You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
keskparane

A thought on queue times and MM

11 comments in this topic

2,247 posts
13,942 battles

I get the impression that a lot of the time when more selective MM is mentioned it is soon followed by talk of increased queue times. So I want to leave you with this to think about.

From my experience getting a game when there are 3k+ players on the server is no problem. At peak there are 3-4 times that number. Point being even if MM removed half the players from your MM pool (so that MM was more appropriate) there would still be, by my reasoning, plenty of players and short queue times.

That's all. :cap_cool:

Edited by keskparane

980 posts
12,693 battles

I remember Trevzor and Kelorn on WoWS Podcast saying that the more rules that MM has, the more shitty it will become.  

While I'm not sure about the numbers behind this claim, if this is indeed the case, im happy with the current MM! 

Edited by LordTyphoon

1,105 posts

MM JUST NEED :

1. balanced tier ship : if enemy go T9 DD, we should get T9 DD TOO!

2. same number of the type of ship : if enemy got 2 DD, we shoold get 2 DD TOO!

3. Mode : Total Random, there is too many domination mode.....

4. team skill : TOTAL RANDOM

5. HIDE RANK of the player

6. HIDE DIVISION of the the player

7. HIDE CLAN Tag for player, post battle it will be shown like "rank".

bet me 100 silver (in ToS Currency) there will be LESS rant

[LNA]
1,692 posts
10,538 battles
8 hours ago, LordTyphoon said:

I remember Trevzor and Kelorn on WoWS Podcast saying that the more rules that MM has, the more shitty it will become.  

While I'm not sure about the numbers behind this claim, if this is indeed the case, im happy with the current MM! 

It is if you learn programming a bit. After all MM is the child of a list of priorities and conflicting priorities at that.

That mean it has many more conditions attached to a list that need to sort out.

A program is not a human, it is not smart, it do what it was told to do be it right or wrong.

Why is it becoming more shitty ? Between picking same number or same tiers , which come first? Between picking divisions vs same type ships per team which go first ????. It will create unforseen dumb solutions where it sort out a list totally unbalanced because of conflicting condition.

[MEGA]
4,654 posts
17,883 battles
2 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Agree with 1, 2.  3,4 already occur. How does 5,6,7 affect MM or add anything to the gameplay?

6&7 will lead you to getting focused by the enemy team,5 is irreverent since you cant see in on the loading screen and during the battle anyways

1,105 posts
3 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Agree with 1, 2.  3,4 already occur. How does 5,6,7 affect MM or add anything to the gameplay?

not the gameplay but people rant. if player lose in 3 min and all its time get deleted... look at enemy rank..... oh enemy got 12 player rank 1... and my team... oh rank 22.

also if you see 2x3 fishing division, you will be more cautious right? but how about the noob? they will just RUN away :Smile_hiding:

[MEGA]
4,654 posts
17,883 battles
2 minutes ago, Skarhabek said:

not the gameplay but people rant. if player lose in 3 min and all its time get deleted... look at enemy rank..... oh enemy got 12 player rank 1... and my team... oh rank 22.

also if you see 2x3 fishing division, you will be more cautious right? but how about the noob? they will just RUN away :Smile_hiding:

or, when people done know who's dangerous and in a division, they are slaughtered without knowing why(imagine camping in smoke and not realizing that 3 VOR members are aiming at you)

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,907 posts
4,190 battles
9 hours ago, Skarhabek said:

Knowledge is power.    Would you push on a potato division or as Drakon said, a VOR fishing div?    If you don't have this information you are disadvantaged from the start.  it could be tie difference between you being deleted or staing alive through the whole match and being of use to your team.