Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DwightSkywalker20

Royal Navy and Kriegsmarine ship

41 comments in this topic

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

So with WG policy on non-WWII flag, we probably gonna see the tricolor flag in the kriegsmarine instead of the original one with the you know... swastika? 

Don't even want the ugly swastika flag, original ww1 flag ftw.

1.) It's not banned

2.) It looks fabulous

3.) Did I mention that it looks fabulous?

pPaHDw6.png

Beta Tester
73 posts
3,151 battles

Then every april fool's day, landing a single shot from Bismarck would sink HMS Hood without fail. :trollface:

Edited by _intervention

Super Tester
2,500 posts
1,535 battles

*Scratches head*

You're looking forward to fighting with an aircraft carrier that was built for convoy interception rather than securing air superiority

or destroying anything stronger than a light cruiser... ... okay.

I guess we're lucky that Wargaming games don't care much about realism. ;)

Alpha Tester
28 posts
3,104 battles

I think some of the European lines should be good, French and Italian boats would be a nice change, and very little Russia Bounceimodium armour as well..

H

Edited by H_87A_2CU

[PBKAC]
Alpha Tester
207 posts
1,259 battles

It's a shame in some ways that we won't see Fast Patrol Boats in the game.  

The RAN had some wonderful items such as the 'Gay' Class.  Some good little ships there, 'Gay Bruiser', 'Gay Charger' & 'Gay Fencer' to name a few.  Hot little numbers.  Particularly the Motor Torpedo Boat versions, mounting 21 inch tubes, they could stab a torpedo right into your stern before you could blink.  Some carried a QF six-pounder too, which would have been able to fire a devastating load into an unaware target with its back turned.  The whole philosophy behind Fast Patrol Boats was to quickly slip in, dart them good and hard and then pull out before they know what hit them - like DD's on double-speed.  Lotta fun.

Two pre-gay ships were in WWII - 'Gay Viking' and 'Gay Corsair', so it would at least be historical.

'Gay Archer' survives to this day, in the UK.  Took the current owner years to restore it and apparently was quite a pain in the bum locating authentic bits to complete it.

A documentary on Fast Patrol Boats exists - "The Last of the Forgotten Heroes" - and is said to feature a fair bit of hot Gay action in it, including a scene of three Gay's conducting a coordinated attack on a moving target.

Edited by Tanzer

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

It's a shame in some ways that we won't see Fast Patrol Boats in the game.  

The RAN had some wonderful items such as the 'Gay' Class.  Some good little ships there, 'Gay Bruiser', 'Gay Charger' & 'Gay Fencer' to name a few.  Hot little numbers.  Particularly the Motor Torpedo Boat versions, mounting 21 inch tubes, they could stab a torpedo right into your stern before you could blink.  Some carried a QF six-pounder too, which would have been able to fire a devastating load into a lightly-armored target.

Two pre-gay ships were in WWII - 'Gay Viking' and 'Gay Corsair', so it would at least be historical.

'Gay Archer' survives to this day, in the UK.  Took the current owner years to restore it and apparently was quite a pain in the bum locating authentic bits to complete it.

A2zSa7e.gif

Take all my +1s

Kinda irritated that I cant find that upvote gif with the missile frigate launching a bunch of them.

679 posts
3,522 battles

Can hardly wait for the Brits and German lines.  These two nations owned the sea prior to WW2.  They had the most advanced ship designs, and I really look forward to the armored decks of the Brit CVs, no more pesky fires.

Edited by Dantes_Inferno

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

Can hardly wait for the Brits and German lines.  These two nations owned the sea prior to WW2.  They had the most advanced ship designs, and I really look forward to the armored decks of the Brit CVs, no more pesky fires.

German cruisers, because guns. And Brit BBs because Nelson class.

Sign in to follow this