You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MatterCore

Remove or be banned >> Mods

27 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
4,586 posts
26,022 battles

Its started few hours ago from NA Server

example 14f3faab83.png

Be careful all captains and modders
The current Anti-Cheat system for World of Warships is having an issue. Installing mods replay/training room enabled will get 7 day ban for "illegal mods" randomly

Edited by MatterCore

[LBAS]
4,586 posts
26,022 battles
22 minutes ago, Mingfang47 said:

Is this for the upcoming update 0.6.11.1.1 for tomorrow?

NA get update earlier than SEA 1 day (NA>>SEA>>RU>>EU)

7 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Need to test this. :Smile_playing:

:cap_wander_2:

Edited by MatterCore

265 posts
4,731 battles
1 hour ago, MatterCore said:

The link is broken now, cannot find the topic already...

if no mod installed, but edited .xml to enable training room and reply, does it count?

Edited by GRADAN31
added comments

268 posts
6,381 battles

Also trending on reddit, some people are saying that it's not necessarily the training room that is causing the issue, but could also be related to mods, or even GeForce experience, steam overlays etc.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/73xcra/psa_disable_all_mods_settings_you_might_get/

[LBAS]
4,586 posts
26,022 battles
38 minutes ago, GRADAN31 said:

The link is broken now, cannot find the topic already...

if no mod installed, but edited .xml to enable training room and reply, does it count?

>>>

Wargaming just deleted the 16 page "why was I banned" post on the official forum.

No official comment and now the post about the bans has been removed.

2,252 posts
13,967 battles

Well I logged in fine and there were plenty of other players that made it as well. Although just to be extra super special cotton-wool safe I disabled replays and training room in my preferences.xml and scripts_config.xml respectively

224 posts
8,319 battles
13 minutes ago, keskparane said:

Well I logged in fine and there were plenty of other players that made it as well. Although just to be extra super special cotton-wool safe I disabled replays and training room in my preferences.xml and scripts_config.xml respectively

can you teach me how to disabled replay ?

1,079 posts
3,888 battles
1 hour ago, PGM991 said:

okya, first

is it true that training room also eat-up server resource?

if true, then I kinda understand why WG won't please about people using it.

I think training room does eat up resources,but I haven't seen anything from WG telling people not to use it as far as I can remember.Couldn't see it being an issue anyway as population isn't that big even at peak.

Replays though is at least stickied on how to enable on this forums main page and doesn't eat up resources.And WG said that Replays is a feature they want to enable in port as some stage.

1,079 posts
3,888 battles

Just checked Reddit,which led me to NA forum.Seems there may be something to the unjust bans ( WG is looking into it ),but as usual they overreacted and deleted threads:

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/138847-account-bans-situation-update/

From Dev Sub_Octavian in that thread:

Dear captains! We are aware of the current situation with bans on the NA server and are investigating possible causes of the issue and taking a closer look at your reports. We will keep you posted with any and all updates, and we kindly ask you to reserve judgement for now.

UPDATE

Regarding the forum thread: removing it was not the right thing to do, please take our apologies. It was done because the situation escalated quickly and we did not react in a timely manner. However, we kindly remind you about the rules that forbid discussing moderation actions.

As for the current bans: if you feel that you were unjustly banned, please contact the tech support with any information they might ask of you. That would be a tremendous help in further investigation.

Regarding the future bans: as we are currently digging deep into the situation, some bans may be on hold for now, and if you are a fair player your experience should remain unaffected.

Wonder how prompt they are on getting players un banned if need be?

Also just read this further in the thread from S_O:

l

Morning all.  I dont know if this is posted anywhere yet, but since @Sub_Octavian is on this thread, I'll ask:

(I've been away since last Thusday.  I'm back now)... Is it safe to launch/play the game?  Or just wait for a formal news announcement on the forum or main website?

Thanks,  

B

Yes, if you are a fair player, it's safe now. We've put some bans on hold until the investigation is done.

Still could be a situation of wait and see though.Think I will keep at STALKER:Call of Cherynobyl till this blows over!

Edited by BanditSE1977

[LBAS]
4,586 posts
26,022 battles
2 hours ago, keskparane said:

2 hours ago, Torchwood5 said:

I changed my Dunkirk port to Jacuzzi, am I safe?

for your own sake, disable all, dont use any mods skin mods, port mods, GUI mods,.... even postfx_annimation.xml

Edited by MatterCore

2,252 posts
13,967 battles
1 hour ago, MatterCore said:

for your own sake, disable all, dont use any mods skin mods, port mods, GUI mods,.... even postfx_annimation.xml

That's as extreme as my modding gets. Haven't added anything else

[C_A_D]
3 posts
1,296 battles

My understanding is the micro patch has triggered the bans, seems to be Reshade mod in the graphics and possibly overlays from Comms software like Team speak, Discord. Guys with Vanilla clients have been banned too.

2,252 posts
13,967 battles
5 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

Can anyone confirm if manually editing the xmls for Training room and Replay sets it off??

I can confirm it didn't set it off for me. I just re-enable them and have logged in and out twice with no problem

Oddly enough training room had more games going then I have ever seen before. Perhaps just fake news to keep people out of training room and scare people with illegal mods? Dun dun duuuunnnn (conspiracy theory)

Edited by keskparane

1,079 posts
3,888 battles

Latest update from the NA forum,no word on what the issue may or not be with replays/training room though here:

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/138894-message-from-the-na-publishing-team-regarding-the-recent-bans/

Trevzor:

Hello, everyone!

Allow us to shed some light on the situation with temporary bans applied yesterday.

Some accounts that were using the ReShade software were subject to a ban yesterday. ReShade and the likes are mostly used to modify the visual content of the game, however, the root mechanics of such add-ons are very similar to some of the cheating mods & allow third parties to create malicious versions to inject into executable files & libraries. Unfortunately, this means, that while the intentions of most of our users are benign, the code can still be harmful. As of now all of ReShade users have been unbanned today and provided with compensation.

As we are working constantly on improving the game client's protection for the sake of fair play, such mods as Reshade (in addition to the proven cheat ones) have caused some bans, and therefore will soon be prohibited. We understand that you might like the variety they bring, but the risks of the modified source code being used to cheat or even steal your accounts, far outweigh the rewards in this case.

All of this means that we will soon issue an official statement, prohibiting its further use, as a part of our ongoing effort to protect the game client.

We are continuously investigating many 3rd party software modifications which become popular within our player base to ensure that their use will not affect our players now or in future. At the same time, we’re improving our engine to let mod-makers do their job & improve their mods using native engine methods.

As of right now, we ask that players remove ReShade and any similar mods to make sure you don’t receive any unwarranted bans or lose your account data to third parties.

Regards,

The World of Warships NA Publishing Team.

Boyarsky:

Guys, let me clarify this point.

As publishers we truly believe in power of transparency and openness, and we try to share maximum with you.

However, we can't be 100% transparent on some topics.

For example:

• we can't and won't share personal data of players
  • we have policy against naming and shaming
  • we can't share sensitive financial data
  • we can't share known cheats and exploits

All of these points are pretty much common for the industry.

If we commit to share such information and keep it up to date, we do a big favor to cheat-makers, who would game our detection methods.

Unfortunately, this is a strong enough reason for us to stay mysterious about our actual knowledge on the topic.

Sorry, if this "clarification" brought more questions than answers.

Boyarsky

I agree, the current messaging does not give enough clarity on how to use third-party mods safely, at no risk of getting an unexpected ban.

The only recommendation we have at the moment - remove mods, unless you're confident that they are not "exploitable".

Also, there is another communication coming from our Dev QA team, please give us some time to make it more helpful than what I said here. Really sorry, that I sound so "corporate" in this thread.