You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Trooper25

Save USS Texas with Project VALOR

24 comments in this topic

156 posts
4,084 battles

I'm assuming you're aware that neither the flag nor the camo has been made available in the SEA premium shop. Yes it's a good cause but it seems to be a moot point if SEA players can't use what they purchase.

[R-A-N]
34 posts
11,335 battles

Yeah i know, but if there up for sale on NA, then surely they can go on sale here also, we could then purchase and use them and support a great cause..

156 posts
4,084 battles
44 minutes ago, Bengal_Tiger23 said:

I hope WG Asia do join in on this. I do have the Texas, but I will happily purchase a bundle for such a worthy cause.

Alex

B_T23

Knowing WG ASIA it may take at least a week or two, we didn't get Giulio Cesare until well after NA. While I don't doubt that it will happen, it may just take some extra time.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

well, just forget making it available to SEA server, as almost everyone in Asia dont care or dont know about what is happening to USS Texas

unless WG pay our trip to that place after we buy the bundle

bad idea

Edited by Harpoon01

Beta Tester
213 posts
4,131 battles

Not sure if wee will see it soon on SEA (or she will come to day).

But i glad to she she still being protected.

Meanwhile the title "The last of the Dreadnoughts" made me think about what if Warspite still there. Shame that the ship that serve through 2 world war end up in scrap yard in a foreign country.:Smile_facepalm:

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

IIRC USS Texas is the only WWI era super dreadnought afloat. And a few months ago it was reported that she was in real bad condition.

While asking the NA community for donation is a wise decision, I hope players from other region can be allowed to join. We don’t share US patriotism and many of us probably don’t like USN pre-standard BB design, but damn it that thing was real history, and no one wants to see history die away right?

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles
22 hours ago, K135Blitzkrieg said:

Not sure if wee will see it soon on SEA (or she will come to day).

But i glad to she she still being protected.

Meanwhile the title "The last of the Dreadnoughts" made me think about what if Warspite still there. Shame that the ship that serve through 2 world war end up in scrap yard in a foreign country.:Smile_facepalm:

and the big E too, the most decorated ship in any navy, only to be turned into scrap, while worthless BBs gets turned into museums, it's really a goddamn shame

1,488 posts
3 hours ago, drakon233 said:

and the big E too, the most decorated ship in any navy, only to be turned into scrap, while worthless BBs gets turned into museums, it's really a goddamn shame

What's so interesting about a carrier (unless its the HMS Eagle, or HMS Hermes) ???

Who wants to look at a mostly flat ship?? Sure its big.... & boring......

May as well visit empty paddocks, or an empty football field,  same flatness....

Scrap is about all the carriers are worth.....

Ordrazz

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles
6 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

What's so interesting about a carrier

HER SQUADRONS OF DEATH OFC

Put Naval Bomber and fighter on her and you get Naval Airforce Museum doubles as Aircraft Carrier Museum

DUH!

1,488 posts
1 minute ago, Harpoon01 said:

HER SQUADRONS OF DEATH OFC

Put Naval Bomber and fighter on her and you get Naval Airforce Museum doubles as Aircraft Carrier Museum

DUH!

Nope.....

Better off saving one of each type of plane, & sending the rest off to the scrap heap with the carrier.

The value of the scrap can go to saving worthwhile ships instead of rubbish.

Ordrazz

16 posts
2,928 battles

Ords....they're talking of CV-6, Big E, the Grey Ghost....USS Enterprise, the most decorated US warship of WW2 and the ship that signified the US resistance to Japan in the Pacific in the early part of that conflict. It was one of 4 combat carriers active before the war to survive the war. It was the one ship of the war from the US Navy that should have been saved but wasn't.

On topic - If they bring the packages to this server (I hope they will) I'll buy. I'll likely never go to the US (Nothing really interests me there) but I will contribute even this little bit to saving the Texas as a piece of history. Besides, never know, despite everything I might have the chance to see her one day in the future.

1,488 posts

Yep cede, I know.... Still doesn't change my views.. :Smile_Default:

I would happily support Texas if I can.... I'll never go overseas but if I do I'd go & visit Texas ..

I also wish they would release a tier 2 or 3 premium cruiser Olympia.... It would be good, especially if they put dome part of profit towards refit/upkeep of the real ship...

I would buy it, as I collect older ships

:Smile_child:

Ordrazz

460 posts
8,295 battles

Come on guys really, both types of ships are worth preserving. It's a shame Big E was scrapped, but other contemporary CVs did make it as museum ships. As I under stand it they tried to save her but couldn't raise the funds. It's too late to complain about it now.

USS Texas is the last remaining super-dreadnought in the world, there aren't any others at all unless you count wrecks like those remaining at Scapa Flow. Funnily there are more pre-dreadnought ships as museums. She is also the place of many firsts in the US Navy such as first to have AA guns and launch an aircraft. She's the most decorated US BB across the world wars.

If they don't bring the event here you can still support the museum directly on their website.

372 posts
10,097 battles
17 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

Nope.....

Better off saving one of each type of plane, & sending the rest off to the scrap heap with the carrier.

The value of the scrap can go to saving worthwhile ships instead of rubbish.

Ordrazz

If you don't see the point of preserving carriers then just shut up about them? There are also people who don't see the point of preserving battleships but you don't see them posting garbage in here.

1,488 posts
47 minutes ago, WongSongMing said:

If you don't see the point of preserving carriers then just shut up about them? There are also people who don't see the point of preserving battleships but you don't see them posting garbage in here.

Shut up you troll, I'm allowed to express my opinion like everyone else, but unlike you I don't go trolling people just to pick fights.

372 posts
10,097 battles
7 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

Shut up you troll, I'm allowed to express my opinion like everyone else, but unlike you I don't go trolling people just to pick fights.

:fish_palm:

156 posts
3,368 battles

I made a post about this in the Suggestions forum a few months ago. 

It's fantastic that something is finally happening and they've taken notice about the ships condition. She's in a really bad way..

But yes, hopefully the project will be available here in some way or another soon. Surely they are aware that other servers want to help preserve history too. 

You can also donate money to the ship direct through here;

http://battleshiptexas.org/

I've donated before, and hopefully you all can too.It's going to cost a lot of money to get her out of the water..