You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Shankeyyy

Blyska or Sims?

10 comments in this topic

148 posts
555 battles

Which one is better overall? On the basis of characteristics like Gunpower, ROF, XP farming:Smile_child: and Concealment.

Edited by Shankeyyy

[LNA]
1,617 posts
10,244 battles

My bet would be on the Sims , it is a very strong cap contester , can easily oust all other dd if they dont kite it and has US made smoke or AA for the lolz.

Blyska while very good , played like most Ru DD and cant really be the point man. Its gun is clunky in turning and it has limited torpedo angle. It would be a balanced approach between a destroyer leader and a normal destroyer. I prefer the Leningrad over Blyska for the same role

Beta Tester
596 posts
6,666 battles

Blyska used to be excellent, it's still my most played ship, but it got absolutely ruined with the stealth fire nerf, and is currently just a shadow of it's former self.  If you want the sort of play style it delivers, just get a Leningrad, it is significantly better at doing what the Blyska is supposed to do.

The Sims is still very good, it's one of my favourite ships in the game, it's a great cap bully.  It has excellent dpm, def AA (very useful at T7 on this server), and is small, fast, and extremely maneuverable.  It is absolutely superb at actively avoiding incoming fire (emphasis on the active part - you need to actually watch the incoming shells and dodge them to get the proper effect).  People complain about the torps but I find them extremely useful, they have excellent concealment and a short reload, and because they are so slow they take forever to go through a channel which makes them ideal for area denial.  People avoid them as much as they would any other torp despite them doing hilariously low damage. Don't aim at actual targets unless they are right on top of you - fire your torps on c/d into likely channels for the enemy.

You won't do much damage in the Sims - you will however take many caps, get a lot of xp (it has a notoriously high xp modifier, I've had a few games over 4k base), and generally win a lot of games if you are any good at DD's.  A brilliantly fun ship.  Please bear in mind your mileage may vary - some people really hate the Sims.

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,926 battles

Sims.

Blyskawica can be good counterpart, however in T7 there are a lots of CV players. Saipan, Kaga, etc.....

Blyskawica is very sluggish for dodging their torps and very little AA to counter CV. However Sims is the easiest ship to dodge torpedo and also has the great AA for T7 DD 

(Never confuse with great AA like Atlanta)

Super Tester
7,375 posts
7,889 battles

Sims in terms of xp / credit farming. And sims xp gain is not a hoax, that's her specialty. You have best smoke, best maneuverability, DFAA, usn guns!! 

Blyska is not within miles of a sims. Also, the invisifire removal affected blyska heavily. Besides, there are no polish line. Which one is better head to head? I might say Blyska at medium / long range, but at close range sims will tear blyska apart. Also, blyska is sort of cv food against good cvs (or 301 saipans). she is very hard to maneuver. She has the straight line speed, that's all.

Edited by icy_phoenix