You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Black__Melody

What skills,modules should I pick If I want to have farthest firing range for secondaries?

10 comments in this topic

1,277 posts
8,576 battles

Advanced Firing Training for Captain skill. Secondary Battery Mod 2 for ship upgrades. Plus Mike Yankee Soxisix for signal flags.

Those are the only things that increase secondary battery range I believe. Aiming Systems Mod 1 also does that but less than Secondary  Battery Mod 2.

162 posts
3,272 battles

For secondary range increases here are the following things you can use
Ship upgrades:
-Secondary Battery mod 2 (+20% max range)
-Aiming System Mod 1 (+5% max range)
(Note: These 2 upgrades occupy the same upgrade slot, so you cannot mount both)
Captain skills:

-Advanced Firing Training (+20% max range)
Flags:
Mike Yankee Soxsix (+5% max range of secondaries)

Just to ask why do you want to increase your secondary range? Are you gunning for a secondary build or playing KM BBs?

2,175 posts
13,489 battles

Be very careful about deciding to take Secondary Battery mod 2. Losing the decreased dispersion of Aiming System Mod 1 can be very painful unless you always in close.

980 posts
12,617 battles

more important question is on which ship you want maximised? Some ships have weaker secondary builds than others. 

Also, you give up 4 captain skills points and have to commit some upgrades that help you ship with other aspects of gameplay. 

In the campy meta of the SEA server, secondary setups may not always be effective. 

Super Tester
7,375 posts
7,889 battles

Just AFT should be enough. The secondary range mod is not usually needed. The accuracy mod also increases the range of secondary batteries, and that is more than enough for most cases.

[LBAS]
4,329 posts
25,292 battles

for class

CA need to max AA range >> skill + upgrades (I dont choose Manual AA)

BB max sub guns >> if you are brawler most of time >> skill + upgrades -> max range (I dont choose Manual secondary)