You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MatterCore

Finally 5 stars for part 2

20 comments in this topic

381 posts
9,973 battles

Took me 4 tries. First try is solo, 2nd is 6 people div and the last two are full 7 people div.

Part 2 was way harder than part 1 imo, mainly because people usually retreat too far and cannot kill the Gorgon at the back line before timer runs out. A good CV that can use his consumables at the right time would be a huge help.

1,385 posts
9,060 battles

Woot! Managed to 5-star it after 6 tries.

As someone who loves brawling in BBs, this scenario was awesome. I built the BB for secondaries and went right in the midst of the enemy with guns blazing at all sides. It was total chaos! :cap_rambo:
Over 1.3k secondary hits, with fires and secondaries counting for about half my total damage. Madness! :cap_haloween:

Spoiler

shot-17_10.27_03_34.08-0386.thumb.jpg.810c1b220b8b3f6f97484f9d2fd40dc1.jpg

shot-17_10.27_03.34_10-0689.thumb.jpg.864a654390f8218e1a3486000108c030.jpg

shot-17_10.27_03_34.19-0436.thumb.jpg.cd5f10cd7e60698c47238640966d6e51.jpg

shot-17_10.27_03_46.21-0552.thumb.jpg.f82d945d9826ba41971a0aca37b08037.jpg

I have to admit I got lucky and got a team who knew what they were doing.

Also kudos to that guy/girl who rammed the Gorgon to death just as the gate was shut and the filth was treating. The team couldn't have gotten the 5-star without you. :Smile_medal:

Edited by Thyaliad

Beta Tester
60 posts

Congratulations

After finished the scenario with 5 stars, I can say it is not as good as last year.

Dont want to play again. 

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,908 posts
4,190 battles

There is no rhyme or reason how you get 5 stars.   I got it in 3 games.   When I came back at night to try one last game I didn't even get one star and in one game I racked up over 500k damage.  If you have even one stupid player on your team then you will not win.   The best I've got on NA is 3 stars.  They play like numpties on that server.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

i really need that Gorgon to get out from the green fog to get star, i got 5 star from my 2nd  run

- Gorgon is almost  unsinkable unless out of the filth

- Rasputin can spam either north east, north west, or south west of the first tower after it got destroyed

- dont go kill the ships that spam around first tower, avoid their fire if possible, 1st tower is destined to be destroyed

- enemy ship move faster when in filth area, note worthy if you want to attack with Torpedoes

Edited by Harpoon01

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,908 posts
4,190 battles

if you can coordinate your cruisers to use the heal/rapid fire ability as well as torps then the Rasputin and Gorgin can be knocked out quickly.

Having said that, try to get a team to work in a coordinated way in this mode and you're a legend.

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,721 battles

Anyone got any advice for captain builds? I am thinking focus on DPM rather than range buffs, superintendent?

And ditto for the ships - secopndary buidl worth it?

Cheers

[LBAS]
4,572 posts
25,972 battles
4 hours ago, Shan2406 said:

Congratulations

After finished the scenario with 5 stars, I can say it is not as good as last year.

Dont want to play again. 

I can grind Elite EXP for free

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Easy 5 Star Guide:

• Don't bring more than 1 DD if you make a div. Actually, don't bring a DD at all if possible. Bring 3 BBs if you can, working together they can easily keep everyone alive, the rest should be 3 cruisers and 1 CV. The BBs should also equip Ramming (Hotel Yankee) signal flags.
  • BBs should charge the gate early on and get behind Trans at start of battle. Yes, this means staying in the fog early-mid battle. Don't be afraid to get damaged, you will need to deal a lot of damage to enemies early battle to increase your heal radius.
  • As many people should stick close to the BBs (make sure to avoid blocking the Trans) to get the most benefit out of BB heal - the more ships in its heal radius, the higher the regen rate.
  • If possible, keep the T3 ships alive to get more out of the BB heal bonus (see above).
  • BBs and CVs should always check on ally's health and give heals when needed.
  • During the lull before enemy ships spawn to attack 1st tower, everyone but BBs should rush to 2nd tower. Don't worry about 1st tower, better to just let it fall early and take enemies out around it while your ships get into better defensive position around 2nd tower.
  • 1 or 2 BBs should hang near the 1st tower to get ready to ram Rasp while using the invincibility field. If Rasp spawns outside the Filth it will be easier to kill, simply have the CV torp and bomb it and have it DoT to death.
  • After killing Rasp, concentrate all forces near 2nd tower and defend it to the death. CV should use Eclipse regularly to stall enemy advance on 2nd tower and allow allies to get into better position. Focus enemies that are close to the 2nd Tower.
  • At around 1:30 timer before the gate closes, have a cruiser use radar to find Gorgon and get the team to put effort into damaging it. If a BB is close enough, ram it using the Invincibility field. If not, just make sure Gorgon loses around 2/3 HP before the timer runs out. Once the Filth retreats, it will start to lose HP rapidly and die.
  • ????
  • Profit!!!!! Win

[LBAS]
4,572 posts
25,972 battles

I did 2nd 5 stars on my 2nd with a crazy idea

Save Transylvania company >> 3 of them gave good support << need 2 BBs << defend 2nd tower very impressive << 90% HP at the end << those bots come from the Rip field shall shoot 3 of them and ignore the tower << once again meet another CV dont know how to do:fish_panic:

1,110 posts
7,850 battles

its very surprising on begining.

I think after patch, I login and check the operation

"Holy...... cow. 42 CV queue"

I mean, is that show how big Interest of player to (maybe because its free  high tier) CV ?

but almost all of them suck. never use eclipse or heal teammates (did they save it when they themself are damaged or sumthing lol)

on other hand dat hollowen steampunk camo were great. 

Edited by humusz

[BRU]
309 posts
11,183 battles

Lucky you, never reached 5 stars because of CV that never used its abilities. Killing the Great Gorgon is difficult that I have to kill it in a DD.

1,385 posts
9,060 battles

Imo the BBs and CVs are critical in this mission.

The CV abilities are extremely powerful. It is a shame that most players suck and don't even use their consumables. Or they retreat too far which greatly reduces their strike turn-around times.

BBs are very important to ram the bosses and basically just draw a lot of fire and cause mayhem at the front. But as usual they will be those BBs who will constantly run from the filth and try to kite from max range. In other words, being a gimped cruiser.

CLs just pump out the damage and use radar to see into the filth. Pretty straightforward.

Anyone got good tips on how to use the DDs? I don't find much success with it and judging from teams' scoreboards, neither do most other players.

I know they have their uses in taking down the bosses, but that can be easily done with a ramming BB. Their skillset indicates they should be scouting torping enemies in the filth, but the fact that in the filth means that enemies can warp in right beside you means it is very dangerous to do so. Plus the jammimg skill only disables main guns, which means you are still vulnerable to the secondaries from the BBs and the Gorgon.

So far I find the best use for them is to just camp somewhere near the gate and wait for Gorgon to spawn, the solo-killing it with torps and flooding using the torp reload booster. Even if you dont kill it fast, the Gorgon usually fixates its bombers on you, which you can dodge easily, giving your team an easier time as they don't have bombers to worry about.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

my 2nd try with 5 stars success

- DD could get behind enemy or stay within BB healing area to attack enemy BB, while behind enemy you can use your torpedoes to hunt for enemy CV, better does this with 2 player DDs, 700k dmg apparently is not enough to take it down when in filth. DD heal consumable only work within filth

- Rasputin can be destroyed easily with Ramming with a BB while damage immunity is on and Ramming flag is equipped

- Cruiser should never get close to enemy, as they wont last very long, even with Healing on, especially against Rasputin, your main role to set enemy in fire, try to set 4 fire to enemy BB before you switch target. they have an ability to increase Reload speed dramatically (*ahem* Atlanta) and will restore health based on the damage you deal to enemy ship, including fire damage

- Cruiser also has radar, use this to find rasputin and Gorgon CV location

- Enemy CV is near indestructible while in Filth, near end game, the CV has a chance to move forward and get out of filth at the end of the game, at this time you must destroy it at all cost

- 1st tower is destined to be destroyed, engaging enemy spawning around that tower is not necessary a they will be destroyed when the tower explode

- BB Heal consumable will make them nearly invincible when there are 2 or more ally ships around the circle, the Bot AI, including Transylvania, also count as ally ship. exception when facing enemy torp and ramming, which better to use the shield consumable

- DETONATION on enemy can freeze all the enemy in place

preferable MM set up 

- 1 CV

- 2 or 3 BB

- 1 or 2 DD

- 1 or 2 Cruiser

Edited by Harpoon01