Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Skarhabek

Read this before blaming the camper BB.....

42 comments in this topic

1,105 posts

so everyone always blame BB for not pushing, i also think BB that camp in the back is coward player. but there is actually a good reason behind it.....

1. BB captain should be aware that he must survive no matter what....

yep, BB that Yolo and then sink in less than 10 min is simply idiot. he gave huge point to enemy and reduce team point. BB is symbol of counter pushing, the moment you dont have any battleship in your team. you will get pushed away, you dont have enough room for manouver and then simply lose

LEL, whut?

2. yess, CV or DD please SPOT for us and we deal massive amount of damage

this game spotting mechanic is very idiot that Memetaur cannt be seen from 10km and Long Asses Shimakaze cannt be seen from 7km. and the most idiot, a battleship spotter will lose track of where is the enemy ship if the enemy stop firing after 20 sec... 

THAT IS WHY PLEASE SPOT GOD DAMN IT CV or DD!

3. Battleship and Battlecruiser

please remember this, not every BB is YOLO KMBB! most of IJN BB is simply battlecruiser, have great main gun but poor armor. of course some BB like KMBB will have benefit for getting close, but some BB like battlecruiser WILL SINK, even againts cruiser in close combat. ship like battlecruiser SHOULD STAY AWAY, KITE and DEAL MASSIVE AMOUNT OF DAMAGE!

so if you see IJN BB snipe from max range, LET IT BE :V

also if you want to win, camping is the best way! WASD CRUISER? can Battleship WASD too? of course not in close range!

anyway..... i hope i have replay, i am facing 4 enemy battleship and 1 cruiser. only accompany by krasny kream, we hold enemy BY KITING from 15km~19km. the enemy BB just simply out of range, just LOL huehhehehehe

if i am pushing and help the kresny kream, of course i will sink too and cannt do any sheet.... 

its so funny that i got +20km range huahhhahaahahaahahaa

22195683_495597647487143_894267527377356

22089703_495600937486814_655343542405378

note : DONT CAMP IN KMBB, you are not sniper

Edited by Skarhabek

455 posts
8,034 battles

I AGREE COMPLETELY WITH SHARKBAIT!!!
Behold more evidence of how sniping in BB is the best possible strategy!!!!
Why endanger your shiny paint when you can deal massive damage from 20 km!!!!

shot-17.10.02_11.05.57-0248.jpg

shot-17.10.02_11.06.07-0008.jpg

shot-17.10.02_11.06.58-0100.jpg

shot-17.10.02_11.09.16-0389.jpg

Edited by Adm_Kunkka
multiple upload

956 posts
4,414 battles

No, not most of the IJN line are BCs...

Myogi, Kongo and Amagi are, that's it.

And you can't just blame DD or CV players.

A BBs job isn't just doing damage, it's tanking it.

You have far more HP and armour than any other ship type, learn to use it.

By all means don't yolo in but find that sweet spot, every point of damage you bounce, heal or absorb is damage someone else doesn't, helping keep your team alive and helping you win.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
925 posts
5,519 battles

I'm more in S4pp3R camp of you need to do some tanking to take the pressure off the lighter ships, just make sure you have option to get away and heal.

Edited by BigWaveSurfer

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,778 posts
4,026 battles

In your case its all about minimising damage and running the timer out while you try to kill them off as you are outnumbered and they are holding far more HP than you are.   It was probably the best strategy in that situation but Its only one example of how to play a BB and sniping and hiding is not the be all and end all of BB play.

It all depends on whether people know the capabilities of their ships.   Have the specc'ed their upgrades and captains for a particular style of play and do they grasp that trading damage in your favour is how you can win the game.   My KMBBS are all set up for close up work and the idea is to tank damage while inflicting as much damage as possible, while my USN line is all about concealment.   The UKbbs are a bit of both but don't benefit from moving in on an enemy due to the terrible turret traverse speed.

There is no doubt that the IJN lines are extremely popular on this server and from the outset when all we had was the IJN/USN you rarely saw a USNBB as people saw the speed and range of the IJN to be far more appealing.  Now with a variety there are far less of them now seen around.   I rarely even play my flurokongos and only ever went as far as the Myogi in the IJN line as its snipey bluelining style had zero appeal to me.   Its still a regular occurrence to see BBs so badly out of position that they can offer no advantage to their team defensively or offensively at all and die last with no discernible damage.  A clear example of a poor use of a ship

Its not the ship.    its all about the player.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
925 posts
5,519 battles
27 minutes ago, Adm_Kunkka said:

People replying seriously to a Sharkbait thread
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I can read BS face to face, but written text is never BS.

Must be from all those decades of life before the internet was around.

1,105 posts
2 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

A BBs job isn't just doing damage, it's tanking it.

You have far more HP and armour than any other ship type, learn to use it.

tanking wont help so much in winning team, my Bismarck just got 51% WR and most of my battle i take more than 100% damage and 1.5KK potentil damage. seriously it wont HELP SO MUCH. the important thing in BB is to DELETE other ship, heck-before they encounter the team mate.

why tanking is useless? because NOOB TEAM ALWAYS DED/dealing low damage and you will get in very dangerous situation in the front. 

so what is better? utilize the noob to tanking the damage while you focus to delete enemy ship. this is far more reliable than letting yourself in YOLO danger and expect team mate deal max damage

also if there is cruiser behind me as tanking BB, isnt enemy just simply aim the cruiser behind me and delete it?

15 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Its not the ship.    its all about the player.

tanking...... its all about luck :V

do you ever get in the situation where you tanking damage in the front BUT YOUR TEAM IN THE REAR GOT DELETED?

or a team cruiser max speed to the front, thinking there is a BB behind to tanking damage. instead you tanking damage, the cruiser got deleted :v

Edited by Skarhabek

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,778 posts
4,026 battles
2 minutes ago, Skarhabek said:

do you ever get in the situation where you tanking damage in the front BUT YOUR TEAM IN THE REAR GOT DELETED?

That's called being out of position.

"tanking" damage isn't about soaking it up constantly until you die.  its about being prepared to push and trade minimal damage for maximum effect on the enemy.  To do this you need to have support so the incoming fire is not only spread over the ships but the fire can be concentrated outwards.  You then have the make the decision to pull back to conserve health, repair or reposition.

956 posts
4,414 battles
34 minutes ago, Skarhabek said:

tanking wont help so much in winning team, my Bismarck just got 51% WR and most of my battle i take more than 100% damage and 1.5KK potentil damage. seriously it wont HELP SO MUCH. the important thing in BB is to DELETE other ship, heck-before they encounter the team mate.

why tanking is useless? because NOOB TEAM ALWAYS DED/dealing low damage and you will get in very dangerous situation in the front. 

so what is better? utilize the noob to tanking the damage while you focus to delete enemy ship. this is far more reliable than letting yourself in YOLO danger and expect team mate deal max damage

also if there is cruiser behind me as tanking BB, isnt enemy just simply aim the cruiser behind me and delete it?

tanking...... its all about luck :V

or a team cruiser max speed to the front, thinking there is a BB behind to tanking damage. instead you tanking damage, the cruiser got deleted :v

Anecdotal evidence at best with your Bismarck.

If you know what you are doing, tanking is very possible.

I run Conceal/Survival/AR on my BBs and it works a treat with pushing or midline support.

It allows me to get close enough to do damage whilst giving my CAs and DDs breathing room.

Sniping BBs are horrible to play with.

Super Tester
7,375 posts
7,889 battles

Many people get the meaning of tanking wrong. Like Ralph said, tanking is taking least possible damage while attracting most possible shells. Doesn't matter if you are in a BB or how insane your heal is. Three cruisers can burn you down to water lever under 2 minutes. You have to appear like a rotten pickle. Enemy will bite you with a distaste in their mouth.

It doesn't help though if your team's cruisers are all brain dead and sail broadside. Enemy will pretty much ignore your BB and shoot them. That's what I would do too. Because BB spamming against another BB is very inefficient. It's much easier to get damage from other classes.

449 posts
8,076 battles

It's not entirely correct or incorrect to say sniping is a good way to play BBs. Truthfully it depends on your ship and the current situation. Had you been in the New York or Iron Duke kiting and sniping would have been less effective because of your speed and shorter range and a different strategy would have been necessary. Being in Kongo you probably did the right thing given it's speed and good guns.

It's a bad idea to make sweeping statements that all BBs (or any class) should play a particular way, there are just too many exceptions. I think tanking is important in BBs as well, but there are some that just don't do it well at all and situations where it's not a good idea. It's up to individual players to decide based on their skill and experience which is best for them.

So before you blame another team mate for doing something that doesn't suite you (be honest that's what it is most of the time) consider why they might be doing it. My experience is the people complaining in chat are usually the ones who screwed up the most.

580 posts
1,574 battles

I'm not really much of a BB player but camping and sniping is something I really don't do much nor encourage unless if I got overtiered. . If anything I just run midline along with the cruisers and keeping targets at 15km range, keeping an eye on the minimap whilst managing the HP by either pulling out, taking cover, and repair. . Had fun in the Kongo and Fuso this way. . Honestly, Cruisers need a Big Bro (BB) when things get dicey for them. .

1,105 posts

well, dont get me wrong. the main purpose of this thread is some BB is actually good of snipe and camp. that is why i mention about "battleship vs battlecruiser". also a KMBB is not always mean to rushing, its better to lure enemy 1 by 1 into your strategic location. some cap of the map is actually A TRAP for pusher BB, you gain cap at the beginning but losing more ship and in the end you lose.

3 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

That's called being out of position.

"tanking" damage isn't about soaking it up constantly until you die.  its about being prepared to push and trade minimal damage for maximum effect on the enemy.  To do this you need to have support so the incoming fire is not only spread over the ships but the fire can be concentrated outwards.  You then have the make the decision to pull back to conserve health, repair or reposition.

well, here is the answer why tanking is not always help Ralph. i am not out of position, i am even taunt at enemy to shoot at me :v

so my team still ded its not my fault.....

2 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

It doesn't help though if your team's cruisers are all brain dead and sail broadside. Enemy will pretty much ignore your BB and shoot them. That's what I would do too. Because BB spamming against another BB is very inefficient. It's much easier to get damage from other classes.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,778 posts
4,026 battles
9 minutes ago, Skarhabek said:

well, here is the answer why tanking is not always help Ralph. i am not out of position, i am even taunt at enemy to shoot at me :v

so my team still ded its not my fault.....

If you are in a position where you cant safely disengage then you are out of position.  Once they started dying behind yourlocationthen you should be wiighing up whether its time to call it quits in that position and back off.

And at no point have I said that "tanking " is always the thing to do.

1,105 posts
1 hour ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

If you are in a position where you cant safely disengage then you are out of position.  Once they started dying behind yourlocationthen you should be wiighing up whether its time to call it quits in that position and back off.

And at no point have I said that "tanking " is always the thing to do.

yep runnng away, and lose after that..... 

or you camping in the back with the team, delete everyone and win the game

Super Tester
1,256 posts
1 hour ago, Skarhabek said:

This is not the only option.

There are many options available with all classes of BB's.

Situational awareness is the key......

[STUN]
79 posts
2,083 battles

here's my two cents on the matter:

BBs, they're powerful tools.
They can push, they can reenact Bismarck VS Hood a lot.

game's all about positioning, pushing and pulling.

The first and foremost thing all players should be doing is constantly reading the situation to see if it's time to push or to pull.

when pushing, you must ensure you don't outrun your team or lag behind.
When pulling, you must ensure that your team can pull back under support.

Even if your team is suffering from a lack of teamwork, it still applies that teamwork is a force multiplier.
It's not wrong that sniping is a viable form of winning.
It's not wrong that pushing ahead is a viable form of winning.

These schools of thought are all viable and feasible, that's why they exist.
However, we all need to learn to apply them at the appropriate timings or situations.

TL:DR This thread is SKUB

956 posts
4,414 battles

Sniping is essentially selfish play, you aren't sharing the damage and you are less reliable at getting damage.

I know there are unicums and super unicums that swear by it but surely they wouldn't do it in CB? So then the question is why do it in RB?

Just my 2c

[STUN]
79 posts
2,083 battles
1 minute ago, S4pp3R said:

Sniping is essentially selfish play, you aren't sharing the damage and you are less reliable at getting damage.

I know there are unicums and super unicums that swear by it but surely they wouldn't do it in CB? So then the question is why do it in RB?

Just my 2c

yeah, personally I do feel it is selfish.
*But*
if it allows a win, I'm very willing to do it.

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,081 battles

Ok, here's the deal.

As a typical BB, closer range typically means higher efficiency due to accuracy and penetration. That doesn't change the fact that you have the highest firepower. In SEA WOWS where teamplay is typically unheard of, you can only hope to remove enemy faster than your team can. And BBs are really efficient at that. I'd trade some DPM for armor that allows me to fire at will and be the creator of opportunities.

So sure, sniping is valid at the start, but eventually, you want to push up and press that HP advantage that you saved up.

9 posts
19 hours ago, Skarhabek said:

yep runnng away, and lose after that..... 

except you don't.

t5-7 never wins games with snipers. you just get the other classes in the team deleted and lose to objectives or overwhelming fire.

329 posts
16,972 battles

Well what if no one decides to go forwards what then? The enemy gets the cap surrounds your ball of ships and fire from multiple angle then you lose. Or if one teams BBs hang back and the cruisers and DDs go forwards while the other team has everyone go forwards sure the sniping BBs might get some damage and possibly some kills. but your cruisers will get anihiltated and DD get hunted down and eliminated then the BBs get torped and burnt anyways.

Teams with campy BBs at the back of the map tend to lose more often than they win. Why? because the BBs are the last ones left and they are too far from the the cap points or key areas of the map to affect anything and swing the game from a loss into a win.

Once a such a camping BB loses the team members that are actually doing the spotting they are  irrelevant and easily dealt with.

Its a perverse incentive actually where  doing the rational thing gives the result you don't want

Sign in to follow this