You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMASBrisbane

CV Torp Bomber Issue

9 comments in this topic

3 posts
1,284 battles

Hi there.

I'm a noob been playing for a couple of months or less so pardon my ignorance.

Regularly with a carrier i find the torpedo bombers will not attack. Instead of marking a target it has a plus symbol, if i click again i get multiple plus symbols.

What am I doing wrong, this happens at least 70% of the time. It does not affect dive bombers or fighters.

Screenshot attached.

Cheers

aaaaaaa.png

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Check your squadron selection, you're using fighters. They cannot attack ships. The plus/cross symbol is a "move" waypoint.

You probably switched to the 201 loadout on Bogue without realizing that it has no torpedo bombers.

Beta Tester
595 posts
6,652 battles

It concerns me that the CV UI is so bad that this is something that a new player can get confused about.  Clearly they need to make it more intuitive for new players, or provide much better training.

Nothing against the OP here, the game should lead you by the hand very clearly when you are learning.

3 posts
1,284 battles

Thank you!!.

Raised a support ticket about 5 days ago, I didn't know what was going on in the game.

I understand now. Cheers for not biting my head off, still learning the mechanics, other communities are not so forgiving. Switching to 0/1/2 configuration. But i don't like that, 1/1/1 would be preferable. To the grind for indepedence. 

Thank you again :)

2,174 posts
13,422 battles

Just because something has an upgrade doesn't mean you have to use it. 

With CV's the loadout choice is up to the player, a bit like some of the gun/torpedo options on some boats. However IMO you should never use a strike loadout because it's a gamble. Sure it will pay off against a bad CV player, but against any decent CV player you will get slaughtered.

For some examples of when not to upgrade. USN DD's C hull that give better AA but lose a main turret. Or my personal secret (damn I've spilt the beans) the Ognevoi. The Oggy with A hull is an awesome little torp spitting bote.

3 posts
1,284 battles

I understand, i never let my bomber planes near there fighters and hovered over the best aa ship on our team when approached :)

I tried to get the attention of the other cv with fighters, but no dice for teamwork. It's a gamble for sure.

980 posts
12,614 battles

Not your fault - cvs are just notoriously hard to play in this game. 

The only tutorials out there are fan-made. 

Watch videos by Farazelleth - he's a great teacher + very skilled at CV play.