Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ryoukuyashu

Over Power Torpode 1 Hit Destroy Battleship

31 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
20 posts
1,029 battles

i just wanna ask about how much hit point when 1 torpedo hit hull of battleship. cause when i playing, i get 1 hit from torpedo and destroy my shit *btw my ship is Kongo*

Beta Tester
856 posts
746 battles

i just wanna ask about how much hit point when 1 torpedo hit hull of battleship. cause when i playing, i get 1 hit from torpedo and destroy my shit *btw my ship is Kongo*

any screenie to confirm of even an ounce of what you're saying?

:honoring:

Beta Tester
20 posts
290 battles

Please, people have been 1 shotted by CANNONS and they're in tier V and VI cruisers. 

Cannon salvos with AP + critical hit and plunging fire is almost as OP as shimakaze's torps.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

probably the torpedo hits one of the turret's magazine room, quite possible..... but not often happens.

If often happens, then.... torpedo need to be rework due to imbalance.

Edited by Mingfang47

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Yeah. probably a citadel crit resulting in an ammo detonation. Unlucky but possible.

I've got quite a few torpedo deaths in the Kongo, but most of the time it takes multiple repeated hits to kill it. I've never died to one torpedo before. 3 was the fewest that took me down.

Beta Tester
856 posts
746 battles

I see ships that are one-shotted by main guns (especially BB guns).......

but a single torp manages to destroy a BB? kek haven't seen one

(unless if what these guys mentioned above this post is applied)

:honoring:

Beta Tester
2 posts
1,455 battles

It took only two torpedoes to sink Kongo historically sooo...

by the way there are cases when your client incorrectly shows that you dodged a torpedo but actually getting hit server-side due to lag.

I've seen at least two times when client rendered that I missed torpedo for like 5 meters but the message in right top corner saying that I really managed to hit it.

Beta Tester
823 posts
4,972 battles

Sounds like an ammo rack thing.  BB's can weather more than a single crummy torp.  Usually survive 3-5 depending on HP and if you use the recovery skill as well a it's location.

Beta Tester
2,718 posts
1,988 battles

Just look at what happened to the Hood

Thats an Artillery shell.

Gotta be ammo rack. Usually they did around 4000~6000 damage per hit only. Mid-tier BB can take about 7~8 Torpedo, High tiers even over 10. One-shot rarely happens.

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

Taihou was sunk by one torpedo in real life. (Due to poor damage control)

1 torpedo sinking a BB is due to the torpedo hitting the ammo magazine of your ship, rare but it can happen.

Edited by Windforce

Beta Tester
7 posts

Yes, torps need a huge nerf. They are doing massive amounts of damage to everything. It's not fun being on the receiving end of being one shot a lot of the time since you cannot avoid them half of the time in Battleships. I see them coming but still cannot avoid them.

Beta Tester
282 posts
12 battles

Taihou was sunk by one torpedo in real life. (Due to poor damage control)

1 torpedo sinking a BB is due to the torpedo hitting the ammo magazine of your ship, rare but it can happen.

Well yeah in reality its possible to miraculously hit the ammo portion of the ship,

but i don't think the same thing applies in game, for the sake of balancing. 

But its possible if the BB is already in a very bad condition that one torp can easil destroy it

Beta Tester
3 posts
56 battles

I've been one shotted once... i was dodging all of this guy's torpedoes left and right and then one lucky hit at the stern insta killed me for 40k+ hp plus a damaged steering gear. I was in a Fusou iirc, if not, a Kongou.

That's totally [Redacted].:izmena:

Profanity removed. User warned.

~Centurion_NZ

Edited by Centurion_NZ

Beta Tester
148 posts
7 battles

I've been one shotted once... i was dodging all of this guy's torpedoes left and right and then one lucky hit at the stern insta killed me for 40k+ hp plus a damaged steering gear. I was in a Fusou iirc, if not, a Kongou.

That's totally [Redacted].:izmena:

latest?cb=20150102035116

You should just give this thread a rest it deserved. But you had to necro it. No single torpedo can 1 shot a BB. 1 shotting a DD, of course, CL, maybe. Anything above it you will need a salvo.

Quote updated

~Centurion_NZ

Edited by Centurion_NZ

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

This is more of an arcade game not a simulator.

Yeah, we're lucky it is. Torpedoes are a LOT more deadly than they're depicted in this game.

Alpha Tester
523 posts
217 battles

Yeah, we're lucky it is. Torpedoes are a LOT more deadly than they're depicted in this game.

And a lot more RNG prone as well. RL torps wouldnt necessarily swim straight, fuse failures were relatively common on several models and BBs anti torpedo bulges could on occasion heavily nullify the damage a torpedo did.

Beta Tester
3 posts
56 battles

latest?cb=20150102035116

You should just give this thread a rest it deserved. But you had to necro it. No single torpedo can 1 shot a BB. 1 shotting a DD, of course, CL, maybe. Anything above it you will need a salvo.

Quote updated

~Centurion_NZ

I'm serious though. One torpedo hit me on the stern while i was turning and it killed me. Seriously.

If a dev could clarify...

Edited by M1saki

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

But IRL torpedoes were alot harder to drop close to a target, which was why long-lances were so deadly, long range and near "silent".

Sign in to follow this