You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
scharnhorst_VII

kaiju vs Battleships

18 comments in this topic

35 posts
6,977 battles

I think most of you are fans of pacific rim(since both are about giant fighting machines)

regarding pacific rim we all know that they got it wrong...it's obvious that they should have used giant battleships instead of robots.

so I wanted to know which battleship would you take to fight a kaiju and if you had to make your own kaiju fighting ship what would it look like.

35 posts
6,977 battles

The situation  will be similar  to pacific rim,kaiju invade earth around  2015.but it can  even  be earlier.so space  battleship  yamato is out,besides it would  wipe out the kaiju with  no trouble at all.

Why did  you  pick  conqueror?

I would  pick  yamato  for the caliber or iowa for the targeting computer.

And thank you  for the  reply 

Edited by scharnhorst_VII

671 posts
1,508 battles

Battleships? Can I use battlecruisers. If so I would go for the Kirov-class. If not a Battleship won't do anything to a Category 1 Kaiju. It took nukes to get Trespasser down. The only logical solution is to spam missiles so a destroyer with a lot of missiles will do well.

35 posts
6,977 battles

Yeah you  can use battle  crusers.but  im not  sure  what  has more  penitration  capacity.AP shells from  a 18 incher or anti ship missiles.sure  the missile  has more  explosives on it..but they are designed for low armor  targets right. Im not  sure  correct  me  if  I'm wrong.

Would some thing like  a super sized anti tank round work  better  against  armor. 

1,859 posts
5,797 battles
5 hours ago, scharnhorst_VII said:

The situation  will be similar  to pacific rim,kaiju invade earth around  2015.but it can  even  be earlier.so space  battleship  yamato is out,besides it would  wipe out the kaiju with  no trouble at all.

Why did  you  pick  conqueror?

I would  pick  yamato  for the caliber or iowa for the targeting computer.

And thank you  for the  reply 

If you take a look at the Conquerer in the game you will see why I chose it
12 guns with insane HE damage and fire chance, BBQ kaiju up for grabs
OP heal to be like lol damage to attack by kaijus

and just look at the name CONQUERER, what is it suggesting :cap_rambo:

It can also give the kaijus a particular disease, which I am not allowed to talk about here lul

Or for the memes (saw a documentary about this lately) use the HMS Campbeltown and ram it filled with explosives :kappa:

and since we are allowed modern things: USS Zumwalt. That thing is a beast and will tear the Kaijus a new one.

I would love to deploy 500 A-10s to BRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT the living crap out of Kaijus with depleted uranium armour piercing shells

edit: also you can deploy the Soviet Navy to show them the power of communism xaxaxa )))

Edited by FenrirApalis
COMMUNISM

35 posts
6,977 battles
41 minutes ago, FenrirApalis said:

If you take a look at the Conquerer in the game you will see why I chose it
12 guns with insane HE damage and fire chance, BBQ kaiju up for grabs
OP heal to be like lol damage to attack by kaijus

and just look at the name CONQUERER, what is it suggesting :cap_rambo:

It can also give the kaijus a particular disease, which I am not allowed to talk about here lul

Or for the memes (saw a documentary about this lately) use the HMS Campbeltown and ram it filled with explosives :kappa:

and since we are allowed modern things: USS Zumwalt. That thing is a beast and will tear the Kaijus a new one.

I would love to deploy 500 A-10s to BRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT the living crap out of Kaijus with depleted uranium armour piercing shells

edit: also you can deploy the Soviet Navy to show them the power of communism xaxaxa )))

The problem  with  both  A-10 and zumwalt is the caliber...kaiju  are armor  plated equivalent to  few feet  of concrete or steal  plating...Small  caliber  rounds bounce  off and missiles explode  but arnt  enough to pen(so HE is useless )we have  a few options anti ship missiles,high  caliber  BB rounds and bombs  like  the bunker buster. Oh and  torpedos.I do  like  the  ram option as well. 

Think of it like a hunter  trying  to  take  out a giant  crock or  turtle.yes you  can  use TNT, but in this case that's  equivalent  to using  a few  nukes..so it's  not  a  option.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

well you see, I have given the A-10 and the Zumwalt shells that don't necessarily actually exist or is in use atm XD

my future tech Zumwalt shell will be able to deliver 10,000,000 newtons of penetration force each so get ready to blast some Kaiju heads off heh

the A-10 will be fitted with heavy caliber gun pods that fire multi stage depleted uranium sabot shells, first firing a charge into the point of impact, creating a point to break through, then the primary layer strikes and propellant inside will detonate and fire the actual warhead deep inside the Kaiju then exploding to cause maximum damage

if all else fails, Stalin shall personally drag the Kaiju to gulag

35 posts
6,977 battles
1 hour ago, humusz said:

e34b191a2b.png

Well, Giant Robots are cooler.

Giant Robots and Battleship even more, there is no reason for not doing both

What  is  this  from? It's doesn't look  like  evangelion.

1,384 posts
9,060 battles

I would bring a CV. If it is a kaiju I am up against I sure wouldn't want to be anywhere near that thing. :Smile-_tongue:

But if it has to be a BB, then probably the Yamato. Or better yet the HSF Musashi.

Why HSF you might ask. Well if anime has taught me anything, there is nothing a bunch of high school girls with the power of friendship can't solve. :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Thyaliad

440 posts
3,386 battles
6 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Why HSF you might ask. Well if anime has taught me anything, there is nothing a bunch of high school girls with the power of friendship can't solve. :Smile_teethhappy:

And also plot armour

Plot armour is stronker than bussian rias

35 posts
6,977 battles
6 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

I would bring a CV. If it is a kaiju I am up against I sure wouldn't want to be anywhere near that thing. :Smile-_tongue:

But if it has to be a BB, then probably the Yamato. Or better yet the HSF Musashi.

We already  know  how a CV would  fight kaiju because  that's  how they killed  the 1st ones in the movie.they probably  used fighters and bombers  from air fields and CVs.

But I agree high school girls are the greatest  weapons we have  against  any invasion from any world.

35 posts
6,977 battles

Guys here is what I found 

BrahMos (one of the best anti ship missiles currently around )

3000kg weight 

200kg semi armor  piercing charge

M2.8 3400kmh speed

16 inch AP US

2700kmh speed

1200kg weight. 

18kg-70kg charge 

9m concrete penitration ability 

Kh-80 missile

6300kg weight 

3500kmh speed

1000kg warhead 

35 posts
6,977 battles

So it seems  that  anti  ship  missiles  seem to be better at taking  out kaiju.

So instead let me propose an anti-kaiju battleship 

It will not be a battleship,but a battle  cruiser since  it will have almost  no  armor. 

6-20inch guns in 3 turrets 

With a top speed  in the range of 35-45 knots 

Large  all weather  radar  system.and a sonar  system  similar  to  sub hunting  destroyers

No secondaries. Or AA 

Smoke generator 

Plenty of Flairs

And a few missiles  to stun the kaiju. 

Tell me what you think  guys.