Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
kara1087

Can Atlanta's AA destroy t9-10 planes easily?

15 comments in this topic

1,105 posts

Bullsheet, Atlanta never meet Hakuryu. also a single atlanta can even get killed by Shokaku divebomber.

those pesky atlanta have super advantage of T7, it meet only T5 TB of IJN CV most of the time.

anyway, PICK AADF or you die!

534 posts
4 minutes ago, Skarhabek said:

Bullsheet, Atlanta never meet Hakuryu. also a single atlanta can even get killed by Shokaku divebomber.

those pesky atlanta have super advantage of T7, it meet only T5 TB of IJN CV most of the time.

anyway, PICK AADF or you die!

I think he was referring to div,sometimes div just bring low tier to high tier

784 posts
4,856 battles

Atlanta with DFAA may not shred T9/T10 planes, but they'd still won't survive the duration I assume.
Without DFAA or when it's in cooldown, Other usual cruisers at T10 without DFAA would be more formidable.

Super Tester
7,779 posts
8,043 battles

Atlanta AA will only "shred" up to tier 8 cv planes. Or the noobs in CV who will keep sending 1 squad and keep hovering for 5 minutes before dropping. Tier 9 and Tier 10 CVs can overwhelm Atlanta even inside DFAA. If I recall it right, they can even delete stuffs like Iowa with Manual AA if they want to, and compare that to Atlanta... its food.

Beta Tester
1,174 posts
7,749 battles

A fully specced Atlanta with Defensive Fire active will output 958 dps at 7.2 km. A fully specced Des Moines with Defensive Fire active will output 2,559 dps at 7.2 km. So while Atlanta AA is very powerful at Tier 7, it is still not in the same league as a genuine high tier Cruiser.

1 post
124 battles

Do IJN Fighters ever have an advantage over US fighters in dogfighting? I'm at tier 5 IJN and noticed ship AA won't completely destroy a squad but US fighters will win every time.

Super Tester
7,779 posts
8,043 battles
36 minutes ago, Malkadore said:

Do IJN Fighters ever have an advantage over US fighters in dogfighting? I'm at tier 5 IJN and noticed ship AA won't completely destroy a squad but US fighters will win every time.

While you gain lot more strike power in IJN CVs, USN gain fighter strength. And in high tiers, ship AA will kill a lot more. But you will still lose most of your planes to enemy strafes.

[1NATN]
[1NATN]
447 posts
15,459 battles
16 hours ago, drakon233 said:

that means you arnt dumb enough to cross tier div with lelanta

I'll have you know that I'm plenty dumb enough, thank you very much.

[KGHSF]
3,251 posts
6,221 battles

Ask Saipan 
Will you can shoot him?

OR WHOEVER have T9 planes

Edited by THAI_THIEF

Sign in to follow this