Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Serazahar

Musashi at T9

28 comments in this topic

66 posts
4,202 battles

ST, Japanese battleship Musashi, tier IX. Hit points - 97 300, plating - 32 mm, belt - 200 - 410 mm. Main battery - 3х3 460 mm. Firing range - 26.5km. HE damage - 7300, AP damage - 14800. Reload time 35 s., 180 degree turn time - 72 s., maximum dispersion - 275 m. HE initial velocity - 805 m/s. AP initial velocity - 780 m/s. Sigma - 1.8. Maximum speed - 27 kt. Turning circle radius - 900 m., rudder shift time - 18.7 s. Surface detectability - 17.5 km, air detectability - 16.0 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke - 19.3 km. All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers.

22520051_1949452525381085_7116585963934168683_o.png?width=1170&height=659

I am very sad that WG decided to nerf the Yamato guns so much. Infact these guns are going to overpen cruiser most of the time at lower tier and T7 battleships already overmatches themselves so complaining about overmatch to T7 BB is ridiculous.

1.8 sigma with 35 second reloads is just like the old Kii guns. I also think that T7 BB will have a easier time dealing with Musashi then MO or Iowa or FdG simply because it has raised citadel and octagonal shaped citadel as well meaning it should be easier to citadel Musashi / Yamato in a T7 BB like Nagato and Colorado. The only thing going for Yamato are those guns but nerf those then........

Also Kaga / GZ with D E E P water torpedo should be feasting on that booty as well.

Hope WG won't go though with this "stock" Yamato to live.

Nerfing the guns sigma to 2.0 or 1.9 would be more acceptable rather than to 1.8 with a massive 35 second reload.

1,386 posts
8,328 battles

IMO Musashi should be T10, with reduced AA but better TDS(or heal?), be researchable with 1,000,000 (or more?) Free XP or 250,000 ship XP on Yamato. That would be easier to balance, won’t trigger people who grinded Yamato, and reflect her historical battle performance better. (Musashi took 19 aerial torps and kept afloat for more than four hours after that, before being finally sunk due to excessive flooding. That is unprecedented achievement for any battleship, and that was achieved even with her crew failed to pump out flooded compartments due to not anticipating the final wave, that is some serious DamCon and survivability)

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08

36 posts
941 battles

Pros:

Same HP & armor with her sister ship

Same main battery potential with her sister ship

Same speed

Better rudder shift time compared to her sister ship

More secondaries

Can LoLpen poor T7 BBs

Cons:

Less AA

+100 turning circle radius compared to her sister ship

-3 sigma compared to her sister ship

Unholy rate of fire

Sh!t turret traverse speed *same with Yamato's*

Edited by Yureitsu

66 posts
4,202 battles
9 minutes ago, Yureitsu said:

Pros:

Same HP & armor with her sister ship

Same main battery potential with her sister ship

Same speed

Better rudder shift time compared to her sister ship

More secondaries

Can LoLpen poor T7 BBs

Cons:

Less AA

+100 turning circle radius compared to her sister ship

-3 sigma compared to her sister ship

And also 5 second more reload time which is M A S S I V E .

181 posts
7,619 battles
49 minutes ago, SlamUez said:

Why even play this ship if you have a yamato? 

Because T9. One of the reasons why I decided to keep Neptune alongside Minotaur, as being top tier in a tier 9 is fun (sometimes).

16 minutes ago, Yureitsu said:

...Can LoLpen poor T7 BBs...

So? T7+ (excluding Scharnhorst and KGV) and some T6 BBs can already overmatch them long before this.

Edited by Nuesance

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,206 battles

This is rubbish.

Her armour values, gunnery values should NOT be changed.

This is another poor example of WG morphing, squeezing, a ship into a tier that it doesn't belong.

Sure, we're not playing a realistic game here but there's suspension of disbelief and then there's suspension of disbelief.

With forced nerfing like this and the South Dakota class nerfing... WOWS is rapidly turning into what WOT is now... I knew it was going to happen, I just wanted it to be a much slower transition.

Tee

36 posts
941 battles
5 minutes ago, Nuesance said:

So? T7+ (excluding Scharnhorst and KGV) and some T6 BBs can already overmatch them long before this.

Just sayin, no need to be salty

[LBAS]
4,574 posts
25,980 battles
7 minutes ago, admiral_tee said:

This is rubbish.

Her armour values, gunnery values should NOT be changed.

This is another poor example of WG morphing, squeezing, a ship into a tier that it doesn't belong.

Sure, we're not playing a realistic game here but there's suspension of disbelief and then there's suspension of disbelief.

With forced nerfing like this and the South Dakota class nerfing... WOWS is rapidly turning into what WOT is now... I knew it was going to happen, I just wanted it to be a much slower transition.

Tee

Money maker for WG

1M free EXP ~ 40k Doubloons << any ship can make it? << no a single one

205 posts
11,825 battles

I rather think the other way.

If you have Musashi there's no reason to grind for Yamato. :cap_cool:
Worse sigma rating, AA, RoF and that's it. Same overhyped overrated warmachine at tier 9 which does better or worse in certain situation.
Having that big gun at tier 10 and overpens are already norm, you can guess how worse it is when it face lower tiers. :cap_haloween:

Okay let's look at the other perspective.
She has those premium ship bonuses AND she doesn't have anything ridiculously better than ships in the tech tree.
I think that's what matters here. We have enough premium ships that out performing ships in the tech tree as it is already so this is a nice change of pace.
She's also the option for those who want the demo version of the infamous "Yamato". which as you know it, can leads to a lot of players just throwing their money at her with no experience at higher tiers.

I rather have Missouri.
 :cap_like:

Edited by MikuChrome

[KGHSF]
3,247 posts
6,180 battles

Meh it's can't match for Missouri or Lion(just HE spam) which that best among tier 9 :Smile_sceptic:

I don't like another camp and sniper Oh yes 100% trash 

Edited by THAI_THIEF

1,386 posts
9,060 battles

There are various reasons why WG may not want the Musashi as a Tier 10.

First off, if Musashi were to be a Premium, then she would be the first Tier 10 Premium (yes there is the upcoming Stalingrad for Clan Wars, but no news if that is going to a Premium for now, though most likely it will be). As a Tier 10 Premium, her earnings will likely be ridiculously huge, kinda like how the Missouri has very good credit earnings as a Tier 9 premium. So if you thought the Missouri was a credit machine, the Musashi at Tier 10 will be a credit monster. And I don't think WG wants too many credit monsters at the top tiers - it goes against their monetisation strategy. Stalingrad as a Tier 10 Premium is probably within acceptable limits for WG, since it is a reward ship and not everyone will be able to get it.

Secondly, similar to the Iowa and Missouri, what's the point of grinding to the Yamato when you can get the Musashi for free xp? With the Missouri, there is really no reason to play the Iowa anymore unless you are grinding to the Montana, as Missouri and Iowa are essentially the same ship, except one is a Premium with Radar while the other is tech-tree ship with a catapult plane instead. But with Yamato and Musashi, it will be worse. There is no ship past Yamato, so unless you just want to get the Yamato for historical reasons, there is not much of a reason to grind through the Izumo to get to the Yamato.

Thirdly, some have suggested that Musashi be a unique camouflage for the Yamato. But problem with that is then you can't have the Musashi in its as-built config as it has different AA and secondaries. And if we use the as-sunk config for Musashi, then it is practically the Yamato - the difference will be in name only. It will be a total waste of a historical ship. Plus having Musashi in its as-built config makes sense considering the High School Fleet collaboration is still on-going.

10 hours ago, MatterCore said:

and again Haifuri Collab >>if you want a unique camo for Musashi aka HSF Musashi >> take out your money

For those who don't know, the Musashi in Haifuri is the 1941 version. So it is yet another opportunity for WG to make more money from the collaboration. Offer the Musashi as a Tier 9 Premium ship obtainable via free xp, with the HSF version as a purchasable unique camouflage.

Edited by Thyaliad

346 posts
10,834 battles

Why even bother to Musashi when u already have the great Yamato.

Inb4somebodyclaimmymoneymybusiness

Inb4WGinsertradar,hydro&sortofpremiumstuffdueherpremiumstatus/ggwp

Edited by ArchKongou

[LBAS]
4,574 posts
25,980 battles
10 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

For those who don't know, the Musashi in Haifuri is the 1941 version. So it is yet another opportunity for WG to make more money from the collaboration. Offer the Musashi as a Tier 9 Premium ship obtainable via free xp, with the HSF version as a purchasable unique camouflage.

1 shot hit 2 marks :cap_haloween:

both side win win

Edited by MatterCore

1,110 posts
7,850 battles

Thats quite funny to see Musashi have a tad bit more health than Yamato

Historicly, Mitsubishi Shipyard produce better quality than ships that build in Kure due to superior ship building.

lead of Musashi expedition team that founded by Microsoft co-founder Paul Alen, even mention that Musashi  also have slightly higher Armor to displacement ratio (so, not only supperior build quality, its also better armored than her sister)

Musashi also took more bombs and Torpedoes than Yamato, it even sunk in more glorious end.

but she always overshadowed by her sister that bear the name of the Nation

those 100 more HP seems like slight nod for that trivia.

Beta Tester
213 posts
4,131 battles

Just because CV is nearly extinct that not mean she doesn't need AA (even it useless vs tier 9 CV)

I expect Musashi have better survivability and secondary than Yamato, also as a free exp ship, i wonder WG will give her some thing special just like Missouri and Nelson:cap_yes:

btw, even if Stalingrad is premium ship, it hard to think she will be good money maker, look like she will get same treatment like  CW reward tank in WoT. 

Sign in to follow this