Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DonnerSushi

Would a premium kongo work at T6?

21 comments in this topic

183 posts
3,790 battles

Let's say a T6 kongo is released, like Haruna for example since she did have a lot of AA.

Would giving her 1945 refit + 2.0 sigma work? I honestly just want to see the actual pagoda of the kongo in game. Not hiei's yamato-prototype superstructure.

1,105 posts

i want an Emil Bertin at T8..... Le Fantastique with 43knot speed with 25% Spood Beest..... also 5 second rudder BUT with huge turning radius

we have Mutsu Already at T6, same 4x2 configuration plus torpedo! 

No

183 posts
3,790 battles
6 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Please, we have 5 already...

But they don't have exp/credit bonus. Not to mention they can't equip camo, so no 100% exp bonus camo.

353 posts
5,075 battles

Basically, improved kongo = amagi, for it is a battlecruiser based on improved concepts of kongo and nagato
Prem T6 we already have mutsu which fires 410mm shells and steams at 26.5 knots

1,386 posts
9,069 battles

Don't see the point of it honestly, considering we already have Mutsu at tier 6.

An alternative idea would be to introduce a premium camo that changes the in-game Hiei model to that of the real Kongo.

The HSF ships show that this can be done.

1,386 posts
8,330 battles
1 hour ago, cplbao said:

Basically, improved kongo = amagi, for it is a battlecruiser based on improved concepts of kongo and nagato
Prem T6 we already have mutsu which fires 410mm shells and steams at 26.5 knots

Amagi is really different from Kongo...

Kongo had a protection scheme inherited from pre-dreadnoughts, i.e. little to no horizontal protection, sloped deck serving as a second line against shells, upper belt, and casemate secondaries. Her concept was to engage enemy battleships at long range using superior FCS and speed(in simple words kite), as Sir Adm. Fisher wished. WWI reality (the Brits did not have FCS advantage over their German counterparts) however neglected battle cruisers to ACR hunters and convoy roles.

While Amagi still has some features of Kongo, namely casemate secondaries and slope deck armor, her protection design and principle of operation was totally different. New advances in FCS allowed longer range combat and thus belt incline can effectively increase protection, and newer more powerful machinery allowed thicker belt to be installed on fast ships. Amagi’s slope deck no longer serves as a second line of defense against shells, but a protection of armor break up due to (strictly speaking) penetration.(the shell fails to pass through the belt, but caused pieces to break off the armor belt and shots into the unprotected area. The slope deck, made of hull steel, was to stop these fragments from damaging vital parts of the ship) Amagi was, despite being called a battle cruiser, not a paper ship, but pretty much a fast battleship ready to serve as the main force of the line of battle.

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08

Super Tester
2,725 posts
2 hours ago, DonnerSushi said:

Let's say a T6 kongo is released, like Haruna for example since she did have a lot of AA.

Would giving her 1945 refit + 2.0 sigma work? I honestly just want to see the actual pagoda of the kongo in game. Not hiei's yamato-prototype superstructure.

A T5 Haruna with more AA only have slight chance to get in.

It's more like copying the implementation of USS Texas, which is also a New York-class BB.

148 posts
557 battles
3 hours ago, DonnerSushi said:

It could work but congo had lesser armor compared to others. Refit wont help much.

[SEARN]
522 posts
8,036 battles
6 hours ago, Mingfang47 said:

It's more like copying the implementation of USS Texas, which is also a New York-class BB.

Yes and the Texas compared to the New York has rubbish gun range to compensate for the better AA. WG would probably nerf the range to justify the slightly better AA.

I have both Texas and New York. New York definitely isn't great but at least has the range advantage over Texas.

The long range guns are the IJN trait. Kongo is a decent T5 BB. A Kongo with slightly better AA but rubbish range? Sorry not something I'm interested in.

Edited by HobartAWD

183 posts
3,790 battles
10 hours ago, Mingfang47 said:

But T5s are not allowed on scenarios.

[SEARN]
522 posts
8,036 battles
1 hour ago, chicony56 said:

As if we don't have enough battleships already..more cruisers please

Finally some one talking sense! :cap_like: As long as they are not copy and paste Russian cruisers like the upcoming Admiral Makarov that is.

Super Tester
2,725 posts
16 hours ago, DonnerSushi said:

2 hours ago, DonnerSushi said:

But T5s are not allowed on scenarios.

Any reason why you brought up that? "T5 cannot allowed on scenario". I'm aware of limitation of the Scenario mode.

Edited by Mingfang47

183 posts
3,790 battles
On 10/8/2017 at 1:31 PM, Mingfang47 said:

Any reason why you brought up that? "T5 cannot allowed on scenario". I'm aware of limitation of the Scenario mode.

Well, I'd like to bring one of the ARP kongo to scenario mode but can't anymore. I am aware that mutsu exists but her pagoda leaves a bit to be desired.

Beta Tester
434 posts
3,214 battles

You could successfully argue that a accurate non-nerfed Kongo is closer to T6 than T5. She's nerfed now to fit better as a T5.

However she wouldn't bring much more to the T6 range at the moment. It would be tough to justify a more historically accurate Kongo over a Fuso.

Tee

1,386 posts
8,330 battles
2 hours ago, admiral_tee said:

You could successfully argue that a accurate non-nerfed Kongo is closer to T6 than T5. She's nerfed now to fit better as a T5.

However she wouldn't bring much more to the T6 range at the moment. It would be tough to justify a more historically accurate Kongo over a Fuso.

Tee

IMO a Kongo better than the current one can fit into T6 fine.

Kongo 1944 (instead of the current Hiei 1942) have far better AA than the in-game Fuso or Dunkerque.

Kongo is a 30knots fast battleship, that can somewhat justify her lack of DPM and armor compared to Fuso.

She can have better accuracy to compensate her for having fewer guns than NM AZ or Fuso.

Compared to Dunkerque, a Kongo with 1944 armament and 2.0 sigma+28sec reload at T6 with 25mm standard hull thickness (instead of 19 at T5)

>almost as paper broadside but better protected angled

>both have good maneuverability

>more accurate than Dunkerque

>less penetrating power

>better DPM

>better AA

I guess that will make her a rather competitive ship at T6

Also WG can probably give a better AP shell for Kongo T6, with better Krupp and lower wind drag.

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08

Sign in to follow this