You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
captain_scarlet

World of craships & lagships

20 comments in this topic

[_AUS_]
89 posts
4,203 battles

Could it get any more buggy, high latentency and cause windows crashes

HEY WG spend some time on the engine code rather than depending on all those testers to do nothing

WG You heard of WINDOWS 10 yet - ludites

takes like 1 minute to get the after match report and I have 100megabit

Edited by captain_scarlet

[STUN]
[STUN]
79 posts
2,208 battles

it's likely:

1.your internet is bad.
2.your computer is bad.

6 minutes ago, captain_scarlet said:

Could it get any more buggy, high latentency and cause windows crashes

What settings are you running it on?
Which country are you playing from?
High Latency is not WG's responsibility.
I've not had many crashes, mostly one or twice a patch.

5 minutes ago, captain_scarlet said:

WG You heard of WINDOWS 10 yet - ludites

I'm playing on WIN10, there isn't any problems for me.
Pretty sure as game developers they aren't Luddites.

7 minutes ago, captain_scarlet said:

takes like 1 minute to get the after match report and I have 10megabit

10 megabit of what?
10mbps connection? that seems quite low

[_AUS_]
89 posts
4,203 battles

a post from a toon in singapore next door to the servers - that would be helpful - go away

7 losses and 18 AFK BOTS

It must be friday night when all the turds come out to play

Edited by captain_scarlet

331 posts
7,016 battles

I play from Philippines with a decent enough internet connection of 50/50mb up and down. Latency is usually around 36/42, which seems fine to me. FPS is normally around 35/40, which for me is fine also.

Loading from results to port takes probably 3 seconds... if that.

I play on Windows 8.1 out of preference.

Maybe you should see about your "Packets" loss to the SEA server? What are your computer specs like? Are you playing from home or a Cafe?

[MEGA]
4,655 posts
17,889 battles
23 minutes ago, captain_scarlet said:

a post from a toon in singapore next door to the servers - that would be helpful - go away

7 losses and 18 AFK BOTS

it's really weird when i see people complaineing about bots and i see like, one per about 4 matchs

are you exculsively playing low tiers?

2,247 posts
13,942 battles
1 hour ago, drakon233 said:

it's really weird when i see people complaineing about bots and i see like, one per about 4 matchs

are you exculsively playing low tiers?

Nah. They see him in the lineup and go do something else instead

Super Tester
1,310 posts

some1 lagged with 100mbps connection?

i wanna laugh hard..

here i play with measly 1mbps (ONE mega bit per sec) 

and play it just fine, no lag. got decent ping around 40-60ms. and nope. i am not from SG.

everything load pretty fast. game loaded around 30s-20s before match start. 

from report screen to port take like 5-10 seconds.

windows 10? there are a LOT of players playing with windows 10, including me. and there is no constant crashing or so what ever.

crash does happen to me. but its pretty rare.

probably around once or twice a weeks.

[STUN]
[STUN]
79 posts
2,208 battles
21 hours ago, captain_scarlet said:

7 losses and 18 AFK BOTS

lul, the butthurt is real.

good old "uuhhhh everyone but me sucks"

[_AUS_]
89 posts
4,203 battles
13 minutes ago, TakemoriKohoto said:

good 10 mbs is hella good here we have 500kbs to 1mbs so i guess is your pc not internet 

SORRY i KNOW YOU CANT BE BOTHERED TO READ THE LINK ABOUT THE CABLE - MUST BE YOUR pc

71 posts
1,755 battles
3 hours ago, captain_scarlet said:

SORRY i KNOW YOU CANT BE BOTHERED TO READ THE LINK ABOUT THE CABLE - MUST BE YOUR pc

sorry didnt see that then poor you 

122 posts
23,183 battles

Connection Bandwidth usually isn't the cause of lag, unless ofc you're using those old modems which scream for 30 sec everytime you connect to the internet. -_-' . The connection stability is what throws things off in most cases along with things like packet losses. 

I play from Bangladesh with a 3 mbps line, and when in my pc its always smooth. I do get some occasional lags when I try to use a wifi on my laptop, however, no self-respecting gamers should be using wireless for gaming anyway. 

While I am well aware of this game having poor optimization involving inefficient usage of RAM & CPU, it shouldn't really cause your OS to crash and do all kind of funky things, unless something is messed up with your pagefile/registry/other part of the OS. Trust me for the last 1 month or so I have been playing this on my frankenstein PC [ AMD Phenom2 955BE x4 @3.40ghz, 4GB DDR3 & GTX 1060] as I await my new parts to arrive, and its mostly flawless in High dets. So the 100mbps line you're using might be massively bottlenecked by some other component in your PC or you've been hoarding on bloatware, other than that nothing can explain the 1 min delay to get report.  

Since you've heard about Windows 10 already, kindly learn more about Diagnosing & Debugging. 

218 posts
3,834 battles
On 10/7/2017 at 3:10 AM, ReNation said:

some1 lagged with 100mbps connection?

i wanna laugh hard..

here i play with measly 1mbps (ONE mega bit per sec) 

and play it just fine, no lag. got decent ping around 40-60ms. and nope. i am not from SG.

everything load pretty fast. game loaded around 30s-20s before match start. 

from report screen to port take like 5-10 seconds.

windows 10? there are a LOT of players playing with windows 10, including me. and there is no constant crashing or so what ever.

crash does happen to me. but its pretty rare.

probably around once or twice a weeks.

Malaysian? or are you Batamese? 1mbps sound's like Streamyx to me.

Edited by Puteralanun

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

i have heard this kind of thread quite of ten

ended with OP unstatisfied with all valid replies due to

either 

1. Ignorance

2. Stupidity (not understanding what the reply is about)

[AE]
202 posts
9,601 battles

as far as the original post goes, you are not the only one. Sure lag is more about the connection, but be aware, responders to posts about bad programming by WG inevitably try to suggest its your fault. ie. your computer, with stuff like "try reloading game, mine works fine, or if there was a problem there would  be more posts" etc

Quite simply, if you are getting a particular TYPE of crash, ie, if it happens same way most times, just go to google and describe it. You will find many forum posts by people round world describing exactly same thing.

World of Warships is constantly being played with by developers. They specifically state in their support page that people with INTEL chips and NVIDIA cards will have problems "for foreseeable future".

The thing is that WG needs to fix it for WOWS because the server sizes are not particularly good. Not as good as tanks. They simply cannot afford to lose paying customers to crashes. They are not just competing against other MMMOs. They are competing against anything else entertaining in your life. If the game crashes people will take breaks, or walk away. I hope it doesn't occur, because ive got money invested in this game.

And for those you say "Well then just leave" just hop on youtube and search for "10 games that lost most of their playerbase in weeks". People are so fickle, that any negatives can doom a game.

69 posts
3,881 battles

I’ve heard that the latency problem is currently exclusive to KR players because the company servicing the connection has messed up the external connection. Even if you do have like 200-500mbps connection you sometimes would get 200-500ping. It’s not WG’s fault that you are getting bad connections, it’s your internet provider’s. Also about the game crashes, I sometimes get my games crashed when I fire my guns in my kutuzov or Hindenburg. I don’t think it’s exclusive to those ships, it’s rather the problem with the game itself or maybe the patch.... But it doesn’t bother me too much because if you install your game onSSD you can turn them back on in just a few seconds anyway. About the bots and afka.... I havent seen too much of them nor do I bother too much cuz I don’t regard them as too much of a factor in my gameplay.