimed elsewhere, land 40 or 50 hits to set him ablaze, then slink off and repeat when he uses his damage control. Eight torps each side are good for stealth attacks, but the launch arcs only extend from the stern to 90 degrees abeam - so you can only launch when running away unless fully concealed as it's very unwise to present your broadside. Even though it was buffed a bit in a recent patch, the turret rotation is still very slow and can't keep pace with the ship during hard turns - very annoying and just wrong for these guns.

In a long line of 203mm IJN cruisers, Mogami stands out as the one with a difference and, unless you really hate the stealth style, you should give it a go.

As for the Ibuki, I've got one but was so disappointed after the Mogami that I've never even taken it out in a random battle.

372 posts
10,097 battles
Just now, Moldavia said:

The 155s don't do much damage so fire is your friend - it's not unusual to land 12 or more shells from a 15 gun salvo every 10 secs and with DE capt skill you can start a lot of them.

You realise each 155 salvo can do over 10k?

354 posts
9,048 battles
14 minutes ago, WongSongMing said:

You realise each 155 salvo can do over 10k?

Not my experience - but I never said I was any good, although I did enjoy the ship overall.

AP or HE, what sort of target?

372 posts
10,097 battles
22 minutes ago, Moldavia said:

Not my experience - but I never said I was any good, although I did enjoy the ship overall.

AP or HE, what sort of target?

HE, usually on those all or nothing type BBs like new mex, you can regularly do 10k HE salvos on those if their not saturated.

354 posts
9,048 battles
10 minutes ago, WongSongMing said:

HE, usually on those all or nothing type BBs like new mex, you can regularly do 10k HE salvos on those if their not saturated.

Fair enough, I haven't played it for quite a while and its the t10s that tend to stick in my memory. I've always meant to go back to it and if the MM were ever to be changed so that t8s weren't pitted against t10s so often, it would be a real pleasure.

372 posts
10,097 battles
6 minutes ago, Moldavia said:

Fair enough, I haven't played it for quite a while and its the t10s that tend to stick in my memory. I've always meant to go back to it and if the MM were ever to be changed so that t8s weren't pitted against t10s so often, it would be a real pleasure.

Yeah it's pretty painful to have just 15.7km range on tears of the desert or Okinawa...

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,492 battles
4 hours ago, LordTyphoon said:

YOU FORGOT THE BLOODY OCEAN

I actually got the Ocean map last week for the 1st time in months. I thought it had actually been puled from rotation, I guess it just had its % chance to appear dropped. 

Best thing can be said about Ocean I guess is that it is the most balanced map ever....

534 posts
1 hour ago, icy_phoenix said:

It's painful to play Mogami against T10s in general. Except 1-2 smaller maps with lots of rocks.

I know that feeling brother,thats why I asked if its worth to skip Mogami to zao directly( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

[LNA]
1,660 posts
10,447 battles
23 minutes ago, Somedude_Yudachi said:

I know that feeling brother,thats why I asked if its worth to skip Mogami to zao directly( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No , the experience you get through hardship is more than worth it. Beside , Zao wont be hitting much at 17-18km away, and at that range , you are too far too react to sudden changes

381 posts
9,957 battles

I'd say give IFHE 155mm Mogami a try on PT first (although I hate its turret arc compared to 203mm). Ibuki can be skipped though because it is simply inferior to Zao and offers you no worthwhile experience.