Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Shankeyyy

New Aircraft Carrier

23 comments in this topic

148 posts
555 battles

I was wondering if you check out this cool aircraft carrier from India- INS Vikrant. It has a great historical significance. Maybe you can make this happen as a premium ship in the game? :Smile_Default:

79_full.jpg

440 posts
3,380 battles
4 minutes ago, Shankeyyy said:

I was wondering if you check out this cool aircraft carrier from India- INS Vikrant. It has a great historical significance. Maybe you can make this happen as a premium ship in the game? :Smile_Default:

79_full.jpg

IIRC WG stated that there'll be no new CVs until the CV rework.

183 posts
3,790 battles
42 minutes ago, rouge42 said:

They also kinda said that before they released kaga, enterprise, and gz. I do hope they're serious this time.

[LBAS]
4,499 posts
25,682 battles
2 hours ago, rouge42 said:

1 hour ago, Shankeyyy said:

IIRC? whats that and when might that be, the CV rework?

thats planed, but time to released?:etc_hide_turtle:

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,277 battles
1 hour ago, DonnerSushi said:

They also kinda said that before they released kaga, enterprise, and gz. I do hope they're serious this time.

After GZ cluser****, I'd like to say they've learned their lesson.

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,005 battles

@Shankeyyy, if I'm not wrong, that's a modern post WW2 CV. So probably never going to happen. Find something that was designed or built around the time of WW2 or before.

Or, since this was basically a British CV, may be this will be covered by the UK CV tech tree. I still doubt.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,005 battles
2 hours ago, Shankeyyy said:

Then may I suggest two cruisers- INS Delhi and INS Mysore and a destroyer- INS Rajput. Would these be good for WOWs?

Would be interesting to see. Since Delhi and Mysore are Leander and Fiji class cruisers respectively which we already have in game. May be some weird consumable and gimmick could be added to make them unique, like they did to Perth.

148 posts
555 battles
1 hour ago, icy_phoenix said:

Would be interesting to see. Since Delhi and Mysore are Leander and Fiji class cruisers respectively which we already have in game. May be some weird consumable and gimmick could be added to make them unique, like they did to Perth.

maybe a different camo with the INS country flag along with some special abilities might make it a good cruiser :D Im glad u liked it. If only WG would look into it :D :D

460 posts
8,358 battles

I believe we will see that CV type in the game at some point, the Vikrant was a Incomplete Majestic class CV at the end of the war before being purchased by India and completed with modernisations in 1957. Whilst she probably won't be in game herself because she's a bit more modern, I'm sure the Majestic class from the RN line will probably make an appearance.

The eagles certainly looks interesting.

148 posts
555 battles
6 hours ago, Sparcie said:

I believe we will see that CV type in the game at some point, the Vikrant was a Incomplete Majestic class CV at the end of the war before being purchased by India and completed with modernisations in 1957. Whilst she probably won't be in game herself because she's a bit more modern, I'm sure the Majestic class from the RN line will probably make an appearance.

The eagles certainly looks interesting.

I believe you are talking about HMS Triumph. That is a good CV. However, I am also talking about the two cruisers which I posted above. :Smile_Default:

425 posts
17 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

@Shankeyyy, if I'm not wrong, that's a modern post WW2 CV. So probably never going to happen. Find something that was designed or built around the time of WW2 or before.

Or, since this was basically a British CV, may be this will be covered by the UK CV tech tree. I still doubt.

It might happen with this ship for India.  It's WWII era that they bought and kept around for a long time into modern era.  As you can see, they haven't added the angled flight deck into the ship, (like the modern Essex class which is not in the game) which they've said no too.  So it might happen.

Also, if you can't stuff like this, then there might be room for a pan-south American tech tree as they did this with a lot of cruisers/dd/cvs in South America.  They are already doing this with Asia, so why not cruisers and cvs tech trees too?

148 posts
555 battles
3 hours ago, BunnyDragon said:

It might happen with this ship for India.  It's WWII era that they bought and kept around for a long time into modern era.  As you can see, they haven't added the angled flight deck into the ship, (like the modern Essex class which is not in the game) which they've said no too.  So it might happen.

Also, if you can't stuff like this, then there might be room for a pan-south American tech tree as they did this with a lot of cruisers/dd/cvs in South America.  They are already doing this with Asia, so why not cruisers and cvs tech trees too?

That's good to know. Also, I am suggesting these two ships- both are CL,  INS Delhi and INS Mysore. They are Leander and Fiji-class cruisers but better. Anyways, it would be cool to have a tech tree of Indian Navy.

Edited by Shankeyyy

492 posts
7,669 battles

INS Vikrant - R11. She had a long and distinguished career in the Indian navy. Be great to see some extra diversity with more navies added to the game. Be easiest to add ships already modeled in game, due to the time it takes, but heres hoping. She was a Majestic class RN CV. HMAS Melbourne was also a RN Majestic class CV. Can everyone say loud enough "money grabbing premium Aussie CV". Be a reason to buy and play my first CV.

On 10/3/2017 at 10:10 PM, rouge42 said:

CV rework? Oh you must mean clans. You know where you just remove 1/4 of the ship classes from the game entirely. CV players get the special treatment of the WG middle finger.

Sign in to follow this