Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FishyPower

Halp my WTR

15 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,254 battles

Fishy has finally obtained some "Dank Skillz" after returning his gruesome and tough expedition into Detonation, Land of Salt. He is now ready to attempt to redeem himself and git gud to earn the right to be a "Stats Basher"

Anyways, I want to know whether it would be better to fix ships with bad WTR records (I.E Omaha) or just play the ships I'm good at to fix my overall WTR

[LBAS]
4,468 posts
25,632 battles
39 minutes ago, FishyPower said:

Well, I wanna get into a better clan. BAMF is already stuck down in WOT, so I need some stats to justify better clans accepting me

my Clan very simple/casual, will you?

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

When I was playing Minotaur I cared about my WR so much, ending up smashing my keyboard multiple times, with one occasion snapping my network cable.(BTW my 20USD junkyard condition keyboard is pretty tank, no damage after multiple rage smash)

But for the ships I don’t care about stats, I can find fun, heck even Monarch is fun for me...

SCREW THE STATS:etc_red_button:

381 posts
9,957 battles

Improve your stats on unpopular/likely to be skipped ships across mid tiers. USN cruisers/destroyers + German cruisers are my recommendations. It's fairly easy to get 1500+ WTR on them because they have received a lot of buffs since release.

64 posts
3,175 battles

Full AA build on ships that aren't commonly full AA build but still viable (e.g: Harekaze) and then 3man div with other ships that have sexy large AA bubbles and other general division based padding of results.

Your WTR will Excellent in no time.

Edited by phutev

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

Seriously? WTR is a measurement from a site that stays down almost half the year. Why do you even check that site?

WTR farming is basically damage farming. If that is not what you do, don't look at that stat.

If you really want to track your stats, the official stats are enough. Try increasing your average damage and win rate. And also understand that games won't always go as you wanted.

980 posts
12,617 battles
31 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

WTR farming is basically damage farming. If that is not what you do, don't look at that stat.

I don't know any players with high WTR, but who are crap. 

Also I don't think I know any players with low WTR, but who are genuinely unicums. 

True, WTR doesn't take into everything that makes a player good at random battles (spotting, capping, tanking, etc.), but the general trend is that a good WTR means a good player. 

So WTR is not completely irrelevant in determining how good a player is. 

Beta Tester
902 posts
4,254 battles
1 hour ago, icy_phoenix said:

Seriously? WTR is a measurement from a site that stays down almost half the year. Why do you even check that site?

If you really want to track your stats, the official stats are enough. Try increasing your average damage and win rate. And also understand that games won't always go as you wanted.

Well, not so much as WTR but rather whatever we use as a rating.

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles
1 hour ago, LordTyphoon said:

Also I don't think I know any players with low WTR, but who are genuinely unicums. 

People get better as they progress in game. But WTR will not recognize that. If you play bad in a ship for 100 games, 100 games on average/ good, and 100 games on unicum level, your WTR is still on average. And what about player experience? I know a guy named Melon who has 1300+ WTR only, but everyone knows what kind of player he is. So much for "good indication". Anyone (unless like suzy which is rare) main in US DDs, is bound to have low WTR.

455 posts
8,038 battles
30 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

People get better as they progress in game. But WTR will not recognize that. If you play bad in a ship for 100 games, 100 games on average/ good, and 100 games on unicum level, your WTR is still on average. And what about player experience? I know a guy named Melon who has 1300+ WTR only, but everyone knows what kind of player he is. So much for "good indication". Anyone (unless like suzy which is rare) main in US DDs, is bound to have low WTR.

........notice me too senpai

(It's OK you can lie a bit)

Sign in to follow this