Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LordTyphoon

Why nerf the conqueror?

23 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
980 posts
12,614 battles

Ive seen the arguments for nerfing the conqueror, and quite frankly I think they are wrong. 

 

Regarding he videos posted by CCs - of course they only show games where RNG has been very favourable to them in starting fires. Most battleships can start this many fires when they fire HE all game, the Conqueror isn't really that special. 

 

Sitting back and spamming HE is not going to win the Conqueror any games - while it does a lot of damage it does not influence the game as much as a DD or a CA. Therefore it is not effective. 

 

The Conqueror needs an armour buff - they are too easy to kill with HE and AP! Even with the super heal the a Conqueror can't take any damage. Since no all penetration damage can be healed this means that the use of the super heal is quite limited. 

 

The Conqueror is also so weak against torpedoes! How come nobody talks about this? This ship absolutely cannot be used to counter DDs. WG should have left the radar on the Conqueror so that it can actually be used in close quarters situations. 

 

Looking forward to WG improving the armour of the Conqueror and giving it radar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,386 posts
8,054 battles

IMO it may need a nerf, but not this way.

Conqueror is having unusually low WR for a line that just got released. The reason for that? Conqueror is inferior compared to other T10 BBs when being concentrated upon.

This, and the common belief that all RN BB AP suck causes many Conqueror players to stay back and HE only, apparently this can’t make high WR. (Conquror has less HE DPM than Zao Hindenburg and Des Moines, and is less accurate, given that HE spammer Zao and Hindenburg don’t have high WR, clearly Conqueror won’t)

Nerfing Conqueror’s survivability directly will cause them to stay back even further, and no one likes snipers right?

IMO nerf 419mm HE fire chance to ~40% instead will do. This means more shots will be necessary to get the same amount of damage as in the current Conqueror, make the transition from Monarch to Lion more smooth. (Currently Lion 419mm has a freaking 13% more fire chance than Monarch 381mm) Lower fire chance requires players to shoot more salvoes, thus keeping them detected longer and be shoot at. Nerfed fire chance also makes players who get spammed more confortable, as the current fire effects are undoubtedly annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
181 posts
7,508 battles
4 hours ago, LordTyphoon said:

Looking forward to WG improving the armour of the Conqueror and giving it radar. 

 

I haven't tried using the "Report post" function, I think this will be the good time to test it out :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
203 posts
11,785 battles

You guys still remember "IJN ships can't into winning" memes?
I see a lot of RN BB players just load their HE by default that is likely because they want to set fires on enemy Battleships mainly.  (Before you get the idea its not "ALL" RN BB players alright).
They'll be firing at the enemy every chance they get which put them into a situation where they're not ready to fire at an enemy destroyers which is quite essential to winning.

I don't think they're wrong to nerf it. Its ability to heal up damage taken is just too good. Instead of tanking with armor, angling. Its tanking by healing.
Isn't it frustating for you to be able to add up damage over times but then suddenly they recover it all back like nothing ever happen to them with lesser time ?

Maybe that's the whole point of this "nerf" though reducing the survivability so it can go down faster than its ability to deal damage.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
902 posts
4,080 battles
5 hours ago, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

IMO it may need a nerf, but not this way.

Conqueror is having unusually low WR for a line that just got released. The reason for that? Conqueror is inferior compared to other T10 BBs when being concentrated upon.

This, and the common belief that all RN BB AP suck causes many Conqueror players to stay back and HE only, apparently this can’t make high WR. (Conquror has less HE DPM than Zao Hindenburg and Des Moines, and is less accurate, given that HE spammer Zao and Hindenburg don’t have high WR, clearly Conqueror won’t)

Nerfing Conqueror’s survivability directly will cause them to stay back even further, and no one likes snipers right?

IMO nerf 419mm HE fire chance to ~40% instead will do. This means more shots will be necessary to get the same amount of damage as in the current Conqueror, make the transition from Monarch to Lion more smooth. (Currently Lion 419mm has a freaking 13% more fire chance than Monarch 381mm) Lower fire chance requires players to shoot more salvoes, thus keeping them detected longer and be shoot at. Nerfed fire chance also makes players who get spammed more confortable, as the current fire effects are undoubtedly annoying.

 

I don't know any BB that can survived when concentrated upon... Maybe it's the cruiser like detection range, that cause these guys to move too up front, leading to more RN BBs being focus fired. In this case, it is the player's fault. Also, RN BBs have one powerful weapon, anti-angling HE salvos. Have you ever seen a BB go one on one with a conqueror, you can eat a 10k HP HE salvo before fire starts while your AP either overpens hits superstructure of bounces off his hull. So in the end, it is the player's fault. I can deal with fire, but 10k HP gone while i'm in an angled GK? That's not funny at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
372 posts
10,037 battles
9 hours ago, LordTyphoon said:

Ive seen the arguments for nerfing the conqueror, and quite frankly I think they are wrong. 

 

Regarding he videos posted by CCs - of course they only show games where RNG has been very favourable to them in starting fires. Most battleships can start this many fires when they fire HE all game, the Conqueror isn't really that special. 

 

Sitting back and spamming HE is not going to win the Conqueror any games - while it does a lot of damage it does not influence the game as much as a DD or a CA. Therefore it is not effective. 

 

The Conqueror needs an armour buff - they are too easy to kill with HE and AP! Even with the super heal the a Conqueror can't take any damage. Since no all penetration damage can be healed this means that the use of the super heal is quite limited. 

 

The Conqueror is also so weak against torpedoes! How come nobody talks about this? This ship absolutely cannot be used to counter DDs. WG should have left the radar on the Conqueror so that it can actually be used in close quarters situations. 

 

Looking forward to WG improving the armour of the Conqueror and giving it radar. 

:cap_popcorn:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
269 posts
23,164 battles
15 hours ago, LordTyphoon said:

Ive seen the arguments for nerfing the conqueror, and quite frankly I think they are wrong. 

 

Regarding he videos posted by CCs - of course they only show games where RNG has been very favourable to them in starting fires. Most battleships can start this many fires when they fire HE all game, the Conqueror isn't really that special. 

 

Sitting back and spamming HE is not going to win the Conqueror any games - while it does a lot of damage it does not influence the game as much as a DD or a CA. Therefore it is not effective. 

 

The Conqueror needs an armour buff - they are too easy to kill with HE and AP! Even with the super heal the a Conqueror can't take any damage. Since no all penetration damage can be healed this means that the use of the super heal is quite limited. 

 

The Conqueror is also so weak against torpedoes! How come nobody talks about this? This ship absolutely cannot be used to counter DDs. WG should have left the radar on the Conqueror so that it can actually be used in close quarters situations. 

 

Looking forward to WG improving the armour of the Conqueror and giving it radar. 


Absolutely. 

To this, I'd also add that Conqueror should also receive immunity from deep water torpedos since her drought is comparable to Aoba. The ship scale also needs to be changed majorly. My recommendation is somewhere between a Khaba and an Atlanta in size. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,166 posts
7,286 battles
20 hours ago, Somedude_Yudachi said:

Yes I think Conqueror needs 10 seconds reload time and torps for 10 km and smoke for 1:30,

 

Not even able to stealth torp? Why do you hate Conqueror so much? The torps need to be at least 15 km range or they'll be literally unplayable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LLBC]
Member
747 posts
6,817 battles
Spoiler

To OP,
There is a tag, and you can name one "shiptost" for this thread, (and perhaps more threads of yours to come) if you so choose to avoid the flaks

Ahem,

 

2 hours ago, Unraveler said:

Not even able to stealth torp? Why do you hate Conqueror so much? The torps need to be at least 15 km range or they'll be literally unplayable.

 

Even then would still be underpowered would it? Give it 4x quintuple launchers with pre-nerf 20km shima torps per side. I can assure you it will be balanced. Once the game has gone down to 12 conquerors vs 12 conquerors and no one bothers grind up other line or classes, that is. :Smile_trollface:

 

Good heavens, is this what it is like what we called "a thread has degenerated"?

Edited by _neppu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×