You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
drakon233

thoughts on the current and past states of the forum

61 comments in this topic

[MEGA]
4,676 posts
18,010 battles

i've been on the forums for a pretty long time, and playing WOWS for even longer.

back when i first came here it was a lively place with all sorts of people talking about everything (there was a time when the historic section was actually used), you had unicums giving advice, new people asking how to play the game better, and overall a friendly place

and then things went downhill

what happened was quite sad actually, the forum stopped really receiving new blood and the older players moved on to either other games or just stopped showing up one day, until a point where most players just moved out of the forums as a whole to smaller communities in various social medias

now the forum seems like a stagnent pool of water, slowly getting toxic and repeating the same stuff over and over again, not to mention all the trolls who sleep at the bottom of the pool.

R.I.P forums =(

Edited by drakon233

205 posts
11,854 battles

Remainders these days have free times for this.
The main reason people moved away from the forums mostly because they don't have time for it.

Toxic players/Trolls don't help either because these only convince them that its only a waste of time a precious time they couldn't effort to waste on something pointless.

There's no way to fix it though freedom of speech at its finest but we do have great mods to take action before things get out of hand and we should appreciate that.

All you can do is just either live with it or leave and let those who want to stay well... stays.

Super Tester
7,779 posts
8,043 battles

I've been spamming here since mid 2015, and I can relate to this. I remember back in the days there were super unicum players giving proper answers. I can still dig up my old threads where R3negade literally gave me an inspiration to actually try to be better in the game. Then came the elitists, whiners, random internet tough guys suggesting game balances. It's no wonder that best players see this as a waste of time.

Also there are more contributing factor, like, rise of discord. Why would you wat for an hour to get a reply when you could just ask it in discord.

Right now it's just too much useless posts, like someone sold his shokaku and pretending to be losing a wife... Weird. I may be guilty of that too to a great extent...

Also, WG isn't really doing a great job at promoting forums more. It almost feel like a fan base forum instead of an official one.

331 posts
7,054 battles

Seeing i'm relativity new to the forums the main issue i see is that there are certain people who like to push their stats and "how fantastic they are" down the throats of other players. This will discourage new posters and players from asking questions, and if they do - it's been asked before and there is a Search button to use.

1,105 posts

you should make an interesting thread instead detonation rant. 

50 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

you had unicums giving advice, new people asking how to play the game better,

the unicum still giving advice.... someone just need to ask

51 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

overall a friendly place

:cap_cool: i think this forum is very friendly compared to other games. if you think someone with different opinion is toxic, well... that is your problem

57 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

what happened was quite sad actually, the forum stopped really receiving new blood and the older players moved on to either other games or just....

new blood ?? did you mean fresh air??? 

59 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

now the forum seems like a stagnent pool of water, slowly getting toxic and repeating the same stuff over and over again, not to mention all the trolls who sleep at the bottom of the pool.

create "fresh air" thread instead.... 

59 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

R.I.P forums =(

by saying this you are encouraging people to think this forum is dead. the negative thinking can be easily spread. if the negative thinking spread more, it will really DEAD.

41 minutes ago, MikuChrome said:

All you can do is just either live with it or leave and let those who want to stay well... stays.

:Smile_honoring: good luck and fair seas

1 hour ago, drakon233 said:

people think i am just troll and toxic....well......

lets see what will happen if i am out of the forum for 1 month. for the sake of you guys, i will refrain for making any comment or thread for 1 month.

anyway, i will keep watching though. :Smile_great:

~ Goodluck and Fair Seas

205 posts
11,854 battles
49 minutes ago, MatterCore said:

fight against it :etc_red_button:

as one of old members, did you give up?:fish_glass:

Well it is pointless. Give up and let them taking over is easier. They have time for it they can have it.

50 minutes ago, Kamanah said:

Seeing i'm relativity new to the forums the main issue i see is that there are certain people who like to push their stats and "how fantastic they are" down the throats of other players. This will discourage new posters and players from asking questions, and if they do - it's been asked before and there is a Search button to use.

Trust me people around here avoid stats bashing as their first course of action. They're rewarded with those kinds of players who will not listen.
Not listening is fine but instead of finding valid evidence or anything to support their claims or you know ....be quiet about it they just all go calling others like "Elithist" "Statpadder" all that.
Just to aggro them.

372 posts
10,243 battles
1 hour ago, Kamanah said:

Stat bashing is reserved for certain individuals who are incapable of logical thought.

[LBAS]
4,593 posts
26,039 battles
1 hour ago, MikuChrome said:

Well it is pointless. Give up and let them taking over is easier. They have time for it they can have it.

and this is sayonara huh? so be it

205 posts
11,854 battles

Errr no I still have free times. (I'll less likely to be that active anymore tho)
Point here is most great players feel that way. (Can't be help tho)

2,255 posts
13,977 battles
2 hours ago, Kamanah said:

to reiterate. stat basing is almost always a response to a negative response from the person asking the question. they don't like being told they are the problem so they would rather attack the person pointing it out than try and improve.

[LBAS]
4,593 posts
26,039 battles
24 minutes ago, MikuChrome said:

Errr no I still have free times. (I'll less likely to be that active anymore tho)
Point here is most great players feel that way. (Can't be help tho)

???

great what and what great?

205 posts
11,854 battles

"Unicum" players.
I'm actually stubborn that why I'm still here lol. I rather not speak of their names they wanted to stay away from the forums I should keep it that way instead of dragging them into this.

1,140 posts

yeah.... there's a lot of handful player that disappear from forum.

melomelon, renegade, heroofwind, etc

(I might not type their name right but... guess you know who I try to meant =w='a)

372 posts
10,243 battles
10 minutes ago, drakon233 said:

one more thing, i've seen quite a few players driven off from the game itself becasue of weird nerfs and buffs and whatevers that WG implimented for seemingly no reason at all

And certain T7 premiums 

[TDA]
Alpha Tester
1,706 posts
7,273 battles

I love the diversity of the forum. Really do.

Newbies, uni's, shitpoasters, haters and conspiracy believers.They all provide entertainment value.

Not to mention bad english and rotten translations. 

They all give good lulz.

Some of the old fav ranters are gone (thinks of Yobbo).

You got to know posters idiosyncrasies (thinks of Stein and his OCD)

And some (lewdchan and the like) stretched mods' patience to breaking point.

If we didn't have diversity, this would be one boring place.

It has definitely tamed down from it's wild and woolly days.

The number of great threads has diminished.

But I still come back, cos addiction and I want to see what happens next.

[MEGA]
4,676 posts
18,010 battles
1 minute ago, AntifoulAwl said:

I love the diversity of the forum. Really do.

Newbies, uni's, shitpoasters, haters and conspiracy believers.They all provide entertainment value.

Not to mention bad english and rotten translations. 

They all give good lulz.

Some of the old fav ranters are gone (thinks of Yobbo).

You got to know posters idiosyncrasies (thinks of Stein and his OCD)

And some (lewdchan and the like) stretched mods' patience to breaking point.

If we didn't have diversity, this would be one boring place.

It has definitely tamed down from it's wild and woolly days.

The number of great threads has diminished.

But I still come back, cos addiction and I want to see what happens next.

i met yobbo a while back in game, he was ranting (as usual) about MM matchmakeing and how the game is baised against him, make me almost miss him on the forums

181 posts
7,634 battles

Honestly, nothing has changed.

People still getting banned/warned are the reason why the SEA Forums are going to stay being "SEA" :Smile_playing:

Edited by 8knots

160 posts
5,795 battles

From what I've seen a lot of new players on the forums get shot down very quickly. Too often the replies are to blunt or harsh. I've gone into bat for a few people who asked reasonable enough questions (especially if you've only just started playing the game) and someone has replied in a super agressive tone. It drives people away, and I also don't feel like posting much because it always feels like I'm jumping into an arguement.

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,325 battles
2 minutes ago, blauflamme22 said:

From what I've seen a lot of new players on the forums get shot down very quickly. Too often the replies are to blunt or harsh. I've gone into bat for a few people who asked reasonable enough questions (especially if you've only just started playing the game) and someone has replied in a super agressive tone. It drives people away, and I also don't feel like posting much because it always feels like I'm jumping into an arguement.

The forums are typically nice if you don't come in like a "I'm a unicum, I did nothing wrong" When you do that, that's when stats bashing comes in to show that guy that, "No, you are not a unicum"

440 posts
3,398 battles

remember the hall of fame where everyone posted their best game in every ship they have to seize the number one spot? I wonder how it's going now.....