You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PGM991

World of Warplane 2.0 : a new hope

36 comments in this topic

1,140 posts

sorry for off topic of WoWs, but I use to talk about WoWP in here and it's fine so... yeah... i'll pose it here

just look at this~~~~

I love a plane game and a fan of 'Ace combat' series

and I use to try 'world of warplane' original ..... and control schematics is disaster back than.

however, this new version control seem to be more friendly than old one and easy to familiar with.

if it's really came out, I'll eager to try

Edited by PGM991

1,391 posts
9,099 battles

I have just watched Jingles' video on it too.

Now I have never tried the old WoWP, but it seems this new version solves a lot of problems that the old one had. And considering that new conquest mode has respawns, I am honestly quite intrigued.

I wouldn't mind giving this a shot if this got released for the Asia server, because that's where my Premium time is. 

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
976 posts
5,739 battles

Not likely to ever see it on Asia. unless there is a numbers explosion on NA (can't see that happening). Most of the guys who have stayed with the game are up in arms about the dumbing down of the game. I will be giving it a try once my premium time here runs out. It was always just a bit of fun on the side kind of game to me. interesting to see how 2.0 feels as I have played all the earlier updates.

Super Tester
3,923 posts
4,198 battles

I think WG are trying to revive something that is long dead and should remain buried.  I played WOWP on my NA account and it was atrocious. I would be happy to have my mind changed but I find that WT just offers a better flight game that WG ever can. 

Super Tester
1,177 posts
4,109 battles

I don't see myself playing WoWP on the NA server, because my premium time isn't unified with my WoT/WoWS account on Asia server. If they brought WoWP to this server, I wouldn't mind giving it a try.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

i will just wait patiently

the lag and ping in warthunder is quite bad to the point it become a meme (Gaijined)

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Should be on Off-topic section but you already posted it in General Discussion instead lol

On-topic, not sure I want to install WoWp on my Game Center. I have limited free time of the late.

Edited by Mingfang47

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
976 posts
5,739 battles

Played a few games. not really sure if I like the new 2.0, but for new players it looks easy to pickup. My god like Wirraway felt like a brick (I will miss her), but my Boomerang was fun. If it turns well you will have fun, The 'boom and zoom' seem dead (but not sure yet).

Still not sure what to make of it :cap_hmm:

Oh and all my stats and medals are gone from in game profile :Smile_ohmy:

Edited by BigWaveSurfer

[SEARN]
528 posts
8,099 battles

Can someone who has tried the new Warplanes 2.0 offer some advice as to whether NA or EU would be the way to go as far as ping is concerned. I know it differs ISP to ISP but surely one would be generally better than another.

I'm keen to give it a try once I know which is the better server to go with. Flight Lieutenant Jingles gives it a thumbs up, so that's good enough for me. :cap_like:

Beta Tester
1,172 posts
7,727 battles

I get about 280ms ping to NA server (from Victoria, Australia). The game must have some sort of lag compensation, though, because it still plays very smoothly. I can zip around and shoot down enemy planes without any noticeable lag interference. It's surprisingly fun, even if I don't have much of an idea about what I'm shipposed supposed to do yet.

Asia server would still be nice, though.

Beta Tester
213 posts
4,131 battles

I play it sometime since CB, it actually getting better and better every time i back, it ok to play but hard to compare with "that" game, at least i respect dev team don't give up  and keep it alive until now.

May be i would try it again now, but.....NA server and that freaking AGG break again, so may be later...:Smile_facepalm:

[SEARN]
528 posts
8,099 battles
1 hour ago, Unraveler said:

I get about 280ms ping to NA server (from Victoria, Australia). The game must have some sort of lag compensation, though, because it still plays very smoothly. I can zip around and shoot down enemy planes without any noticeable lag interference. It's surprisingly fun, even if I don't have much of an idea about what I'm shipposed supposed to do yet.

Asia server would still be nice, though.

Ok thanks. Doesn't sound too bad really. I'm getting nearly that sometimes here playing WOWS on the SEA server.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
976 posts
5,739 battles

Most of my old 'go to planes' are not so good, but my old Boomerang is kicking butt (before she was a hard plane to fight in because of attitude). 'Boom and zoom' just doesn't seem to really work anymore.

Edited by BigWaveSurfer

Beta Tester
1,172 posts
7,727 battles

Wargaming NA just gave me four Premium planes for free: XF4F-3 Wildcat <IV>, A6M3 Zero (exp.) <V>, Hurricane IID <V>, and Yak-3RD <VII>. The activation codes were in a couple of WoWP 2.0 promotional emails that I nearly ignored!

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
976 posts
5,739 battles
13 minutes ago, Unraveler said:

Wargaming NA just gave me four Premium planes for free: XF4F-3 Wildcat <IV>, A6M3 Zero (exp.) <V>, Hurricane IID <V>, and Yak-3RD <VII>. The activation codes were in a couple of WoWP 2.0 promotional emails that I nearly ignored!

Great fine mate, would give you plus 100 if I could :Smile_great:

Beta Tester
823 posts
5,000 battles

Well 1 win 8 losses. I've never been anything other than #1 or #2 on my team. usually when I'm #1 my XP is greater than the next 3 players combined.

Sure feels like a WG game in that regard lol.

Literally have no idea what im doing but seem to be doing better than everyone else on my team.

1,140 posts

I start play now at NA server name 'PGM991' as in this game

my cheap pc joysitck not as smooth/sensitive as ps3, ps4 joy, so I need some time to adapt a bit

there's still so many thing I have to learn but overall... it's fun

I'm only tier 1, just go slow and learn thing 1 thing at a time.