You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ILLBBACK2604

Belfast, Perth and Kutuzov being removed from Premium Shop

23 comments in this topic

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Apart from that, with the release of Update 0.6.12 the cruisers Mikhail Kutuzov and Belfast will be unavailable for purchase in Premium Shops, whereas Perth will not be available for purchase until further notice. This is because those ships turned out to be excessively efficient in certain battle situations. Be mindful, however, that the ships will continue to be available for receipt in containers.

OH NO!!!! MY SALARY HAVEN'T ARRIVED YET 'TIL NEXT WEEK D:

332 posts
7,054 battles

The way the Perth will play now is like a snail leaving a slime trail for people to look at an not use, plus you will get detected while firing. 

349 posts
10,898 battles

Remembering Buyfast, Kutu, Perth, all Britania cruiser, smoke campers BB's & old smoke mechanics.

We have a very good time with u guys, u shall be miss. :(

1,397 posts
9,123 battles

Ok so it seems the Perth will only be obtainable through Supercontainers.

Same for the Kutuzov, as further down it says it can no longer be obtained through the in-game client.

Edit: 

I can't remember. Can the Belfast be bought in the in-game client?

Edited by Thyaliad

332 posts
7,054 battles

My understanding is that Perth will be removed from the shop, and only obtained thru Super Containers. Belfast and Kutuzov will be removed from the shop and will no longer be available for purchase. I'm also reading into it that Kutuzov and Belfast won't be obtainable in Super Containers either.

I will stand to be corrected.

2,258 posts
13,998 battles
17 minutes ago, Kamanah said:

My understanding is that Perth will be removed from the shop, and only obtained thru Super Containers. Belfast and Kutuzov will be removed from the shop and will no longer be available for purchase. I'm also reading into it that Kutuzov and Belfast won't be obtainable in Super Containers either.

I will stand to be corrected.

phew. otherwise this could have been uncomfortable :Smile_teethhappy:

Apart from that, with the release of Update 0.6.12 the cruisers Mikhail Kutuzov and Belfast will be unavailable for purchase in Premium Shops, whereas Perth will not be available for purchase until further notice. This is because those ships turned out to be excessively efficient in certain battle situations. Be mindful, however, that the ships will continue to be available for receipt in containers.

2,258 posts
13,998 battles
48 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Ok so it seems the Perth will only be obtainable through Supercontainers.

Same for the Kutuzov, as further down it says it can no longer be obtained through the in-game client.

Edit: 

I can't remember. Can the Belfast be bought in the in-game client?

no the Belfast isn't in game client. but Kutuzov is so if anyone say wanted to try a premium ship with a 2 month money back policy

85 posts
5 hours ago, Kamanah said:

The way the Perth will play now is like a snail leaving a slime trail for people to look at an not use, plus you will get detected while firing. 

The detection range is 4.5km for Perth main guns in smoke, so basically it needs to be a DD close by to spot her. You still have Torps to 8km to discourage charging CAs and BBs and Hydro to 3.96km for detecting. Use the Spotter Plane to get your guns out 15kms. I think the ship is still viable.

1,397 posts
9,123 battles

WG could have left the ships for sale even after the smoke changes.

The fact that the ships are getting removed from sale shows that WG probably thinks there are too many cruisers sitting in their own smoke and firing HE. Either that or there are further changes planned down the road, and they don't want to put those ships on sale until those are settled.

671 posts
1,509 battles

If I'm not mistaken Belfast and Mikhail will be removed completely, kinda like what they did to the E25(of course it returned for a couple of times but this time they are gone for good) and with what I think Dashing Dasha said the Perth will be removed but will return a couple of times.

332 posts
7,054 battles

I wonder if WG tried out an increase of dispersion while firing into smoke while the ship is detected, and also the same while firing out onto a target. +15% spread in/out of smoke fire. 

Doesn't matter now, they have decided what they want to do.

[_BST_]
25 posts
4,941 battles

So before all  this about the smoke changes happening with this update... they put all these cruisers on sale. So I of course bought the MK. Now it is being removed???

WTF? Shouldn't there be a disclaimer or warning for purchases like these when in the near future they are going to nerf the crap out of the exact ship you are buying? They obviously knew they were doing this! What the hell wargaming???

Beta Tester
630 posts
6,927 battles
21 hours ago, SlamUez said:

Why the removal? 

Will these ships retain their original smoke and features? 

Well my read on this is that they've been thinking of removing the Kutuzov and Belfast for a while, and now is the perfect opportunity for them to do so.

It's a win/win/win/win for WG - they don't actually have to pay out the doubloons they are offering - no one can complain about the ships being 'nerfed' - if people complain about them being OP in the future they can just say that's why they removed them from sale - and they'll also get a nice bump to sales since there are a couple of days between the announcement and the actual removal of the ships for anyone currently on the fence to buy them.

Pretty clever really.

As for the Perth, I'd say they want to see how she goes with the smoke changes so they are removing her temporarily just in case there is an issue.  The bonus being they can bring her back and hopefully get a little bump in sales.

Beta Tester
630 posts
6,927 battles
9 hours ago, humusz said:

7km for MK were quite brutal nerf

though its most op premium in the game, so maybe that was quite fitting ?

It's not great, but as you said the ship was not exactly balanced.  How often do you smoke up within 7km of enemy ships in a Kutuzov anyway?

In terms of brutal nerfs, I don't think any nerf to an individual ship has ever been as brutal as the stealth fire removal to the Blyska.  That thing is a shadow of it's former self now.

268 posts
6,381 battles
20 hours ago, ILLBBACK2604 said:

The detection range is 4.5km for Perth main guns in smoke, so basically it needs to be a DD close by to spot her. You still have Torps to 8km to discourage charging CAs and BBs and Hydro to 3.96km for detecting. Use the Spotter Plane to get your guns out 15kms. I think the ship is still viable.

I tend to drop smoke in the Perth just outside my detection range of 8.1km or if I'm detected by an unspotted DD - it's very rare that I'll be within 4.5km of a ship.

232 posts
1,886 battles

I bought the HMAS Perth for sentimental reasons last weekend. Just started practice with her in Co-Op. No regrets at all as I am just beginning with her, so I will have no preconceived ideas. Hopefully any future changes will not affect her adversely.