You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Audacious

Why can't they just remove the time restriction for CB?

10 comments in this topic

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,109 battles

The primary concern, according to developer Sub_Octavian, was that if clan battles were available 24/7, some clans might attempt to rig matches during low activity hours in an attempt to climb the leaderboard.

My suggestion is that they increase the clan battles window to 5 hours on Asia and NA servers, 7 hours on the RU server, and allow clan battles for every day of the week (rather than an arbitrary selection of days like Thursday). This would make the timezone difference between Thailand (UTC+7) and New Zealand (UTC+13:45) less painful on Asia server, the difference between California (UTC-7) and Florida (UTC-5) less painful on NA server, and the difference between Moscow (UTC+3) and Vladivostok (UTC+10) less painful on RU server. EU can stay as it is for battle hour windows, however likewise have clan battles available for all days of the week.

265 posts
4,731 battles
10 hours ago, benlisquare said:

The primary concern, according to developer Sub_Octavian, was that if clan battles were available 24/7, some clans might attempt to rig matches during low activity hours in an attempt to climb the leaderboard.

My suggestion is that they increase the clan battles window to 5 hours on Asia and NA servers, 7 hours on the RU server, and allow clan battles for every day of the week (rather than an arbitrary selection of days like Thursday). This would make the timezone difference between Thailand (UTC+7) and New Zealand (UTC+13:45) less painful on Asia server, the difference between California (UTC-7) and Florida (UTC-5) less painful on NA server, and the difference between Moscow (UTC+3) and Vladivostok (UTC+10) less painful on RU server. EU can stay as it is for battle hour windows, however likewise have clan battles available for all days of the week.

Sounds like having it on all days will also cause rigging since there are more hours available. Whichever the case, I think extending the clan battle window is a better choice, though that might also cause most Asia players to fight with each other while AUS/NZ players will have their battles in their hours. E.g. 1800 - 2300 (UTC+8) window. AUS/NZ fight from 1800 - 2100, then remaining join at 2000-2300, thus only 1 hour overlaps, little exchanges.

I am just going to see and observe.

1,110 posts
7,850 battles

if the time span to long, will the queque got filled up ?

the goal of short duration, seemingly to gather motivated people in clan to log in on that short perior of time.

so practicly you have high chance to matching against various clans (at the start). therefore in providing better game experience since it thined the chance you meet same opponent multiple times. 

and as clan move into higher league, and matching on diffrent MM bracket. the number would be greatly reduced. the first 1 and 2 league would prob have no problem, but on higher league ?

If the time period were too long, then you might have hard times finding clan that in same bracket.

or higher chance meeting same clan over and over (and got rekt by same clan over and over).

IDK how much clans in asia server that would be participating. ( I belive WG also doesnt, its first time afterall)

like in ranked when you have move up brackets, the number of clan in your bracket would be greatly reduced

if they dont try to condense the time. (and its 7 hour for like 7 days a week). and you always play in your comfort time - there is possibility you wont face any clan in your bracket.

and end up got stuck with no chance to progressing is stupid way to do it doesnt ? (we lose because there is no opponent. that is like super lame lol)

I imagine at the higest league, it would be hard to find opponent without reaching them up and set up some kind of date to queue together.

if the rule is to lax its also quite hard to make 14 people to online together I imagine.

Edited by humusz

265 posts
4,731 battles
22 hours ago, humusz said:

if the time span to long, will the queque got filled up ?

the goal of short duration, seemingly to gather motivated people in clan to log in on that short perior of time.

so practicly you have high chance to matching against various clans (at the start). therefore in providing better game experience since it thined the chance you meet same opponent multiple times. 

and as clan move into higher league, and matching on diffrent MM bracket. the number would be greatly reduced. the first 1 and 2 league would prob have no problem, but on higher league ?

If the time period were too long, then you might have hard times finding clan that in same bracket.

or higher chance meeting same clan over and over (and got rekt by same clan over and over).

IDK how much clans in asia server that would be participating. ( I belive WG also doesnt, its first time afterall)

like in ranked when you have move up brackets, the number of clan in your bracket would be greatly reduced

if they dont try to condense the time. (and its 7 hour for like 7 days a week). and you always play in your comfort time - there is possibility you wont face any clan in your bracket.

and end up got stuck with no chance to progressing is stupid way to do it doesnt ? (we lose because there is no opponent. that is like super lame lol)

I imagine at the higest league, it would be hard to find opponent without reaching them up and set up some kind of date to queue together.

if the rule is to lax its also quite hard to make 14 people to online together I imagine.

That is true too, I guess we have to place our trust on WG  to make full use of the CB statistics and change the timing accordingly.

331 posts
7,045 battles

They should issue each individual clan an allowance Timer set for 9hrs per week, and allow you to enter Clan Battles when ever a full Division is made up. Makes the clan grouping a little more flexible. You can use all the time given in 1 go or only do an hour or so if the Commander so chooses.

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,325 battles
2 hours ago, Kamanah said:

They should issue each individual clan an allowance Timer set for 9hrs per week, and allow you to enter Clan Battles when ever a full Division is made up. Makes the clan grouping a little more flexible. You can use all the time given in 1 go or only do an hour or so if the Commander so chooses.

Nope. Active clans should be allowed to participate as much as they want in the prime time. Same thing is WOT, which worked pretty damn well up till now

Beta Tester
89 posts
6,128 battles
On 10/21/2017 at 6:38 AM, GRADAN31 said:

That is true too, I guess we have to place our trust on WG  to make full use of the CB statistics and change the timing accordingly.

The problem here is if the statistics show there's very few Aus/NZ/Japanese clans in clan battles because they cant be on at 4 am do WG read this as "oh Aus/NZ/Japan are not interested so we wont bother changing anything", or do they realise its because its 4 am (or insert other ghastly time) and they CANT be on?

Also mentioned above was if you don't condense the time people will get stuck and not progress ... well I would point out that if other people CANT do clan wars its the exact same thing for them. And lets not start on all the nice xp/challenges and rewards that are impossible for many on the server  .. not much different to offering a new ship to part of the server but not others. Sorry Aus/NZ/Japan you cant have this ship?

There are many clans that want to fight in clan wars and cant because of this time constraint, if its not equal across the entire server then it needs urgent fixing. 

1 am - 4 am for any player with a life is just crazy.  ... I guess we could quit our jobs but then how do we buy shiny premium toys?