Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Somedude_Yudachi

Grosser Kurfurst or Zao?

14 comments in this topic

57 posts
8,248 battles

If you're basing your question on the Japanese and German discounts this month, then Zao. The discounts are only for cruisers and the GK doesn't count. If not, then I would say it depends on which ship class you play more often.

1,542 posts

Zao can't cheat with invisi fire anymore, but can still burn targets to bits & kite,   & grosser kurfurst is the biggest target out there, but deals horrendous damage if hit by it, & has turtleback armour & bastard secondaries... So really it comes down to what you would be happy with.....whatever your choice, charging in at the start will not be the way to win

Ordrazz

Super Tester
7,736 posts
8,031 battles

Zao is generally a bit selfish boat, while GK is all about supporting the flank with massive appearance. You play otherwise on any of these, you become useless for the team. As Potato said above, go for discount on Zao, you will save a lot of credits. Otherwise, go for GK. A massive upgrade from FdG.

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,325 battles
6 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Zao is generally a bit selfish boat, while GK is all about supporting the flank with massive appearance. You play otherwise on any of these, you become useless for the team. As Potato said above, go for discount on Zao, you will save a lot of credits. Otherwise, go for GK. A massive upgrade from FdG.

GK's extra 4 guns do wonders. Don't over extend though

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

everyone say GK, cant disagree with that

but seriously, they nerfed Zao so hard to the point where everyone would rather use other ships in the same tier other than DD

183 posts
3,790 battles
On 10/7/2017 at 10:12 AM, Torchwood5 said:

Well you've got a choice between the most offensively massive warship ever createdwritten up

I think that distinction belongs to the Gerald R. Ford-class aircraft carrier.

[151ST]
1,026 posts
4,636 battles

If you have a clan, depends what they need for CB...

My clan has lots of T10 BBs and Conquer/Yamato are the 1st and 2nd picks for the sole BB slot. So everyone is grinding radar CAs and Z-52/Gearings.

We run a Zao in our lineup, mainly because we need every 10 we can get our hands on and that's all I've got.

But we've developed some strats around a Zao and to utilise it's strengths (troll armour, railguns).

I could have had Yamato for CB but we simply don't need it. So I'm pushing for Mino ATM, (at Edin, 1/3rd to Neptune).

Don't dismiss Zao just cause she doesn't have Radar, once you find the sweet spot 70k damage is a normal game.

GK is GK, IMO got nothing on Conquer/Yamato. (That's just personal opinion though).

Sign in to follow this