Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Schwarzhelmm

Hindenburg was the second worst cruiser and not a good cruiser?

11 comments in this topic

381 posts
9,977 battles

No, that comment is severely outdated and the poster cherry picked a lot of disadvantages as well.

Hindenburg torp stat is weak but it only needs one thing to compensate for all these weaknesses: torp angle. You'll need to present a near perfect broadside on Zao to use its torps. For Hindenburg you can angle your armor and use torps at the same time. Make a huge difference if you have to fight against multiple targets at close range and in cyclones.

Hindenburg AA is weaker than Des Moines and Minotaur yes. But DFAA makes all the differences pretty much meaningless. No sane CV will choose to attack a same tier cruiser with possible DFAA equipped unless it's the only possible target. 

Hindenburg damage per salvo is not too high in most circumstances but it's very consistent. Personally I think post-HE buff Hindenburg can deal damage to angled BB more consistently than Zao. And I think it's the only weakness of this ship: Hindenburg is predictable in most cases and won't be able to leave much of an impact on the game if it's an one-sided game. It needs time to stack up the damage and make a difference. But it's still better than Zao and Henri IV in this department tbh.

Overall, Hindenburg is a very solid ship and comfortable to play. You won't regret grinding it.

671 posts
1,509 battles

-Don't underestimate German AP

-Torps, while not as good as Zao, is more usable. Unlike the Zao you dont nead to show your broadside alot

-AA is good, Des Moines and Minotaur is god-tier but the Hinden's AA is still noticeable

plus she has German Hydro, a good reload for a Heavy Cruiser (not as good as the DM but lets be real) and pretty nice armour

the guy/girl just picked the negatives of the Hinden without even mentioning what makes her a good ship

Super Tester
7,780 posts
8,043 battles

I don't have Hindenburg myself, but I am usually more worried about Hindenburg than a Zao when it comes to HE spamming. Also, Hindenburg has monster AA for self defense. She can devstrike other cruisers pretty easily given proper situation. She also has pretty good armor.

Sign in to follow this