You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Audacious

Reload booster=New consumable?

23 comments in this topic

69 posts
3,881 battles

I just watched PTS video of the Halloween event and saw the new consumable on the Halloween ship. The reload booster.

For those of you who doesn’t know what it does. It reduces your reload by 50% and allows your ship to recover HP based on the damage dealt for 60 seconds of active time.

And I am beginning to suspect that WG might want to use this for the new upcoming ships. I personally wouldn’t mind having it on a French BB instead of the standard heal cuz BB reload is slow and would end up just firing 2-3salvos before ir runs out.

I think it might be an interesting difference for the French BB. If WG happens to use it for the tech tree

[MEGA]
4,669 posts
17,947 battles
57 minutes ago, HMS_Audacious said:

I just watched PTS video of the Halloween event and saw the new consumable on the Halloween ship. The reload booster.

For those of you who doesn’t know what it does. It reduces your reload by 50% and allows your ship to recover HP based on the damage dealt for 60 seconds of active time.

And I am beginning to suspect that WG might want to use this for the new upcoming ships. I personally wouldn’t mind having it on a French BB instead of the standard heal cuz BB reload is slow and would end up just firing 2-3salvos before ir runs out.

I think it might be an interesting difference for the French BB. If WG happens to use it for the tech tree

autoloaders, gib gib

69 posts
3,881 battles
58 minutes ago, Pervis117 said:

Strongly hoping this is a PvE specific consumable which will never make it to PvP. The last thing we need is rapid fire BBs v:(

I think it will depend on the design of the ship that has it. But it will be quite scary to see 15 inch + multiple saloves fired in just 60 seconds.

69 posts
3,881 battles
32 minutes ago, Harpoon01 said:

it is called Vampiric dmg duh

ofc it is only Halloween stuff

I know it is but it has been hiding in the dummy data of the game client for quite a few patchs and I strongly suspect that they might bring it up for normal tech trees in the future.

1,386 posts
8,341 battles
3 hours ago, Pervis117 said:

Strongly hoping this is a PvE specific consumable which will never make it to PvP. The last thing we need is rapid fire BBs v:(

"The least thing we need is blah blah BBs"

yeah all the same damn old rant again

Now imagine this

If the French T9-10 BB don’t have the third slot, instead has a consumable that accelerates reload by 12% (the same as a reload module), do you think this is OP? Or shall we say a reload consumable -20% reload but replaces the repair party, OP?

1,386 posts
8,341 battles
1 hour ago, Harpoon01 said:

it is called Vampiric dmg duh

ofc it is only Halloween stuff

Remember we had a Wakatake with repair party last year? *Looks at Khabarovsk*

WG was trying to test the feasibility of some ideas last year, and I guess they will do they same for this year.

288 posts
24,001 battles

You've missed the point altogether.

My reservation is not that such a thing might make French BBs OP, but that its another gimmick based tech tree line which has no semblance of consistency within its own class. 

Which skews game balance even further and makes the outcome of battle even more dependent on the ship choices of your Random team mates. This erodes the extent to which skill determines the outcome of a game. This game doesn't need more volatility, it needs more balance and consistency.

1,386 posts
8,341 battles
7 minutes ago, Pervis117 said:

You've missed the point altogether.

My reservation is not that such a thing might make French BBs OP, but that its another gimmick based tech tree line which has no semblance of consistency within its own class. 

Which skews game balance even further and makes the outcome of battle even more dependent on the ship choices of your Random team mates. This erodes the extent to which skill determines the outcome of a game. This game doesn't need more volatility, it needs more balance and consistency.

Remember this is a game WG trying to make profit out of. If a line does not have anything special, it won’t attract people to free XP it. So if I copy-paste a Montana, reduce its turret transverse to 40sec/180deg, and increase its rudder shift by 0.2sec, it is "balanced" and "consistent", and "skill" determines its "outcome"

Does that make sense to you? Will that make people free XP it and allow WG to earn $$$? Can that attract navy enthusiasts join the game?

Having special features does not mean it won’t take skills to work. The RN CL line is very unique in many ways, but it still takes heavy effort to learn and only skilled can make high WR out of it.

288 posts
24,001 battles

You've now responded to missing my point altogether to advocating ideas objectively bad for the gaming experience. Having people free xp their way to Tx on a new ship line is awful for everyone in that person's team. The whole point of grinding a line is to get experience in how those ships perform and to improve how you play them. A Tx player who has zero idea how his ship works because he spent 1 mill free xp to get it being on your team while his Tx counterpart on the enemy team has a good mastery of his ship is often a guarantee that my team is skrewed. 

WG have a lot of avenues of income from this game such as premium ships, premium times, credit sales, etc. If you're suggesting that they need to encourage the above scenario to stay profitable, I'd both disagree with and look down on both the argument as well the premise behind.

My point regarding the need for consistency has zero correlation with whether gimmick ships need skill to play or not. Whether it needs skill to play or not, the extent to which the outcome is predetermined by team mates ship choices is significantly increased when you add more gimmicky ship lines.

1,386 posts
8,341 battles
2 hours ago, Pervis117 said:

You've now responded to missing my point altogether to advocating ideas objectively bad for the gaming experience. Having people free xp their way to Tx on a new ship line is awful for everyone in that person's team. The whole point of grinding a line is to get experience in how those ships perform and to improve how you play them. A Tx player who has zero idea how his ship works because he spent 1 mill free xp to get it being on your team while his Tx counterpart on the enemy team has a good mastery of his ship is often a guarantee that my team is skrewed. 

WG have a lot of avenues of income from this game such as premium ships, premium times, credit sales, etc. If you're suggesting that they need to encourage the above scenario to stay profitable, I'd both disagree with and look down on both the argument as well the premise behind.

My point regarding the need for consistency has zero correlation with whether gimmick ships need skill to play or not. Whether it needs skill to play or not, the extent to which the outcome is predetermined by team mates ship choices is significantly increased when you add more gimmicky ship lines.

Most people who free XP the whole line are having at least average skill, and know what they are doing. At least they have that 100K to be converted to free XP. Do not assume that every skilled player you meet had grind their line while the noobs all used 100,000 free XP.

Premium account doubloons premium ships, they all serve the same main purpose: to make the grind easier. And before baiting players into ease their grind, WG will need to bait players into grind that line.

And like I stated in my previous reply, the RN CL line has two unique consumables, a special AP and special torp release mechanism, but the player still need skills, not simply ship selection, to win games.

[MEGA]
4,669 posts
17,947 battles
40 minutes ago, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

Most people who free XP the whole line are having at least average skill, and know what they are doing. At least they have that 100K to be converted to free XP. Do not assume that every skilled player you meet had grind their line while the noobs all used 100,000 free XP.

Premium account doubloons premium ships, they all serve the same main purpose: to make the grind easier. And before baiting players into ease their grind, WG will need to bait players into grind that line.

And like I stated in my previous reply, the RN CL line has two unique consumables, a special AP and special torp release mechanism, but the player still need skills, not simply ship selection, to win games.

*looks at minotaur stats*

*insert generic stat shameing*

*insert more generic statshameing*

*gid gud*

*ships blanced blah blah*

*gib meh more gimmics*

nah, just kidding

288 posts
24,001 battles
1 hour ago, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

My point regarding the need for consistency has zero correlation with whether gimmick ships need skill to play or not. 

*Missing the point altogether intensifies in the background*

We shall resume this conversation when you've brushed up on your reading comprehension. 

1,386 posts
8,341 battles
13 hours ago, Pervis117 said:

*Missing the point altogether intensifies in the background*

We shall resume this conversation when you've brushed up on your reading comprehension. 

21 hours ago, Pervis117 said:

This erodes the extent to which skill determines the outcome of a game.

Forgetting what you said earlier? Trying to hide your own lack of logical argument by "blah you missed the point"?

288 posts
24,001 battles

I get it, you've equated one my earlier statements about how skill effects the result of a game with the skill it needs to play a gimmick ship line. Those statements are not correlated either. You see, the same word can be used in a different context in different statements. 

To explain in terms even easier to comprehend - a gimmick ship line may require skill to use, but this doesn't change the fact that many gimmick shiplines make the outcome of Random games more dependent on MM and less dependent on the skills of people playing the game. 

All of which has nothing to do with your initial reply to me about how I was complaining about French BBs potentially being OP, which of course I was not. Your reading comprehension is pretty poor.

Edited by Pervis117

1,386 posts
8,341 battles
6 minutes ago, Pervis117 said:

I get it, you've equated one my earlier statements about how skill effects the result of a game with the skill it needs to play a gimmick ship line. Those statements are not correlated either. You see, the same word can be used in a different context in different statements. 

To explain in terms even easier to comprehend - a gimmick ship line may require skill to use, but this doesn't change the fact that many gimmick shiplines make the outcome of Random games more dependent on MM and less dependent on the skills of people playing the game. 

All of which has nothing to do with your initial reply to me about how I was complaining about French BBs potentially being OP, which of course I was not. Your reading comprehension is pretty poor.

How is a fast loader consumable going to cause the so called winning dependent on MM? My proposal earlier include this one

22 hours ago, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

If the French T9-10 BB don’t have the third slot, instead has a consumable that accelerates reload by 12% (the same as a reload module), do you think this is OP? 

Is there a logical link between having this consumable but not a RoF module and result being dependent on MM?

While this setup may not be able to lure many people into grinding the line, being less unique than KM or RN BB, but at least it isn’t a Prinz/Hipper

And aside from ship selection, how each ship was built also affects the result. I’m pretty sure when both side are properly supported, a unicum driving a Shimakaze that does not have any concealment upgrade will certainly lose a cap battle to a rather good Shimakaze with full concealment.

288 posts
24,001 battles

That suggestion skews the balance the other way and makes the ship a weaker line. 

If both RoF buffs are 12 % but one is permanent while the other is a usable consumable, thats an objectively weaker ship. Not to mention one with far fewer options to customize to your game play style since not everyone prefers to spec RoF in the 3m credit upgrade slot. I personally prefer accuracy or AA depending on the BB.

1,386 posts
8,341 battles
15 minutes ago, Pervis117 said:

That suggestion skews the balance the other way and makes the ship a weaker line. 

If both RoF buffs are 12 % but one is permanent while the other is a usable consumable, thats an objectively weaker ship. Not to mention one with far fewer options to customize to your game play style since not everyone prefers to spec RoF in the 3m credit upgrade slot. I personally prefer accuracy or AA depending on the BB.

Did I say anything about the reload of the consumable? Now if it has 120sec active and 45/30sec reload, unlimited use, is that weaker? It leaves a few salvoes with standard reload, while not having the transverse penalty of RoF module.

And we can implement other slot 3 upgrades in similar way, instead of a one time cost upgrade, using consumables can take away smaller bits of credits each game. Breaks even at 133 games.

Also for the topic of customizing play style, Khaba now has a heal that allows player to totally neglect their DD responsibility but being better at going solo, doing damage while survive. This is an option, but also a gimmick consumable.

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08