Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tagnbag

team damage confusion

8 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
89 posts
6,117 battles

So im in a battle pushing a cap when a guy behind me a few km shoots me and then types "dont camp" in chat ...  nothing happens to him and without a replay (just screenshots that prove damage and intent) my ticket is useless. 

Today I clip the back of friendly and instantly TK status even tho theres no kill and I havent had even a secondary shell hit a friendly in many months ... hows this balanced?

Its also worthy to point out that the karma points are a terrible system, people take points when you kill them, Ive lost karma in games where ive been at or near the top with no chatting/team damage nothing .. so no matter how carefully you play you can lose karma .. 

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

karma is purely gained from other player, NOT YOUR ACTION

so either other player dont care, or enemy hate you (pleasure is mine hahahaa), or your action is not praiseworthy

Edited by Harpoon01

[SEARN]
515 posts
8,011 battles
1 hour ago, Tagnbag said:

So im in a battle pushing a cap when a guy behind me a few km shoots me and then types "dont camp" in chat ...  nothing happens to him and without a replay (just screenshots that prove damage and intent) my ticket is useless. 

Today I clip the back of friendly and instantly TK status even tho theres no kill and I havent had even a secondary shell hit a friendly in many months ... hows this balanced?

Its also worthy to point out that the karma points are a terrible system, people take points when you kill them, Ive lost karma in games where ive been at or near the top with no chatting/team damage nothing .. so no matter how carefully you play you can lose karma .. 

Pretty much sums up my experience. No rhyme, reason or logic behind the TK system. Get persistently, intentionally and deliberately shot, no worries, all good no action taken.

Get clipped by a BB at a lofty speed of 3 knots when I have done no team damage at all and I'm pink before I can even say WTF WG!

Surely in 2017 WG Stronk™ computers can tell the difference between a left mouse click when guns are aimed at friendlies and a minor low speed "fender bender". Dunno maybe I'm asking too much.

Edited by HobartAWD

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,908 posts
4,190 battles

TK status comes from accumulated damage and not one incident.

So far as karma is concerned it is the most useless and most misunderstood feature of this game.    If you're not zero your not trying hard enough.

1,078 posts
3,884 battles

If you were in a Random match was there a pink message warning him about firing at you?

Also TK damage from secondaries was disabled last year sometime,so you don't need to worry about them.

With the Karma you could also have been reported by a disgruntled player from the enemy team as well.

1 hour ago, Torchwood5 said:

If the karma system worries you too much then come and play Co-op. We're throwing that stuff around like a food-fight at a bake sale.

I was throwing negative Karma at the bots when they did their usual stupid play before they disabled it.I figured if WG won't apply the Operations AI to normal PvE,then I would clog their report system!

1 hour ago, HobartAWD said:

Surely in 2017 WG Stronk™ computers can tell the difference between a left mouse click when guns are aimed at friendlies and a minor low speed "fender bender". Dunno maybe I'm asking too much.

There have been complaints about the fender benders since about OBT,WG does seem to have put it in the too hard basket though!

Super Tester
7,729 posts
8,031 battles

Since I literally stopped typing in chat for most part (since it's pointless in this server anyway), karma system is the only way to express frustration. So if I lose, I will just report the bottom three. ::cap_haloween:

And specially if someone is AFK from either team, or someone did a team damage which I noticed. It's usually "I'm innocent and it's the system's fault", but whatever man, whoever did the damage is report worthy.

Sign in to follow this