You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
humusz

World of Warships is on Steam

40 comments in this topic

148 posts
557 battles
6 hours ago, humusz said:

Some people ask for it, now its here

http://store.steampowered.com/app/552990/World_of_Warships/

Directly compete with Gaijn  sealclubbing new blood start  on 15 november

it would be nice to have mod integration with steam workshop

Trailer seems pretty cool.

Super Tester
7,779 posts
8,043 battles

There are many games in steam which starts a launcher first and then you need to log in. For example, Warframe, Elite Dangerous.... So I don't see what's the issue here. WG can just add the game center with the game on steam. However, Game Center is crap, causes a lot of problems with my pc, ssl certificates and internet connection in general. I am not going to use that anytime soon. Installing WGC was a mistake on the first time, do not want to repeat.

1,105 posts
11 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Real men club with Karlsruhe....

ha? please got langley instead

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256698697/movie480.webm?t=1508923986

this is epic..... Torpedo can be thrown by bare hand!

_________

WTF, i hope i dont need to reinstall WoWs on steam to integrate it with my steam account

Edited by Skarhabek

1,083 posts
3,890 battles
1 hour ago, icy_phoenix said:

There are many games in steam which starts a launcher first and then you need to log in. For example, Warframe, Elite Dangerous.... So I don't see what's the issue here. WG can just add the game center with the game on steam. However, Game Center is crap, causes a lot of problems with my pc, ssl certificates and internet connection in general. I am not going to use that anytime soon. Installing WGC was a mistake on the first time, do not want to repeat.

My thoughts too.You can link even disc bought games through the Steam client if you want to,so I don't see WG wouldn't just use Steam as a launcher that then starts your game.Having it the way Sub' mentions is odd.

Super Tester
7,779 posts
8,043 battles

Will they eventually support steam workshop for cosmetics is a better question. A long time ago, I think I read on a Q&A that WG had plans to allow visual modding. Should be a possibility now.

1,110 posts
7,850 battles
8 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Will they eventually support steam workshop for cosmetics is a better question. A long time ago, I think I read on a Q&A that WG had plans to allow visual modding. Should be a possibility now.

Not expecting much from it

WG game engine is not well known among visual artist

unlike Source, Unity, unreal. however it would be diffrent if they release SDK (software development kits) for modding support like what bethesda or relic did for example

its prob just skins, admiral potrait and UI. a not so complicated stuff. if WoW build in Unity, some modders might add crew to populate the ships after few months

[HMASW]
1,558 posts

I was just wondering, if you set wows on steam & log in with your current account, even if your ships, scores & credits & stars are not transferrable, & its sets up a new account,  I would hope that the steam version would not "assume" the identity from the original WG account, & therefore effect a wipe of everything, by treating the steam version as the sole account?

Ordrazz

148 posts
557 battles
1 hour ago, Ordrazz said:

I was just wondering, if you set wows on steam & log in with your current account, even if your ships, scores & credits & stars are not transferrable, & its sets up a new account,  I would hope that the steam version would not "assume" the identity from the original WG account, & therefore effect a wipe of everything, by treating the steam version as the sole account?

Ordrazz

Was just about to ask this.

1,083 posts
3,890 battles
2 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

Ordrazz

From the quoted post by Sub_Octavian earlier in the thread,it would seem that logging in with your current account details would not work as it seems to be totally separate there.

Would also seem they would need to still be able to cross check account names so there is no double up as well,if they are going to mix players once logged in from both services for the MM.

This is making even less sense now if they are.You can't link your account through Steam to use your WoWs account or vice versa it seems,but they may need to be able to see players details from both to avoid conflicts.Doesn't seem well thought out!

[HMASW]
1,558 posts

So, as I understand it, that would mean I wouldn't be able to use the same email or handle or details to set up a steam wows account, even if they don't mix, & they would check if my details don't conflict with my proper account ??? I fail to see what difference that would make if they not going to be cross platform anyway.....

IF I was going to do it (which I'm not) , I would be the same person on steam as I would here....

Would the steam version use details already in my steam account, or would it be separate to that, as I used to play another game on steam, so my details would still be there I should think....

As you say, very confusing..

Ordrazz

[TLS]
Beta Tester
717 posts
3,648 battles

Finally my dreams come true i guess. I guess WG Devs does listen to me.

So i Don't need to use my Payment this difficult. I rather buy a Steam Wallet and use it anyway. Much faster.

But surely i Don't mind the Margin Expenses from Steam . As long as i want to have easy purchase than a card.

Edited by LawrenceXVIII

1,110 posts
7,850 battles

so, no account integration with steam

sad. that means steam wallet will not works either

will steam exclusive sales (like summer or winter sales), were also limited to steam binded account ?

thats a shame :/

20171026.thumb.jpg.735db22871ce9bbb4ea043902b49f137.jpg

Edited by humusz