Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HunterPwnerOriginal

Remove Epicenter

7 comments in this topic

1 post
2,581 battles

I had a game just now where I was in my Prinz Eugen and the dreadful game mode epicenter came up, even worse on the map Tears of the Desert. Now we all know that there are only two options in this scenario. 

1) Camp behind the islands on your side and just sit there and hope one of the reds is dumb enough to cruise into your range. Spam HE. 
2) Flank around them (Which usually doesn't work if your team doesn't support you or you have bad concealment)

I won the game of course, because the reds were too greedy and their whole fleet scattered to oblivion. But I still loathe the game mode because in that scenario as a cruiser with only maximum 17km - 18km gun range you're basically going to sit there and do nothing. You can't go out and push alone, that's no good you'll just get focused down. You can't just sit behind an island cause then you won't be able to get anything done and it's boring. 

Even with CVs, they're basically the only ones who can actually something, which is fight the enemy CV's planes cause in high tier AA is very high so your planes will just drop like flies. 

Wargaming remove this game mode already nobody likes it. 

1,539 posts

I like epicentre on the lower tiers, like 4 - 7, but like others say, not tears of the desert map....  Its fun having everyone to rush in (well crawl in on lower tiers lol) , & is very engaging, like a lot of times, the teams forget about the actual objective, & start fierce battles, because everyone is so close.... So win or lose, it ends up as a quality game....

Someone had a great idea a little while back, & suggested that as a mode, maybe they could implement shrinking borders, so througout the game the borders would close in, that would remove campers, & force everyone to fight closer.... Maybe they could do it for high tier matches, that would end campfests..

Ordrazz

Edited by Ordrazz

Sign in to follow this