You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FinbarAu

What line do we want to see next?

43 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
184 posts
4,009 battles

So, with the British Battleships now sailing the high seas with their super Hi-Ex, so that leads to what speculation we have for what comes next.

Sure, the Pan-Asia line is coming out, but......meh, it frankly doesnt interest me.

No, I am curious about what I consider the 'Major' lines. Japan, USA, USSR, Germany, UK and maybe France.

IJN and USN are pretty much fleshed out. I mean, sure, they could expand the IJN DD Gun Boat line up ti Tier X, or they could have a line split for the USN in either CA's or DD in much the same way.... but it's not likely.

So what does that leave?

USSR still has a BB line to flesh out.....but lets face it, they had some Pre-Dreadnaughts, some WW1 era battleships and then after the Imperator Nikolai, they had the HMS Royal Sovereign under a different name, and that would only by Tier 6 at best!..and the Giulio Cesare, both ere re-branded but still... thats a Tier 5 ship. 

There were the three Sovetsky Soyuz class ships which were never built....so even if you buff and fluff them, thats Tier 8 at best. Unless they want to do a sort of 'half line' it's not going to happen and likely, we will only see USSR BB's as premiums.

So what is left?

Italy could have a case made for their own individual lines. They certainly had enough BB's, CA's and DD's.

France had their BB line as well, but....well, Dunkerque only had one sister ship, the Strasbourg, which was more heavily armoured, so it will likely only ever some along as a Tier 7 or 8 BB in Premium. So not enough there, but a case could be made for a 'Southern European' line and buff the combined BB's of the Mediterranean to tier X and thus have a full line.... There was the Richelieu-class and all up, including Paper Designs like Alsace, there could be a case made.... I am doubtful though. It may just be easier to have Premium's and make more money that way. I'd like to see a full French BB line though....

But France did have one thing that could be done. DD's. Le Fantasque-class would be Top Tier in my mind and a definite competitor against the Shimakaze. It was the fastest DD of WW2. the Magador Class would also be a contender. The point is, there is certainly enough in there to make a full line, with a split for Torp Boat and Gun Boat. So, French DD's are a possibility.

Sadly they didn't have enough CV's to make their own line, so maybe some premiums...

The UK line is still missing out on two classes. CV and DD. The UK absolutely had enough of both to make their own lines. This would allow Wargaming to flesh out the British Line to completion. With plenty of room for Premiums left over of course. I'd see HMS Vengeance as their Tier X CV.  I also want to see the Dido Class Light Cruisers. To my mind they were the UK version of the Atlanta and Cleveland for guns, anti-air and hijinks.

South America? Well, lets face it, they had their Dreadnought race, but nothing significant until the end of WW2, as far as I can remember. There might be some premium's in the works like the Minas Geraes or other lower tier Battleships, but there was certainly not enough to bring them up to Tier X. 

So what is left?

I mean, don't get me wrong, the British CV and DD lines, the French CA/CL and DD lines, these are enough to keep them busy for another year or three. There is the Commonwealth ships that will likely be Premiums and give Canada and other Commonwealth nations a look in, there is  the Pan Asia line....but lets face it, most of those are IJN, US and UK ships with shiny new names.

The Dutch? There might be enough to have a DD line, maybe some premium CL's, but lets face it, they had Submarines for the most part as active during WW2. So no line development hamstrings them. Much like the French.

The point is, the lines, aside from Premiums and blatant pandering to a region (Pan-Asia), have limited options.

French DD's, UK DD's, UK CV's, Italian Navy lines, what am I missing?

More importantly, what do you want to see next?

Me? I'm hanging out for the UK line of CV's. In my mind, the big problem with CV's is it comes down to USN Vs IJN and that's it. Having a third line will allow the introduction of a Rock-Paper-Scissors style match ups, where each line has their own advantages and disadvantages. Right now, each tier has one clear winner for power and that's it. It's a dead end, you either play the more powerful or deliberately hamstring yourself. Having a third line would bring in the balance, challenge and freshness the CV lines have needed for a while now. Hopefully, it would also allow Wargaming to re-examine how the CV's work, the base mechanics and everything else, and be prepared to make changes where necessary.

The other line I want to see most? French DD's. Bring on the speedboats!

How about you?

580 posts
1,602 battles

Well we have had Soviet Cruisers, German DDs, UK and German BBs, UK cruisers, and French Cruisers... I think it's about time to either give some love to a new CV line or a new DD line or if the Duca D Aosta is any indicator, quite probably pasta line cruisers?? Most likely a new DD line me thinks... There's just not too much in there...

Edited by Kreigg

1,384 posts
9,060 battles
57 minutes ago, FishyPower said:

I wanna an anime ship line.

This. WG please.

On a serious note, I would like to see a IJN CL/CA split, and also fill up the Tier 9-10 slots for the DD sub branch. I would mention a USN CL sub branch, but WG already said it is in the works.

1,539 posts

This is not an anime game !!! If you want anime, go somewhere else... This is a realistic arcade game, based on historical data, battles, gameplay etc.. Not a stupid anime take over fantasy game...go away & fantasize about anime in your own bedroom.... Not everyone is as crazy about cartoons as you !!!

The anime disease is not welcome everywhere, its a plague !! We already have enough anime garbage....

Ordrazz 

Edited by Ordrazz

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,313 posts

UK CV line - Armored decks, Seafires and ample AA.

Additional US CL/CA line - Alaska class FTW.

European Class lines - Including Sweden, Netherlands and maybe even Spain.

Who knows......

1,859 posts
5,797 battles
3 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

This is not an anime game !!! If you want anime, go somewhere else... This is a realistic arcade game, based on historical data, battles, gameplay etc.. Not a stupid anime take over fantasy game...go away & fantasize about anime in your own bedroom.... Not everyone is as crazy about cartoons as you !!!

The anime disease is not welcome everywhere, its a plague !! We already have enough anime garbage....

Ordrazz 

someone is salty about something so little

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,325 battles
4 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

Ordrazz 

"Realistic" Minekaze 5.5km magically disappears

440 posts
3,386 battles

ThIS iS nOt An AnIMe GAmE!1!1!

On a serious note, any new cruiser line is a welcome for me, but I do want to see some italian and french BBs. Russian BBs is gonna be something interesting on how they gonna pull it off (if they intend to add this line)

[MEGA]
4,654 posts
17,883 battles
1 hour ago, rouge42 said:

ThIS iS nOt An AnIMe GAmE!1!1!

On a serious note, any new cruiser line is a welcome for me, but I do want to see some italian and french BBs. Russian BBs is gonna be something interesting on how they gonna pull it off (if they intend to add this line)

well, they managed to conjure up plenty of T9-10BBs already, like the RN/KM line, the vodka line must have plenty of plans drawn out anyways since stalin was just as crazy about BB as hitler, the stalingrads cant have been the most outlandish or impractally big ones, tjey were just the most affordable ones

Beta Tester
68 posts
707 battles
17 hours ago, Ordrazz said:

Ordrazz 

you must be new to WG titles if you expect historical date and battles :cap_popcorn:

On topic, I would love Swedish ships. Not sure if they would have enough to fill the line though

[MEGA]
4,654 posts
17,883 battles
18 minutes ago, charcoal44 said:

Italian line for gods sake, why a stupid Pan Asia line of never were's?

It's no different with WOT either, no Italian line of vehicles, wake up to yourselves will ya WG .

something something archives

something something acess 

something something pasta

1,386 posts
8,323 battles
19 hours ago, drakon233 said:

i want to see a north korean battleship line.with kim il sun as a legendary commander

...And one needs to recite one of great leader surpreme general’s quotes before firing a salvo. The DPRK BB’s special feature is that it will automatically threat to nuke the ROK DD whenever under fire:etc_red_button:

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08

[MEGA]
4,654 posts
17,883 battles
8 minutes ago, HMS_Swiftsure_08 said:

...And one needs to recite one of great leader surpreme general’s quotes before firing a salvo. The DPRK BB’s special feature is that it will automatically threat to nuke the ROK DD whenever under fire:etc_red_button:

and have the word "dotard" included in every line of the script