Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AMOREPACIFIC

Critical Error Occurred

7 comments in this topic

5 posts
10,662 battles

When I launched game client yesterday, there is a critical error occurred message pop-up and the game is not started.

During couple of months there is no problem until yesterday. 

Help me~!

i13168915086.png

[SEARN]
514 posts
8,011 battles

Is it re-occurring every time you try to start WOWS? Restart your machine and try again. Chances are a restart will fix it.

If that fails to do the trick, download and install the latest DirectX. Then restart your PC (if it doesn't ask to do so) and then run WOWS.

D3D9 is a DirectX file so re-installing DirectX will hopefully repair this error and let you get back into WOWS. :cap_like:

[SEARN]
514 posts
8,011 battles

Don't re-install the entire game. This may save you some time as I doubt that is the problem. A thought just occurred to me.....yes I'm shocked too! :cap_fainting:

Are you running an AMD / ATI graphics card? Have you updated the graphics card driver recently? It may have been automatic and you missed it. If this is happening only after the latest patch and/or a graphics driver update that might be the root cause of your troubles. I seem to remember this error, or something along these lines, popping up before with people using ATI cards after a graphics driver update. I had an AMD 7950 but have since upgraded to a GTX 1060 6GB so I never encountered this problem.

Either way if you have a Nvidia or an ATI card I would roll back your graphics card driver to an earlier version. If you can go back to the driver you were using before this error appeared I think you will get a working game again.

BTW I would still run the latest DirectX installer anyway as it is a good idea to keep it updated. Also there is a check and repair function built into the WGC launcher that will check your WOWS files are all correct and nothing is corrupted and is quicker than a complete re-install of the game. Just in case you did not know.

Hope this helps.

[SEARN]
514 posts
8,011 battles
On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:07 AM, AMOREPACIFIC said:

Thanks for your kind help.

I ll try to re install game & Direct X.

How did you go in getting this issue resolved? Game working for you now?

3 posts
1,333 battles

You know what, I'm going to wait till War-Gaming fix this. I cannot play their game if this keeps happening to me, I'll just uninstall it and play something else.

Sign in to follow this