You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
fighter9374

Iowa upgrade

8 comments in this topic

162 posts
3,363 battles

So I finally got my Iowa after god knows how much credits I saved up.

I noticed a new upgrade slot, and basically I'm trying to decide between Main Mod 3 or Artillery Mod 2 (Reload and traverse boost vs Tighter dispersion)

I'm open to suggestions on which one to get while I get the 3 mill needed to get the upgrade, and also any builds for Iowa

[LBAS]
4,593 posts
26,039 battles

my choice same on MiMo

Wows_icon_modernization_PCM030_MainWeapon_Mod_I.png

Main Armaments Modification 1

Icon_modernization_PCM011_AirDefense_Mod_II.png

AA Guns Modification 2

Icon_modernization_PCM029_FireControl_Mod_II_US.png

Artillery Plotting Room Modification 2

Wows_icon_modernization_PCM020_DamageControl_Mod_I.png

Damage Control System Modification 1

Wows_icon_modernization_PCM023_DamageControl_Mod_II.png

Damage Control System Modification 2

Wows_icon_modernization_PCM027_ConcealmentMeasures_Mod_I.png

Concealment System Modification 1

Edited by MatterCore

[LNA]
1,697 posts
10,550 battles

You really dont want the extra reload on an Iowa as US BB rely on getting broadside to deal any kind of heavy damage to the enemy team. You want every chance you can get to accurately nail broadside ship. If you want faster reload , take Adrenaline Rush , it fits the bill more.

Without the accuracy mod , your shells will make you pull your hairs out. It is extremely dispersed and can ruin many oppertunity that only happen once per match.

If you decide to go w/o it , you have to be very agressive and push right into the enemy 12km mark where your shots isnt as crazily inaccurate , but then again it is suicidal to do so in an Iowa.

Your sister Missouri can do it because she have radar , but you dont so keep your distance so you can back to concealment after each salvo

[SEARN]
537 posts
8,130 battles
On 10/5/2017 at 2:51 AM, legionary2099 said:

You really dont want the extra reload on an Iowa as US BB rely on getting broadside to deal any kind of heavy damage to the enemy team. You want every chance you can get to accurately nail broadside ship. If you want faster reload , take Adrenaline Rush , it fits the bill more.

Without the accuracy mod , your shells will make you pull your hairs out. It is extremely dispersed and can ruin many oppertunity that only happen once per match.

If you decide to go w/o it , you have to be very agressive and push right into the enemy 12km mark where your shots isnt as crazily inaccurate , but then again it is suicidal to do so in an Iowa.

Your sister Missouri can do it because she have radar , but you dont so keep your distance so you can back to concealment after each salvo

+1 Good advice right there. :cap_like:

I don't have the Iowa per se, but I have had the Mighty Mo for quite a while. I swapped out main battery accuracy mod for the faster reload mod. I thought it was a great idea. I was wrong.

I now had turret traverse that sux and shell dispersion that sux. But on the upside I get to shoot more often and complain about the rubbish dispersion more often. :Smile-angry:

So I put the artillery plotting room 2 mod back and I am happily deleting cruisers and punishing BB sides once again.