Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LordTyphoon

Discussion: Giulio Cesare

Giulio Cesare   

18 members have voted

  1. 1. The Julius Caesar is:

    • OP - needs a nerf, it is killing everything in its path
      0
    • Very strong - won't be surprised if adjustments are needed
      1
    • Strong - gud bote, but only if you know what you are doing
      13
    • Balanced - the average player does ok, fits in to Tier 5 well
      4
    • Weak - the average player struggles to do well
      0
    • Underpowered - if someone says it's UP I'm very surprised
      0

21 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
980 posts
12,782 battles

It's been 5 days since the Julius Caesar has been available for sale on the SEA server. Hows everybody going with it, whether you are fighting in it or fighting against it? 

 

I bought the biggest package with the 4k doubloons, commemorative flag, and the 20 +200% xp tokens. 

 

I've found the accuracy of the guns to be nothing that special, I get the citadels with AP when I aim well (hi Konigsberg), and no hits if I aim poorly, so no surprises there. The HE is strong indeed - with some experience in shell-switching, when enemies angle you can blaze them reliably. 

 

The ship is very fast and manoeuvrable for tier 5, but I have been citadelled a few times when not paying attention to my angles properly, so careful defensive play is key to preserving the relatively smaller health pool. 

 

Since detection range is quite good, the Cesare I felt uptiers pretty well - 'burn and hide' is very effective. 

 

Overall I've found the playstyle of the Cesare to be quite similar to the KGV. 

 

Looking forward to hearing from all of you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
434 posts
3,244 battles

I like the Julius Caesar.

However, I have not had battles where I've scored 100+k damage. Likely due to me still getting used to her and that my captain is only an 8 point captain at the moment, but I don't think she's the type of BB that can regularly do very high damage output games.
 

There is advice to focus on AA and secondaries for modules but.. I think focusing on her accuracy and keeping her main turrets in action is more important.

 

Tee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TLS]
Beta Tester
717 posts
3,650 battles

Strongest BOTE  Penne Pasta BB ever.

20171029204431_1_by_lippenstiftenmouthze

 

20171029204726_1_by_lippenstiftenmouthze

20171029204730_1_by_lippenstiftenmouthze

 

7 minutes ago, admiral_tee said:

I like the Julius Caesar.

However, I have not had battles where I've scored 100+k damage. Likely due to me still getting used to her and that my captain is only an 8 point captain at the moment, but I don't think she's the type of BB that can regularly do very high damage output games.
 

There is advice to focus on AA and secondaries for modules but.. I think focusing on her accuracy and keeping her main turrets in action is more important.

 

Tee

 

Mine's +6 Commander but i score this much as shown above. Its the strongest Conte Di Cavour Bote for such a 320mm Gun.

 

 

 

But most people thinks that This Bote has the weakest firepower to Kongo and New York which is a blasphemy lie. SO do not underestimate on what you are using, because Giulio Cesare ( Julius Caesar ) may be little bit undergunned but it performs like the middle because, Cruisers gone be free ticket to port.

 

Edited by LawrenceXVIII

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,110 posts
7,850 battles

She is very strong when top tier

 

but being T5. getting uptierred and facing T7 ships is much more common

lack of range hurt quite a bit on this part. but she still end up strong due to other traits

and WG prob balanced her around T7 matchmaking

 

like scharnhorst, shes a big bad bully when top tiered. but feel lacking (but do-able) when bottom tier

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TLS]
Beta Tester
717 posts
3,650 battles
1 hour ago, humusz said:

She is very strong when top tier

 

but being T5. getting uptierred and facing T7 ships is much more common

lack of range hurt quite a bit on this part. but she still end up strong due to other traits

and WG prob balanced her around T7 matchmaking

 

like scharnhorst, shes a big bad bully when top tiered. but feel lacking (but do-able) when bottom tier

 

 

Actually i did citadel Nagato. I tell you. T7 Ships is nothing to me when Giulio. I rather hug behind T7 Ship for support. Plus you got the Pepsi Cola  A:3 B:2 X:2 Y:3  Gun Configuration. Shouldn't be problem trying to make enemies angry by using HE.

But if you sees a Cruiser that T7, prepare them a OMERTA Penne. They gonna feel heavier Critical Hits. Like one time i cause nearly 20K Crits on a Pepsi Cola in between 12 KM range.

Scharnhorst is nothing really. If all fails to fight him, just commit sudoku against him. You're practically going to have heavy damage on him than having him taking yours more.

 

 

37 minutes ago, LtDan_IceCream said:

Good all round T5 BB.

Plays especially well in Co-Op.

 

Actually this is the best Rounded Tier 5 BB ever but only to lose to Planes due to lack of Breda's Extra Anti Aircraft.

Plus alot of people get to feel like they are playing Kongo Play-style hence why its similar for the same high speed battleship.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,328 posts
2 minutes ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

 

Actually this is the best Rounded Tier 5 BB ever but only to lose to Planes due to lack of Breda's Extra Anti Aircraft.

Plus alot of people get to feel like they are playing Kongo Play-style hence why its similar for the same high speed battleship.

 

Actually, with a 19pt Captain and full AA build, she can handle low tier CV air attacks quite well.

Just don't expect to survive attacks from Tier VII CV's or Saipans.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TLS]
Beta Tester
717 posts
3,650 battles
1 minute ago, LtDan_IceCream said:

Actually, with a 19pt Captain and full AA build, she can handle low tier CV air attacks quite well.

Just don't expect to survive attacks from Tier VII CV's or Saipans.......

 

I wished i had that Level 19 Commander.

Kaga too don't forget. have you heard of 12 Torpedo Bombers capable of overkill damage? 102 820 K to be exact.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,328 posts
1 minute ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

 

I wished i had that Level 19 Commander.

Kaga too don't forget. have you heard of 12 Torpedo Bombers capable of overkill damage? 102 820 K to be exact.

 

Too true.

But Kaga doesn't have Tier IX aircraft.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TLS]
Beta Tester
717 posts
3,650 battles
5 minutes ago, LtDan_IceCream said:

Too true.

But Kaga doesn't have Tier IX aircraft.....

 

( 12 Torp Bombers  2 Squadrons )

But its true that Kaga can kill anything .  8,567 x 12 = 102,804

Insanely fast Torpedo speed of 53 KNOTS ( When Torp Acceleration )

 

Nakajima B5N2 8,567 129 1,210  
Edited by LawrenceXVIII

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
248
[1NATN]
[1NATN]
Member
447 posts
15,486 battles

I'm having an Italian love affair. Average damage is around 80K and win rate above 60%. Had an early morning go around this morning, 4 vs 4 which turned into 4 vs 2, then 3 vs 1 and still carried the day. It can get punished hard side on and it's AA is fairly poor but the ship is fun as hell when played right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
451 posts

I find the play style to be similar to Kongo and other Japanese Battleships.  Easy to adjust, it's just the guns are under powered a bit (12.5 inches!) and weak belt armor.  Broadsides are heavily punished, angling like you should, rewarded mostly.  I like it. Good play = good rewards, bad play = ticket to port.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TLS]
Beta Tester
717 posts
3,650 battles
13 hours ago, Shankeyyy said:

She has weak guns and armor belt but she is fast and agile, balanced.

 

Weik Penne Gunz u sey?

20171102001337_1_by_lippenstiftenmouthze

 

Have you heard how you can make New Mexico and Fuso cant hit you on front angle?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
434 posts
3,244 battles
1 hour ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

 

Weik Penne Gunz u sey?

20171102001337_1_by_lippenstiftenmouthze

 

Yes. 71 hits, only 1 citadel for 112765 damage.

Her guns are weak for her Tier but they, and her shells, do possess some tweaks that make it interesting.

 

Tee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TLS]
Beta Tester
717 posts
3,650 battles
2 hours ago, admiral_tee said:

Yes. 71 hits, only 1 citadel for 112765 damage.

Her guns are weak for her Tier but they, and her shells, do possess some tweaks that make it interesting.

 

Tee

 

320mm Italian Naval Gun IRL is really deadly at this era back there. So expect the same thing there for a T5 BB. You know they should make us the 305mm version of Conte Di Cavour HULL CHANGE ( Before Modernization )

That way the damage is lesser more but ROF is midly increase.

rn-conte-di-cavour-1915-battleship.png

If WG dare to increase damage again, i could go above 200K ( and a free instant 9a34fa0c-3aea-11e5-8929-000c29ca62ad.png

But this stays there. Because this could make Kongo and New York so downright under-powered. Just don't do anything with Giulio.

Edited by LawrenceXVIII

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
434 posts
3,244 battles
1 hour ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

 

320mm Italian Naval Gun IRL is really deadly at this era back there. So expect the same thing there for a T5 BB. You know they should make us the 305mm version of Conte Di Cavour HULL CHANGE ( Before Modernization )

That way the damage is lesser more but ROF is midly increase.

rn-conte-di-cavour-1915-battleship.png

If WG dare to increase damage again, i could go above 200K ( and a free instant 9a34fa0c-3aea-11e5-8929-000c29ca62ad.png

But this stays there. Because this could make Kongo and New York so downright under-powered. Just don't do anything with Giulio.

They use either the Conte De Cavour or the Andrea Doria class here and will include both pre and refit versions.

I know what her guns are like in real life.

I am saying that in the game, her shells rightly so do not have the instant damage of the larger shells from her peers but other values help to offset this weakness.

I am not saying that she is weak. I am saying that her strengths aren't in outright instant shell damage - shell speed, HE fire chance, some twerking of the shell values plus her good agility, great concealment, unique armour scheme (for angling) are her strengths.

 

Tee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TLS]
Beta Tester
717 posts
3,650 battles
1 hour ago, admiral_tee said:

They use either the Conte De Cavour or the Andrea Doria class here and will include both pre and refit versions.

 

 

Tee

 

I rather wait for that one, because Conte Di Cavour is just like Kaga 1921 - 1935 and Akagi  1920 - 1938.  Conte Di Cavour be like 1911 - 1933/37

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×