Bengal_Tiger23

Managing comanders - Tech line/country?

9 comments in this topic

230 posts
1,866 battles

Hi guys,

Some questions regarding the above.

1/. How many co.'s would you suggest I keep for each Tech Tree line and Country line?

2/. If I move a co to another ship can I move him back again without retraining?

The main case in point, is my commander in the Warspite who has completed Level 6 and is well on his way to level 7. I am very close to researching and purchasing the Queen Elizabeth which I wish to keep. I would like to be able to switch this co between the 2 ships. An expensive exercise.

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Alex

B_T23

Edited by Bengal_Tiger23

173 posts
5,332 battles

Basically you would want 1 captain to go up to T10. Then keep at least 2 10pt+ captain for ships you would want to keep (for the ships you love and for low-tier ships for credit-grinding)

Only premium ships have the benefit of non-training when transferring commanders. This is the reason why you don't need a  dedicated captain for a premium ship. You just get the captain from your silver ship and he will function with all of his skills without the need for retraining. SInce you have Warspite, I suggest you transfer her captain to your QE. Then transfer it back to Warspite until he is fully trained. Then move it back to QE. You have a fully trained commander for your QE and you can freely transfer him to your Warspite without retraining.

230 posts
1,866 battles

High KristieBeau

Thankyou for your reply. I will arrange my commanders now with confidence. I will concentrate on a few commanders in each line. 

Many thanks. :Smile_Default:

Alex

B_T23

Edited by Bengal_Tiger23

Super Tester
7,736 posts
8,031 battles

Hey there @Bengal_Tiger23

KirstieBeau covered it all. Just wanna give you some heads up.

1. As many as you can. But it's not easy due to limited port slots for ships and spaces for captains. However, you can buy them with doubloons, get them for free from containers and mission rewards. I have 146 ships right now and over 200 captains.

2. You can only move captains back and forth from and to premium ships. Every time you want to put your captain on a tech tree ship that he was not trained for, you need to retrain. But not necessary for premium ships. For IJN tech tree, if you happen to have ARP ships, which I doubt, you can treat them as premium ships as well. (You may have the dragon ships).

Every time you need to retrain a captain for a tech tree ship, you can spend 500 doubloons for insta retrain, which I don't recommend unless its a very high tier captain like 17 point+. Or, spend 20000 credits for half retrain. You can use your premium ships for the rest of retrain as Kristie described above. If you plan to keep QE and plan to play her even after you get the tier 7 BB, you may either need to assign a new captain to QE (which I'd recommend) and move the captain to KGV, or keep the captain on QE and build a new one for KGV (using your warspite may be, but it's tiresome and you need better captains for higher tier ships).

6 posts

Hi @Bengal_Tiger23

Another thing about retraining I suggest that you to grind your commander to lvl 19 and put the commander on your favorite ship, in that way he will be earning some Elite commander XP that can be used for retraining, and for skill reset. BTW in transferring commander you can choose Free xp, Doubloon and Elite commander XP as a payment for commander retraining. I hope this helps, If you have any problems or concerns on World of warship you can always send us a message and we will be glad to write back.

230 posts
1,866 battles

Hi Guy's and gals,

Please forgive my laxness in replying. Lol been a bit busy playing WoWs.

Hi icy. I have started to get things down pat, "For the most part," with managing my commanders. With the special offers I have picked up a Number of commanders of level 10 and 6. This is most helpful. My German commander is well on the way to being a level 14 commander. I am reserving him for the Bismarck when I get to her from the tech tree. My Q/E, Warspite co is on his way to level 13 and good fun those 2 ships are. Yes I have the ED and have used it just recently, but the ship, Although a fine in game ship, is now hidden in the carousel as it is not really my cup of tea. Its co has been moved to the Ishizuchi and the Mutsu. I may reserve him for the Kongo.

Hi d_m_w. Lol so true. They also forget how too shoot straight. Doh.

HI mariamaayo, Yes I saw that in a You tube vid just recently. So I am working hard to that level with my German co. Mind you, now that I have the Mighty Mo, I will have to do that with one of my US level 10 captains as well. Naturally in co-op of course, I don't want to go blundering around in Random Battles just yet.

Thankyou for all your kind reply's.

Fair Seas all.

Alex

B_T23

5 posts
751 battles

Newbee here.. i have a little concern about captain specialization like the image below, it says that the captain specialization is GALLANT, here's my question. if i put that capatin to BB HOOD ship is there any penalty or downside or CONS since the captain specialization is DD GALLANT or nothing will happen... thank you...

Capture.PNG

Super Tester
7,736 posts
8,031 battles
4 hours ago, Homunculi said:

Newbee here.. i have a little concern about captain specialization like the image below, it says that the captain specialization is GALLANT, here's my question. if i put that capatin to BB HOOD ship is there any penalty or downside or CONS since the captain specialization is DD GALLANT or nothing will happen... thank you...

Capture.PNG

Already you got answers in other threads, however, Gallant and Hood requires very different kind of builds, so I don't think this is very helpful even when you can transfer without any penalty.