You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
keskparane

How to improve the karma system.

54 comments in this topic

2,176 posts
13,489 battles

Remove it!

IMO karma is one of WG's biggest mistakes. Giving people an extra channel to spread negativity & ignorance is not a wise idea.

I am all for it when used productively/correctly. I especially like to reward people for good team play to encourage them to do it again. Be warned however that if you circumnavigate a cap zone and I see it you will be punished!

But sadly it appears it is often used in retaliation for fair play. Is it worth having a such a pointless system when it provides an extra avenue of negativity into the game?

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,778 posts
4,026 battles
38 minutes ago, keskparane said:

Remove it!

IMO karma is one of WG's biggest mistakes.

I agree 100% but not because its negative or positive.   Its pointless.

I am all for it when used productively/correctly. I especially like to reward people for good team play to encourage them to do it again. Be warned however that if you circumnavigate a cap zone and I see it you will be punished!

How is a player rewarded or punished.   Its an innocuous system

But sadly it appears it is often used in retaliation for fair play. Is it worth having a such a pointless system when it provides an extra avenue of negativity into the game?

Again, its innocuous.  it sits in the background doing absolutely nothing and is only of interest when a thread is made about it.

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,297 battles

Agreed it is absolutely pointless.

Of late I'm reminded how anti social I must be due to having a good game and seeing my Karma fall lower. I've decided instead to make it truly pointless and see to it that my Karma hits zero.

2,176 posts
13,489 battles
33 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

How is a player rewarded or punished.   Its an innocuous system

I like to think that when a DD provides me smoke cover, and I give an F12 Thank you, and at the end of the game he gets a message saying that he was complimented, that it registers in their brain that it was the right thing to do. Maybe just wishful think on my part.

165 posts
2,016 battles

how to make karma system work

step 1 : publish the game on steam

step 2 : sell it to valve

step 3 : .........

step 4 : we get better world of warships

405 posts
9,046 battles
4 hours ago, Epicurus_ said:

Agreed it is absolutely pointless.

Of late I'm reminded how anti social I must be due to having a good game and seeing my Karma fall lower. I've decided instead to make it truly pointless and see to it that my Karma hits zero.

Same here... 

Do good = -karma :cap_fainting:

Do bad = -karma :cap_book:

I just wanna view my achievements, collections & summary without seeing the service record.

1,091 posts
7,760 battles

I gave negative karma for mostly AFK. and some obviusly bad play done by someone like "CV chaser" DD

positif karma  I often give to good team play, or non division player that carry the game (if they on division, Its expected to carry the game - since on solo its harder more praiseworthy action)

on rare occasion I do give positive karma to enemy, 

it mostly useless things. its like a small pat in the back "great job bruh" or "dang, you scrub dude" moment for me

But If someone realy got Worked up because of it either become motivation or even source of salt

it serve the purporse IMO

Edited by humusz

Super Tester
813 posts
3,912 battles

No. The karma system is great actually. It gives raging players a way to express their anger without shouting in chat or teamkilling etc. It also provides a way to give someone your gratitude. You don't have to care about your karma but it serves a good purpose.

It gives people a feeling like they are doing something like punishing or rewarding but in reality it does nothing. The feeling will make that person feel better.

Edited by karrablaster123

Super Tester
1,256 posts
42 minutes ago, karrablaster123 said:

No. The karma system is great actually. It gives raging players a way to express their anger without shouting in chat or teamkilling etc. It also provides a way to give someone your gratitude. You don't have to care about your karma but it serves a good purpose.

It gives people a feeling like they are doing something like punishing or rewarding but in reality it does nothing. The feeling will make that person feel better.

Exactly.

Think of it as a rage outlet.....

Beta Tester
596 posts
6,666 battles

Karma is an important part of the game - but not for the person receiving the up or down vote, but for the person giving it out.  It's main purpose is to give people a way to relieve their frustration at other players they think are doing stupid things. A player gets very salty at another player, they click the 'plays poorly' button, they feel a little bit better after having done so.  It's cathartic.  This is a good thing to have in the game.

Super Tester
7,375 posts
7,889 battles

Be a super tester, get negative points just for queuing up with your ship.

Don't remove it though, after 2 years of hardship, I managed to break 100. Now gunning for 200!! Key: Keep your mouth shut (or in this case, stay away from chat window), smoke dumb battleship players for nothing (even when there are no threats), meet known people in the team or enemy and ask them for +1s (shameless ofc).

Edited by icy_phoenix

980 posts
12,617 battles

Nah, karma system is fine.

I have been reported for the following:

- playing well in a CV.

- asking my team for help.

- requesting support to cap. 

- not contesting a cap by myself that is held by an enemy z-52, Minotaur and Des Moines at the same time. 

- as the only DD on a team, for not being able to smoke up and spot for both flanks at the same time

- for not charging enemy radar ships

- for not tanking enough damage for the battleships in my team before dying

- because I failed to preserve the health of my friendly battleships by drawing fire

- (in an Udaloi) for not spotting the enemy kiting Yugumo

I believe all of the above are reasonable causes for reports and I believe all the reports I have received are a reasonable reflection of the abilities of my ship and my abilities as a player. Therefore the karma system is perfect and I see no need for any change at all. 

:Smile_hiding: #sarcasm

Edited by LordTyphoon

Super Tester
7,375 posts
7,889 battles

Please, these are all small issues and do not affect the game at all. Right now we are a handful at pumping out 3-4 premium ships every month. Who needs minor game mechanics fixed when you can just buy a new ship in the shop?

<Really wanted to insert Angry Joe's Corporate Commander meme here>

#sarcasm.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Beta Tester
578 posts
3,354 battles

Karma System shouldn't be here in the first place. Its stupid and useless ingame mechanics.

They reported me because my KAGA is bad against Saipan which i cant win against a CV with 3 0 1 mod.

They reported me because they got mad of me not sending my FT to designated zone when there's a AA build Atlanta/Flint begone my FT , now thats cute..

They REPORTED ME because i killed enemies and that enemy reported me for being the most OP CV ever i mean like whut?

They ( Opposing Team ) even reported me for being a seal clubbing DD like example Z-1 Leberecht Maass. I club 4 enemies one one premium Gallant guy cuss me and report me for being too good for them when i wasn't talking much.

Karma system in-game must BEGONE THOT!

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,778 posts
4,026 battles
10 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Hmmmmm

If it doesn't do anything what's the problem if it stays...

I suppose if it stays it does generate at least one salty thread a month.   Very worthwhile keeping it