You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ranork

General Observations

7 comments in this topic

[HMASW]
Beta Tester
50 posts
6,065 battles

As an experienced WoT player 34k+ battles I have recently decided to test our WoW.

Now I am a little biased as I also served 23 years in the RAN so I do know a little bit about warships.

My first impressions:

I like the ambience

I like the ship handling

I like the hit indicators and small fires etc.

As a Beta release I think WG have done a tremendous job on the look and feel of the game, so well done.

What don't I like?

The fact that WoT has given WG a well tested and proven vanilla platform in terms of controls, key strokes, voices and other special effects, but have either chosen not to implement them yet or have no intention of doing so.

For example FUNC keys in WoT F5 = Affirmative, F6 = Negative, F7 = Help and F8 = Defend the base etc etc, question is why not take this right through the entire platform and make minor changes such as Affirmative = Aye Aye Sir or Roger and so forth?

Voices why does the voice for the Japanese vessels remain American you have already introduced country voices in WoT.

I think there is a bug when firing close to a low peninsula of land you are aiming over the top and down onto an enemy yet when you fire nothing happens the guns fire as they go to reload but no shells appear out of the ship and arc towards their intended target?

So far I like it and as a Beta it will only get better.

I would also like to see the Auto Pilot change such that you can have multiple waypoints planned in rather than just one. This will allow cruisers etc to concentrate on firing (Torpedoes) than piloting the vessel.

Also the collision algorithm needs to change to allow damage due ramming of friendlies and varying damage speed dependent  with islands.

Keep up the good work

ST Coordinator
2,325 posts
2,196 battles

I would also like to see the Auto Pilot change such that you can have multiple waypoints planned in rather than just one. This will allow cruisers etc to concentrate on firing (Torpedoes) than piloting the vessel.

You can set multiple waypoints with SHIFT click (up to 5).

Super Tester
2,725 posts

The fact that WoT has given WG a well tested and proven vanilla platform in terms of controls, key strokes, voices and other special effects, but have either chosen not to implement them yet or have no intention of doing so.

For example FUNC keys in WoT F5 = Affirmative, F6 = Negative, F7 = Help and F8 = Defend the base etc etc, question is why not take this right through the entire platform and make minor changes such as Affirmative = Aye Aye Sir or Roger and so forth?

Voices why does the voice for the Japanese vessels remain American you have already introduced country voices in WoT.

Soon™, sir.

And not sure if WG is allowing their development teams to do copy and pasting codes. Especially that commands & responds part.

[HMASW]
Beta Tester
50 posts
6,065 battles

You can set multiple waypoints with SHIFT click (up to 5).

ooh Thanks Windforce.

Also I cannot for the life of me find out how to load consumables are they not yet available?

[HMASW]
Beta Tester
50 posts
6,065 battles

I also think the call to battle stations at the beginning of the game is a little to unreal.

I think a better start up script at the begining of the battle should be as it was in my day with "Calling all hands man your stations" set condition one zulu throughout the ship" or something similar, then when the first enemy ship is detected all ships received a general Klaxton sound followed by "Battle Stations".

Just adds to the realism. 

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

ooh Thanks Windforce.

Also I cannot for the life of me find out how to load consumables are they not yet available?

IF you mean the smoke, repair etc then that's all done for you depending on your class

Beta Tester
404 posts
91 battles

I also think the call to battle stations at the beginning of the game is a little to unreal.

I think a better start up script at the beginning of the battle should be as it was in my day with "Calling all hands, man your stations"

I like this ↑