You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Hiroshineko

so can someone tell me why the name plate of Mikasa and Ishizuchi are getting removed

18 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
74 posts
1,805 battles

so I was just reading the patch note 

and then I stumbled upon something that confuses me a bit

--Removed the name plates at the stern of Ishizuchi and Mikasa.

why?  I just don't really understand the reason for doing this

312 posts
6,773 battles

Maybe its considered "bad language" in other countries? There are certain words in English that are are considered "offensive" to other English speaking nations. 

458 posts
7,418 battles

Mikasa is pretty slow, so maybe lose the plate and save some weight? Instant speed buff. :cap_cool:

In all seriousness, I have no idea. Must be a valid reason or you wouldn't bother with something so trivial.

1,386 posts
8,092 battles

WG’s policy on the naming symbols have been

For tech tree ships, there will be no distinctive symbols that can tell you which ship of the class is this, but other ship-specifying features do get preserved. For example, the two wooden bars on Yamato’s aviation deck is at an angle but Musashi has them in parallel, and in-game Yamato is based on the historical Yamato. The in-game Kongo is historical Hiei, with the distinctive bridge that served as Yamato’s prototype. But there will no no hull numbers or squadron numbers or naming plates on tech tree ships.

Premium ships usually have naming plates or similar things that tells you directly this is a certain ship.

So I wonder why do this to Ishizuchi and Mikasa given both are premium?

1,062 posts
3,824 battles

Don't know if its correct but the only mention I could find so far by a player on the NA forum:

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/140107-thanks-for-nerfing-ishizuchi-and-mikasa-wg/?page=2#comment-3369098

Yes, kind of hard to imagine why they did this when the Government of Japan asked them nicely to do so in the case of the Mikasa about 2 months ago,It may have something to do with her special legal protected status (Similar to what goes on with the Olympics* and certain shrines In Japan, some shrines in Japan that are depicted in Anima that supposedly show real locations for example are known by different names, not identified at all even to the extent of hiding or removing anything Identifying them, have there looks deliberately altered or are replaced outright (usually with a park) 

And no I don't know for sure why they requested this.

Not sure why they did it on the other ships, it may just be a thing about naming conventions.

[LBAS]
4,330 posts
25,303 battles
1 hour ago, Thyaliad said:

Well Sub_Octavian said on Reddit he was going to look into it. So hopefully we will get an answer soon.

well thats good, I dont have to put the old skin for Mikasa