You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
legionary2099

Should I sell Miku the kutuzov for doubloons ?

14 comments in this topic

[LNA]
1,697 posts
10,550 battles

WG is offering to sell the Kutuzov for doubloons and shut down selling her for sometimes.

The thing is , Miku dont really fits me as strangely as i feel about playing her.

Before i get IFHE , she feel surreal underpowered to me , i dont know how to play her yet and even now im not that good at playing a cruiser.

It is quite a blast when i do get IFHE (14 pts) , but now , i dont really know. Camping and second line sniping  is not quite my thing. I really like to rush in and do some hurt , then pop smoke to entrench near an island , which is quite not how you use this thing. Therefore after i get Mi Mo and the animu DD , this thing is left in the port.

After 300 battles , i get a subpar 45.92% wr with the thing and damage is only 48,191 average.

This thing becoming a limited ship is conflicting with me having it but not really good with it  and willing to sell it.

So should i just sell the thing and buy another tech tree premium or buy tier X camo ?

Any advice is really apreciated , thank you

Edited by legionary2099

183 posts
3,790 battles

If the ship doesn't click for you, no matter how op it is, you're not getting the best bang for your buck. You could keep it for display purposes but I personally would exchange all premiums ships that I have for doubloons if I don't like them. Nowadays there's no need for a retrainer for each nation anymore due to elite commander exp, so you could even use a T10 for retraining.

[HMASW]
1,558 posts

No!

You can get dubloons at any time, they are removing it from sale, & once its gone its gone....

Just keep it in your port if you dont use it...

Ordrazz

1,386 posts
8,358 battles
3 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

No!

You can get dubloons at any time, they are removing it from sale, & once its gone its gone....

Just keep it in your port if you dont use it...

Ordrazz

Read the patch notes again…

To exchange a ship for Doubloons, sell her and get your Doubloons right in the game client. The exchange option will be available until the release of Update 0.6.14.

They won’t give this option forever, you either sell it in limited time for doubloons or accept the fact that she is nerfed.

IMO the smoke change is probably affecting my Kutuzov play style much, I have been trying to be aggressive and use the smoke to survive near the cap and rip DDs, but as Kutuzov has a rather large punishment, I guess no close up DD support for me…

There is a positive result for the smokespammers, as the BBs are taking heavy punishment, in case of you being forced to smoke without allied DD spotting, it is possible to at least spam the BBs in smoke.

331 posts
7,054 battles

I have MK and Belfast, but i don't think i'll sell them for Doubloons, i mean really you can only buy ships that were considered more inferior to MK and Belfast originally, so why bother? Plus if they are going to pull the 3 ships from the store, at least we have the nostalgia factor of them. Now if they were going to do an actual money refund, then i'll consider it.

Sad to see Premium ships getting this treatment. Not that it matters to the "powers that be", but i'll be closing my wallet for a while, but the purchases have already been done - so i guess WG is happy about that.... Right?

Edited by Kamanah

333 posts
17,260 battles

Well I was sitting on the fence for the Kutuzov and the last time something like this happened with the kamizkae clones i kinda regeted not getting one of them. So I bought the MK have the other 2 and iI am looking for  a new ships so why not  the Mk now.

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,240 battles

So with the smoke changes, all cruisers and destroyers that relied on dealing damage by firing out of smoke - that will change, i.e. they will be detecable at a shorter range?
So the MK is being nerfed but solely due to the overall smoke changes.

Does this mean that shooting from smoke can still happen, you just cannot rely on pure invisibility  any more?

Will this be a big game changer to how the MK plays? Will she be a poor performer now?

Tee

[LNA]
1,697 posts
10,550 battles
14 minutes ago, admiral_tee said:

So with the smoke changes, all cruisers and destroyers that relied on dealing damage by firing out of smoke - that will change, i.e. they will be detecable at a shorter range?
So the MK is being nerfed but solely due to the overall smoke changes.

Does this mean that shooting from smoke can still happen, you just cannot rely on pure invisibility  any more?

Will this be a big game changer to how the MK plays? Will she be a poor performer now?

Tee

It just mean that she should be even further back and pop smoke where DD cant touch her , which dont really sit well with me as I usually like to push to 12-15km away from enemy BB and start spamming behind an island.

Too passive , no adrenaline YOLO rush for me .

Thats why i feel contradicting between keeping or selling it

If i do sell it , i can convert it to free exp musashi if she come as a Free exp pinata. Shes worth around 385k free exp

Edited by legionary2099

[STUN]
[STUN]
79 posts
2,208 battles
4 hours ago, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

Read the patch notes again…

To exchange a ship for Doubloons, sell her and get your Doubloons right in the game client. The exchange option will be available until the release of Update 0.6.14.

They won’t give this option forever, you either sell it in limited time for doubloons or accept the fact that she is nerfed.

IMO the smoke change is probably affecting my Kutuzov play style much, I have been trying to be aggressive and use the smoke to survive near the cap and rip DDs, but as Kutuzov has a rather large punishment, I guess no close up DD support for me…

There is a positive result for the smokespammers, as the BBs are taking heavy punishment, in case of you being forced to smoke without allied DD spotting, it is possible to at least spam the BBs in smoke.

think he's saying that you can purchase doubloons at anytime but the ship won't be a round for long

1,386 posts
8,358 battles
38 minutes ago, mitts said:

think he's saying that you can purchase doubloons at anytime but the ship won't be a round for long

Ah…yeah… Misinterpreted his sentence… must have been my lack of sleep last night…

18 posts
1,821 battles

If you live in Australia/Austria then I assume a full cash refund as per our laws is on offer?, you cannot sell a product then change it and offer a different product in its place, if I want gold I will buy it, not be tricked into it by  being told I can have something then it being changed.

We have been through this with WOT already and its why prems don't get nerfed.

And no, the eula does not override our laws.

But I guess in the end it will go ahead no dramas, just means you would have to be pretty optimistic  to buy another ship ever again knowing it will be nerfed once it has milked some cash, stupid move WOWS.

[SEARN]
537 posts
8,130 battles
On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:18 AM, legionary2099 said:

WG is offering to sell the Kutuzov for doubloons and shut down selling her for sometimes.

The thing is , Miku dont really fits me as strangely as i feel about playing her.

Before i get IFHE , she feel surreal underpowered to me , i dont know how to play her yet and even now im not that good at playing a cruiser.

It is quite a blast when i do get IFHE (14 pts) , but now , i dont really know. Camping and second line sniping  is not quite my thing. I really like to rush in and do some hurt , then pop smoke to entrench near an island , which is quite not how you use this thing. Therefore after i get Mi Mo and the animu DD , this thing is left in the port.

After 300 battles , i get a subpar 45.92% wr with the thing and damage is only 48,191 average.

This thing becoming a limited ship is conflicting with me having it but not really good with it  and willing to sell it.

So should i just sell the thing and buy another tech tree premium or buy tier X camo ?

Any advice is really apreciated , thank you

Yes. Sell it right now. Don't think, just sell.

One less of the buggers that anyone will have to face.

BTW I'm keeping mine. :Smile_hiding: Can't remember ever smoking up at under 12kms from nearest enemy ship anyway. Don't think nerfs will affect her much. Will still be a very stronk Russian ship.