Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HobartAWD

WG please give WOWS smarter MM like WOT

13 comments in this topic

[SEARN]
514 posts
8,011 battles

Interesting news from WOT is they are getting a smarter MM from 9.20.1. Details are in the link below.

https://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/general-news/update-920-1-matchmaker-improvements/

The abbreviated version is this: "Along with balancing teams by vehicle classes (artillery, light tanks, and tank destroyers) and Platoons, the matchmaker now looks into the intended roles each tank plays in combat and ensures each side has a similar number of vehicles that play the same role. Of course, their exact number might differ, but this difference is one vehicle at the most."

Any merit to this idea being carried over to WOWS to stop the imbalance of radar ships or hydro ships etc etc per team, to make each side more fairly balanced not only by tiers but by ship abilities? What are your thoughts?

205 posts
11,824 battles

I don't think population is the problem here.
If they don't implement that "Better MM" from WoT into WoWS. Nothing will ever change at all.
Don't you get tired of seeing nothing but ships with 1 or 2 tiers higher than you or even worse you are the only bottom tier in that match.

I'm fine with fair amount of "Mid tier" ships and less amount of "Top tier" ships when I'm "bottom tier" because I know atleast for that situation I know there's more ship I can take my chance with.
Its not like skill based MM where it has to put amount of afford to match up players stats with other players. For this one all it does is destribute fair amount of ships for Top, Mid and bottom tiers.

What could happen next is player population distributed across all tiers instead of cramped up at one tier.

The worst possible situation here is just every match you play, you're not "Mid tier" nor "Bottom tier" a consecutive match of no tiers advantage.
However current Pref MM for tier 1-4 could be a big obstacle for this to make it through since nobody wants their "Low tier" ships to get stomped by tier 5-7.

65 posts
8,500 battles

I also think this news interesting.

This revision will equalize the "unit" and "Tire" that the player treats.

I want this revision to be a match-make system considering the player's "winning percentage" and "skill" if it is possible.

Players of "poor skill" are unilaterally defeated by "excellent" players.

There are few who can learn from having been overthrown by an overwhelming difference.

(I do not think that a professional boxer and a high school club player can compete equally because of the same weight.)

I think that the improvement of the skill of the player starts from fighting the equal person.

I think it is difficult to learn from a unilateral defeat or victory.

Why did this happen? The game is over before you can understand.

It will be very difficult to remember the overwhelming moment.

(this sentence is converted from Japanese to English by automatic translation.) )

[NYANG]
454 posts
5,926 battles
37 minutes ago, K135Blitzkrieg said:

I see the title, and i'm getting confused:cap_wander:

> WoT

> smarter MM

Choose one

"Smart MM like WOT"

So the answer is smarter MM

[151ST]
1,026 posts
4,629 battles

The only thing they need to add to MM is radar balancing.

Getting into a T10 match and we have 3 Zaos and they have 2 DAM and a Moskva makes it a very hard time for our DDs...

Super Tester
2,725 posts
21 hours ago, HobartAWD said:

stop the imbalance of radar ships or hydro ships etc etc per team, to make each side more fairly balanced not only by tiers but by ship abilities?

I wish they fix the radar & hydro scanning pattern first, making them futile to scan behind an island because I find it somewhat illogical. That's my only concern in every match, not the numbers. So players can be worry-free about the so called ridiculous number & worry more on how the opponent deploy his radar scan to detect you.

What exactly is ship abilities in the game? 

Edited by Mingfang47

[SEARN]
514 posts
8,011 battles
1 minute ago, Mingfang47 said:

I wish they fix the radar & hydro scanning pattern first, making them futile to scan behind an island because I find it somewhat illogical. That's my only concern in every match, not the numbers. So players can be worry-free about the so called ridiculous number & worry more on how the opponent deploy his radar scan to detect you.

Reveal hidden contents

What exactly is ship abilities in the game? 

I agree. Playing smart and hiding effectively in a DD or light cruiser should not IMHO be punished by radar and hydro that can see through solid objects like islands. If your caught by radar or hydro in the open or in smoke that is where you should be punished.

Other illogical things in my opinion are AA fire going through islands and of course dual purpose guns being able to fire at ships and AA at the same time.

Ship abilities as mentioned like radar and hydro. Some ships have them some don't. Not only MM by tier but by what advantages a certain ship gives a team.

1,539 posts

What I find extremely frustrating, is that the stupid spawn points for the larger tier ships, they all spawn together, when its mixed tier, as I seem to be always spawning opposite to the enemy large tier eg. I'm in Texas, divved with a konig, so directly opposite on the enemy side, is a Colorado & king George...

Same happens on the other side of the map.....

& I've been coming across it all day for the last 2 days & my clan mates have been finding it has been happen I g for longer.....

Now, I'm not really moaning about coming up against higher tiers, but why do they all (higher tiers) have to spawn right next to each other, can't they be dispersed??? 

Its been like "OK, 2 or 3 t7s or t8s on the left hand side, they are going to belt us t5 or t6 up, so run for it.... They continue pushing, we run (well my team does) so no cover for anyone trying to fight.... Us lower tiers get knocked off (we wanted lower tiers that's why we in low tier ship), then we get smashed....

Meanwhile, on the other side, our higher tier ships smash the enemy lower ships, then just sit there on the wrong side because nothing to shoot at.....

Go figure...

Ordrazz

Edited by Ordrazz

[MEGA]
4,654 posts
17,883 battles
7 minutes ago, Ordrazz said:

What I find extremely frustrating, is that the stupid spawn points for the larger tier ships, they all spawn together, when its mixed tier, as I seem to be always spawning opposite to the enemy large tier eg. I'm in Texas, divved with a konig, so directly opposite on the enemy side, is a Colorado & king George...

Same happens on the other side of the map.....

& I've been coming across it all day for the last 2 days & my clan mates have been finding it has been happen I g for longer.....

Now, I'm not really moaning about coming up against higher tiers, but why do they all (higher tiers) have to spawn right next to each other, can't they be dispersed??? 

Its been like "OK, 2 or 3 t7s or t8s on the left hand side, they are going to belt us t5 or t6 up, so run for it.... They continue pushing, we run (well my team does) so no cover for anyone trying to fight.... Us lower tiers get knocked off (we wanted lower tiers that's why we in low tier ship), then we get smashed....

Meanwhile, on the other side, our higher tier ships smash the enemy lower ships, then just sit there on the wrong side because nothing to shoot at.....

Go figure...

Ordrazz

mirror spawning, go figure, this is cuz divs are a thing and the game spawns them next to each other, so out of 12 ships from a +/-2 tier bracket 3 of the same has already spawned in on the same side, that's usually why this happenes

Sign in to follow this