You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Puteralanun

Unintentional kill stealing

14 comments in this topic

1,140 posts

number of ship sunk is no more than a decorated show off.

damage dealt, spotting, capping, tanking etc, these way more impact to match and end-game score

0 kill earn higher rank than 3 kill one is very normal.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

I always hesitate when a dying target 14km away from me have not been destroyed by an allied cruiser who is 9km from the enemy. But had to do it, I don't want to see facepalm moments.

1,391 posts
9,097 battles

I am generally ok with kill stealing.

In fact, I encourage others to take my kills by spamming F3 when my target reaches low health.

The faster he is killed the less damage he can do to me.

But I am NOT ok with people purposely holding their fire just to get the killing shot.

I remember one instance where I was in a Mogami with an Edinburgh ally when we encountered an enemy Neptune.

We both started shooting the Neptune, the Neptune choose to ignore the Edinburgh and focus on me since I was nearer. But when the Neptune got around 40-50% health, the Edinburgh inexplicably stopped firing. I F3 spammed to make my intentions clear but he still didn't fire. There was no other targets or anything else in our flank - it was just the 3 of us.

Me and the Neptune continued to duke it out until he was very low health, and then you guessed it, the Edinburgh started shooting again and took the kill. 

I was angry not that he took the kill, but because I had taken so much unnecessary damage simply because the Edinburgh chose not to shoot.

250 posts
13,370 battles

just kill whosoever in your gun range, the goal is to win not farming kills and damage. 
reducing enemy gun aiming at your team is way to go.
if someone going to KS me so be it, as long as it help team win.
only kill that matter to me is first kill and fifth kill. I personally not mind if I never have any kraken if that mean team will win.

27 posts
1,103 battles
On 10/30/2017 at 2:33 PM, keskparane said:

Who cares? Dead enemy = objective met.

I would much rather have someone steal a kill from me than allow the enemy another salvo at my ship. 

Exactly - it's a team game, and any opposition guns removed from it is a good thing for the team