You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DonnerSushi

Where to put 19pt captain?

21 comments in this topic

183 posts
3,790 battles

I'm already near in getting my first 19pt captain for the yamato. My problem is that I probably won't be playing yamato that much unless I get to buy the perma camo. I also don't have mutsu yet (not planning on getting kii, real ships only), so I'm foreseeing that the elite xp potential would be wasted if I keep the captain on the yamato. I plan to transfer the captain to akizuki but that would make the captain a bit too incompatible with most ijn premiums. So, where should I put it?

luhh.jpg

Super Tester
7,740 posts
8,031 battles

Keep it on Yamato. You can always use the captain in Atago / Takao if you have concealment expert. If you move your captain to some other ship, it will take a long time to retrain unless you decide to spend the doubloons. 

183 posts
3,790 battles
1 minute ago, icy_phoenix said:

Keep it on Yamato. You can always use the captain in Atago / Takao if you have concealment expert. If you move your captain to some other ship, it will take a long time to retrain unless you decide to spend the doubloons. 

I'm doing that for now. I have PT,EM,AR,SI,VI,CE and soon FP. I don't really feel the loss of DE on atago so it's fine but I'm really bored of atago already. 940k exp already. It has been my credit grinder/retrainer/mission doer for a long time. My other premiums are only scharnhorst and prinz but I only bought them coz the hull is sexy.

2 hours ago, drakon233 said:

amagi/fuso/yamato

No amagi, no real life service record. As for fuso, hmmm.

27 minutes ago, FinbarAu said:

Get a Skillakaze and torp everyone!

I'd rather get gearing first for my t10 dd.

1,386 posts
9,069 battles

Like Icy said, keep her on Yamato. 

Alternatively if you have the HSF Harekaze you can transfer the captain to Akizuki and use her for both the Akizuki and the 100mm gun Harekaze.

Harekaze is one of those ships which really benefits from having a deep captain build.

Another option is Fuso, so that if you ever get bored in PvP, you can play some PvE scenarios and still get good elite captain xp.

183 posts
3,790 battles
2 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Like Icy said, keep her on Yamato. 

Alternatively if you have the HSF Harekaze you can transfer the captain to Akizuki and use her for both the Akizuki and the 100mm gun Harekaze.

Harekaze is one of those ships which really benefits from having a deep captain build.

Another option is Fuso, so that if you ever get bored in PvP, you can play some PvE scenarios and still get good elite captain xp.

Hmm, guess I'll do just that. I don't have the harekaze and the sale is over so.... For the scenarios, I'll buy mutsu for that. I just don't like the look of fuso's pagoda. Too tall and too thin.

2 hours ago, cplbao said:

Ashigara demands u put it in ashigara

Oh, yes. I'd love that ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

1 hour ago, Moganite said:

Mikassa :cap_haloween::Smile_trollface:

I'd rather dismiss the commander than do that. (Hint: I can't)

Edited by DonnerSushi

414 posts
9,433 battles
8 hours ago, AntifoulAwl said:

If you want your captain to unlock his full potential, the choice where to put him is clear-

Umikaze.

This..... :Smile_child:

Personally, i'd pick Mogami 155. Club people even on T10.

Go pick PT+AR+DE+IFHE+CE+EM+(Vigilance/BoS/LS+PM/PM+DCCA+IFA) make it rain of 15 x 155mm HE every 10s

59d3d729c29ec_mogamicaptainskill.png.5f8b0c63829b0a9af80967f8847bfbd4.png

Dont forget to grab SGM 2 + SGM 3 for maximum Ultra Super Late Braking and sea drifting (3.4s RST). With that and if you good enough to kite, it's not that hard to dodge multiple BBs shooting at you even though you lack of concealment mod (10.3km sea detection - CE only).

59d3d735a9651_mogamemebuild.jpg.42640ea8f1ff4f3e9fd6920a86514a96.jpg ===>> 59d3d738b3d1b_mogamemerudder.jpg.8bd58dafb5b44a77fd3f4f445d68d55f.jpg

354 posts
9,048 battles

I'm in the same boat (no pun intended!). I'm anticipating getting Yamamoto pretty soon and should have enough commander xp saved up by then to pump him up to 19pts. I guess I'll put him on Amagi as I don't have a Yamato yet and don't really like t10 battles all that much anyway. He'll probably get most of his play on an ARP Kongo - possibly my favourite ship - although it seems a bit of a waste for his talents. I like Fuso, but have a terrible WR with it (40%) but Nagato is also a possibility.

980 posts
12,702 battles
On 03/10/2017 at 1:20 PM, DonnerSushi said:

I'm already near in getting my first 19pt captain for the yamato. My problem is that I probably won't be playing yamato that much unless I get to buy the perma camo. I also don't have mutsu yet (not planning on getting kii, real ships only), so I'm foreseeing that the elite xp potential would be wasted if I keep the captain on the yamato. I plan to transfer the captain to akizuki but that would make the captain a bit too incompatible with most ijn premiums. So, where should I put it?

luhh.jpg

If you dismiss this captain you will get 50 million credits. 

183 posts
3,790 battles
7 minutes ago, LordTyphoon said:

If you dismiss this captain you will get 50 million credits. 

As much as I want to dismiss the clones, sadly it's not possible. My reserve is cluttered by 2 extra iona, an extra haruna and an extra kirshima.

Super Tester
7,740 posts
8,031 battles
3 hours ago, DonnerSushi said:

As much as I want to dismiss the clones, sadly it's not possible. My reserve is cluttered by 2 extra iona, an extra haruna and an extra kirshima.

I hope you did not fell for that >.<

183 posts
3,790 battles
1 hour ago, icy_phoenix said:

I hope you did not fell for that >.<

Don't worry, I did not. I can identify sarcasm without the /s. I just really want to dismiss the extra ones. But you can't dismiss them. Besides, why would I want to dismiss an arp captain I clearly made an effort on, anyway?

Edited by DonnerSushi

[TOGN]
Beta Tester
115 posts
13,552 battles

my 19 pointer drivers  the atago and the yamato  fitted with signal/flags to help increase  the commander xp