Pony_Knight

Best premium for noobs?

29 comments in this topic

Super Tester
7,375 posts
7,889 battles

Low tier ships are all good money makers.

What classes of ships do you like to play and how much do you want to spend? What tier do you want?

Ishizuchi (HE spammer BB)

Texas (It's a New York with better AA)

Murmansk (A better Omaha)

Dunkerque

Arizona

Anshan

Belfast

Scharnhorst

Kutuzov

Tirpitz

Super Tester
2,725 posts

I recommend midtier battleships. So you could survive long lived to deliver more damage, for as long as you know how to aim.

I already have Dunkerque, Arizona, and Warspite. I used them in preferred situations for a battleship.

Video Contributor
2,243 posts
10,748 battles

Texas is better than New York 100%

Arizona overall quite better than New Maxico (not same class)

Dunkerque (6/10 recommend cuz everyone knows how to kill Dunkerque by HE)

Molotov (main gun is T9)

or buy premium account for get more profit and exp

580 posts
1,574 battles

Assuming that Kongo is your highest tier ship on hand... I'd recommend the Murmansk at T5 since it's very cheap but a well rounded CL to have and very user friendly, but do expect that MM might play out against you since you'll be endling up T7 matches but handled well the Murmansk can surprisngly hold out pretty well on her own if handled with good seamanship.

If being overtiered is not your thing then the T4 Ishizuchi might be good but I reccommend looking at youtube review vids to get a peek at your getting into.

But if you have a little more extra cash on the side the T7 Belfast and the T7 Scharnhorst are ships you can hardly go wrong with except getting into T9 matches.

The T8 Tirpitz is also a heck of a tub but its somewhat expensive... heck all of the T8s are, and you have to consider if you're ready to go into high tier matches which may leave you in a state of shock... You will be facing down Yamatos, Des Moines, Minotaurs... uhhh Kolya...

Remember when buying Premium ships, you have to consider the following:

1.) Actual cost : How much are you willing to spend

2.) Ship performance in-game : They all sound good but they all have their quirks/weakpoints and some are downright unorthodox to play (stares at Atlanta). So view some youtube vid reviews and check the WoWS wiki

3.) Match-making : How overtiered are you willing to go just to pilot said premium ship

So yeah, that's all about I can share regarding premium ships... They're not exactly winning ships but they do make for a fun play and easy grind and credit earners

Edited by Kreigg

250 posts
12,931 battles

Actually I want say "none" according to your title.
since you tell yourselves as "noob" I'd recommend you to keep play tech tree ship until you have a better grasp to the game and low tier game is very profitable to play unlike high tier. 
but if you insist to have some premium ship I'd recommended Isuzuchi since you go up in IJN BB line.
I will not recommend you to get any premium ship that higher tier than you have one since you will struggle to play well and become liability to the team.

for now, keep your wallet full until you understand game better.

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,297 battles

I'd recommend either Texas or Murmansk, you'd get the T5 regularly being thrown into T7 thanks to the current MM but you would already be experiencing that. I would suggest holding off getting anything any higher in tier until you've reached that tier higher tier games are a different beast.

268 posts
6,381 battles

Like the other's have said, the Murmansk is a good ship and will teach you how to play cruisers.

The Ishizuchi is very good now (except against planes), you'll only see a max of tier 5 ships in it and you can use it as a captain trainer.

1,105 posts

1. buy premium account and signal flag Boooost, first you must leveling that commander into level 10 at least.

2. keep playing and BUY FUSO

Fuso is the real Susano'o! 6x2 main gun, high accuracy.... so easy!

even if you snipe from 18km~20km, there will be shell (12 shell? sniper+shotgun?) hit and got easy citadel!

now, i will recommend everyone to play FUSO instead of CV

Fuso MOST EASY SHIP! Fuso best waifu!!!!

(alright that is joke, Nagamon is the best waifu!!)

12 posts
4,801 battles

I would say - none, you need first to know your playing style and what type of ship you usually enjoyed playing.

explore normal ships first and improve aiming and situational awareness, I think that is more important imo.  :D 

534 posts
On 02/10/2017 at 11:59 PM, Pony_Knight said:

Hi, i just got Kongo but now im quite low on credits, is there any good premium for new player?

Saint louis/Bogatyr for non-premium

Oleg, Kutuzov,Belfast for premium

Do not edit out Moderator's red text.

Profanity. Post edited, user warned.

~amade

Edited by amade

8 posts
2,472 battles

Thanks for every replied,i suppose i forgot to mention that i enjoy playing DD.i have unlock more tier 5 as well, like Nicolas, Podvoisky and Mutsuki

(Also sorry for the late replied, school work take most of my time right now)

Edited by Pony_Knight

Super Tester
7,375 posts
7,889 battles
16 minutes ago, Pony_Knight said:

Thanks for every replied,i suppose i forgot to mention that i enjoy playing DD.

(Also sorry for the late replied, school work take most of my time right now)

Buy Kamikaze / Fujin at the first chance you get. They are unmatched.

Sims (T7) is a monster at making credits and exp.

Blyskawica is good too but not as good as Sims.

For tier 6, Gallant is a fantastic DD. You can get Shinonome for free by completing the first campaign. She is also a fantastic DD.

For tier 8, (which I would suggest not to buy), Lo Yang and Harekaze (if ever available again).

8 posts
2,472 battles
2 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Sims (T7) is a monster at making credits and exp.

Blyskawica is good too but not as good as Sims.

For tier 6, Gallant is a fantastic DD. You can get Shinonome for free by completing the first campaign. She is also a fantastic DD.

For tier 8, (which I would suggest not to buy), Lo Yang and Harekaze (if ever available again).

What about Leningrad. Is it any good?It's on sale right now.

Edited by Pony_Knight

Super Tester
7,375 posts
7,889 battles
14 minutes ago, Pony_Knight said:

What about Leningrad. Is it any good?It's on sale right now.

Leningrad is also quite good, but only if you are familiar with Russian DD play style. Those play differently than typical (USN / IJN) DDs. However I don't see Leningrad in Asia store right now. Leningrad is mostly a run-n-gun speed demon. Has decent torps and concealment too. In terms of credit grinding and xp grinding? no, no where near Sims. Still better than any other tech tree though.

Anshan is also a great moneymaker.

8 posts
2,472 battles
1 minute ago, icy_phoenix said:

Leningrad is also quite good, but only if you are familiar with Russian DD play style. Those play differently than typical (USN / IJN) DDs. However I don't see Leningrad in Asia store right now. Leningrad is mostly a run-n-gun speed demon. Has decent torps and concealment too. In terms of credit grinding and xp grinding? no, no where near Sims. Still better than any other tech tree though.

Anshan is also a great moneymaker.

I also see Loyang and Enterprise on sale,Is it some weird glitch?

[COAT]
1,161 posts
9,860 battles
On 2017-10-7 at 0:03 AM, Pony_Knight said:

They're all good ships.Enterprise is more for skilled CV players.Loyang plays like German DD with slightly worse ballistic performance at long range.

Personally I recommend you Tier 6 Premium,can make a lot of money in scenario.

250 posts
12,931 battles
On 6/10/2560 at 10:44 PM, icy_phoenix said:

nuuuu, fujin and kami already got banned and no longer on sale anymore.

On 6/10/2560 at 11:03 PM, Pony_Knight said:

you don't
E is for CV player and you need to play CV a lot to understand all mechanics that CV related, started from tier 6.
Lo yang is DD that require specific setting both ship and captains. you need to understand DD gameplay first.

Both are Tier 8 which I highly not recommended since both has high skill floor and ceiling. Also you will see T 10 as often and will dried your will to play out if you did not know how both works.

24 posts
5,757 battles

I really recomended Lo Yang..cuz i cant play other than dd lul and it pretty good like benson have hydrocoustic

62 posts
254 battles

I've been inactive for so long but I still have a rough idea on what you can get.

Kamikaze / Fujin (Not available right now tho)
Belfast (Because radar and smoke lulz)
Tirpitz (Because Derpitz)

980 posts
12,617 battles

Most premiums have quirks that make them challenging to play in some situations - there's no premium that can help you learn the game real quick :Smile_ohmy:

Ishizuchi isn't bad, you can master shooting high arcs and it's weak armour will teach you the basics of angling against BB AP. It's also fast so it makes the game more exciting for you, and you can pick you engagements by running away if necessary. Also, it's tier 4 so matchmaker is nice. 

Super Tester
7,375 posts
7,889 battles

Just an update, you can no longer purchase Perth, Kutuzov or Belfast. Finally WG removed the OP ships from the shop.

Apart from that, with the release of Update 0.6.12 the cruisers Mikhail Kutuzov and Belfast will be unavailable for purchase in Premium Shops, whereas Perth will not be available for purchase until further notice. This is because those ships turned out to be excessively efficient in certain battle situations. Be mindful, however, that the ships will continue to be available for receipt in containers.

In the history of our game, we did make changes that affected Premium ships, but all those changes were of a general nature. This one is a stand-alone case, and all future changes, if any, related to the in-game Premium fleet will be considered on one-to-one basis.

Source: https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/ver-06_12-patchnotes/