You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
cherep84

Should I get Prinz Eugen?

30 comments in this topic

16 posts
3,956 battles

So I used the latest patch changes to get rid of my Belfast. Not that I think changes to smoke mechanics affect her performance much, I don't, but I just don't like her. I love RN cruisers and I do well on them, but not Belfast.

Anyway, I was looking at tech tree premiums to buy instead with my new load of doubloons and I'm really considering Prinz Eugen. Waifu reasons, camo looks amazing and she's a T8 premium, so a must be a good money maker.

Is she a good ship though? Would you recommend buying it?

Beta Tester
628 posts
6,898 battles

She (along with Hipper) is probably the weakest T8 cruiser.  She is definitely a bit underpowered.  What doesn't help on top of that is T8 MM for cruisers is particularly punishing, given you spend a lot of time up against T10 ships that can both outrange and outgun you.

Eugen is generally not too bad, but is let down by poor dpm (it has quite a long reload and not many barrels).  The AP is great if you know when to use it however - but if the enemy plays well you'll find it very difficult to put it to good use ( and if they play poorly you'll probably win anyway!).

I suspect you might find the Eugen a frustrating ship to play.

1,105 posts

buy "Enterprise" and sink everyone waifu :V

- unbeatable fastest plane speed, even T8 plane cannt do sheet againts T7 Enterprise plane

- AP Boy, with bonus Torpedo bomber..... NO STUPID DEEP FRIED TORPEDO GG Zap

- Noob in dogfight? guarantee win againts Shokaku Strike or AS loadout with 31 reserve of fighter, right click dogfight and enemy will run out of plane

- Noob in manual drop? JUST auto drop, manual or auto are basically same for Enterprise

- 96 plane..... NOOB friendly

- Iowa and Montana with ultra AA cannt shoot Enterprise plane, bcoz same allies. Memetaur still shotdown it btw.

980 posts
12,693 battles
8 minutes ago, Skarhabek said:

- unbeatable fastest plane speed, even T8 plane cannt do sheet againts T7 Enterprise plane

- Noob in dogfight? guarantee win againts Shokaku Strike or AS loadout with 31 reserve of fighter, right click dogfight and enemy will run out of plane

- Noob in manual drop? JUST auto drop, manual or auto are basically same for Enterprise

- Iowa and Montana with ultra AA cannt shoot Enterprise plane, bcoz same allies. Memetaur still shotdown it btw.

HE'S BACK!! =D

Beta Tester
213 posts
4,131 battles

If i remember right, Prinz along with Atago and now Kobayashi Kii is 3 best ship for grind creadit ( still can't not compare with Miissouri thought) 

The only good thing about her is AP, anything else about her is just meh, not good but not bad, either.

Edited by K135Blitzkrieg

1,078 posts
3,884 battles

You might be better off playing up the German cruiser line first,and seeing how you like the Admiral Hipper.If you do and want the Prinz Eugen for the name and credit earning then go for it.

As others have said,the Hipper/Eugen can be frustrating to play if you don't click with them.And get getting uptiered to T10 is always a pain.

345 posts
10,825 battles

It just a clone ship of Hipper anyway. Just get urself Admiral Hipper instead of Prinz Eugen.

U can farm the rest of upper tier German cruiser once u get Hipper.

But remember, tier 8 always have a high chance to end up in high tier match right now.

Edited by ArchKongou

696 posts
7,510 battles

I do really suggest OP consider playing Hipper first before jump into Eugen. 

1. You might or might not love the play style. German CA are sort of big cruisers style, poor concealment, and poor rudder (compared to USN, IJN, and maybe RN). Some people love it, some people don't.

2. Tier 8 is currently been thrown into tier 10 matches. With no concealment, poor rudder, it's not easy to excel in such matches. 

3.  Credit earning... well, personally I'd prefer premium tier 8 BB over premium tier 8 CA. Even in tier 10 matches, at least survivability isn't that bad for tier 8 BB. 

Just my opinion, hope it'll clear some of your doubts :)

16 posts
3,956 battles

Thanks for suggestions everyone!

I want to go down KM cruiser line in the near future, but right now I'm leveling VMF CL line at T8 and want to get to Moskva and also RN line at T8 and IJN line at T9 and also USN BBs at T8, so all-in-all too many ships already on my plate, constantly struggling with trying to farm credits. 

Let's say, what if I like under-gunned and AP-oriented ships and do well in them, like Furutaka for example? 

This is why I thought, that this ship might be fun. Just running around the map blasting with my strong AP, sort of like Taco but at T8...

furutaka.thumb.JPG.2e99a93abb221b054d2c4684b6b455e0.JPG

1,105 posts

why people advise to "get hipper" first before buy prinz eugene? isnt it better to buy Prinz FIRST and then try KMCA line?

if you get admiral hipper first, you will waste a lot of credit, XP, and Hellish of Nurnberg MM. at least you will spend 1~3 month if you dont have any credit like me.

if you like Admiral Hipper, you will buy Prinz Eugene..... waste of time, why dont buy her from the start?

if you dont like Admiral Hipper, You waste your time and credit.... 

if you buy Prinz from the start

if you dont like it, you will keep it since it was your Waifu (are you betraying your waifu?)

if you like it, well.... you will print credit instead

go get it now before someone claiming your waifu

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,313 posts
3 hours ago, Skarhabek said:

200w.gif#1-grid1

16 posts
3,956 battles
3 hours ago, Skarhabek said:

I can't do carriers. I suck even against bots :cap_haloween:

37 minutes ago, Skarhabek said:

:cap_wander: how did you do it??? Furutaka??

Dunno. Just sailing around and blasting AP at HE-spamming peasants :cap_rambo:

[MEGA]
4,654 posts
17,883 battles

dont get euigen unless you love something about her that isnt connected to game play, she's a shit ship with a shit matchmakeing, the only redeaming point that she had is that she made a bit more credits with the special camo and the Kii now makes more credits in a single match then euigen does in 2, she's not worth it

[LNA]
1,692 posts
10,539 battles
Just now, drakon233 said:

dont get euigen unless you love something about her that isnt connected to game play, she's a shit ship with a shit matchmakeing, the only redeaming point that she had is that she made a bit more credits with the special camo and the Kii now makes more credits in a single match then euigen does in 2, she's not worth it

That also depend on his aptitude with the hipper. Kii can be wonky and frustrating at times

[MEGA]
4,654 posts
17,883 battles
Just now, legionary2099 said:

That also depend on his aptitude with the hipper. Kii can be wonky and frustrating at times

even with great aptitude with the hipper she still isnt worth it, she gets outperformed by literally every other T8 cruiser both prem and not apart from he hipper

[MEGA]
4,654 posts
17,883 battles
5 minutes ago, Skarhabek said:

this is just me or Kii actualy have better AA than Amagi.....

sshhh why most premium always got heavy AA

have you ever even looked at the ship's stats? she has 8 100mm akizuki guns and bofers

1,105 posts
2 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

have you ever even looked at the ship's stats? she has 8 100mm akizuki guns and bofers

- GG AA check

- Extra Torpedo check

- GG main gun like Amagi check

- compared to Amagi..... shorter range, big concealment, lelel secondary....

it seems Kii weakness its not as bad as its look

alright why not everybody go Kii instead of Amagi

183 posts
3,790 battles

No, unless you want prinz for reasons other than gameplay. I bought her coz germans make the best looking superstructure. Also the kancolle prinz is super cute.

Just now, Skarhabek said:

Coz it's not free?

Edited by DonnerSushi

[MEGA]
4,654 posts
17,883 battles
1 minute ago, Skarhabek said:

- GG AA check

- Extra Torpedo check

- GG main gun like Amagi check

- compared to Amagi..... shorter range, big concealment, lelel secondary....

it seems Kii weakness its not as bad as its look

1.7 sigma, shit turret traverse, crap armor, nil torpedo protection

1,105 posts
3 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

1.7 sigma, shit turret traverse, crap armor, nil torpedo protection

Seriously 1.7 Sigma :cap_look:

crap armor and torp protect are fine.... but not having great IJN main gun.... well...